***Official June 20th 2006 MCAT Score Release Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

QofQuimica

Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi April 2006 MCATers,

Some posters have requested that we have one serious thread where only announcements and information about the April 2006 MCAT score release are posted. This thread is it. After the scores are released (on JUNE 20TH!!!), y'all can post your scores in here as well. But in the meantime, please while away the time in the Official April 2006 thread so that we can avoid cluttering this one up with unrelated posts. As always, please remember that false score release posts and threads are a no-no, and good luck to everyone waiting. :)

Members don't see this ad.

In case you didn't see this post in the other thread:

All right, I've got some useful news for you April MCATers. I didn't want to post that I was doing this until she got back to me, but I contacted Dr. Ellen Julian, who is the Director of MCAT for the AAMC, and she confirmed that your scores would be released online on the 20th. So you guys can stop checking obsessively this week. I don't know why some of you were told the 12th/13th, but again, Dr. Julian said the online release would be June 20th.

newyorkcougar said:
It is frustrating that the biggest hold up on scores is grading the writing section. No school in America cares at all about that section! It is not even a good tie-breaker. They don't even look at the writing section! And the writing section is what keeps the scores from getting released the day after the administration. Lame.

The following question was asked at the Mcat discussion board and the following reply by the staff

All Forums
MCAT General Discussion
General Q & A
MCAT Staff New Topic Reply to Topic
Printer Friendly

Author Topic
lanae43

52 Posts
Posted - 08/19/2004 : 23:22:53
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was wondering if someone could explain why it takes 60 days to process the scores. I understand that the essays must take forever to grade, but have they ever considered releasing the other scores earlier, so people could have a idea of how they did minus the written portion?

Khenon

204 Posts
Posted - 08/20/2004 : 08:16:18
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't have an answer to your question, but I heard (yes, more gossip) that it only takes 1 minute for the graders to read over our essays. I just thought that was funny. It further makes you wonder what takes so long. My guess (and this is completely a guess), is that it takes a while because there are several different formats of the exam and the final scores are based on how well everyone did. So they need the scores from across the country before they can even start figuring out the statistics for each exam and come up with a final scale. I have no idea if this is really true . . . just a guess. Hopefully the MCAT staff will get back with you. Take care.

Staff

0 Posts
Posted - 08/20/2004 : 09:50:44

It takes every bit as long to get the multiple-choice section scores ready as it does to get the essay scores. It's almost a month before all the boxes are back, the sheets counted and scanned, the data file cleaned, and the registration data matched with the answer sheets. (And in computer-based testing, that final data file will be ready the next morning!) We also have content people review the rationale for the answer keys for any questions that are challenged by examinees or for which the stats look funny. Only then can we calculate final number correct scores and begin the process of equating all of the forms onto a common scale. The times when we almost didn't make the 60 day deadline were more often because of delays with the multiple-choice sections than with the essays.

I know people sometimes think we are just twiddling our thumbs or sadistically enjoying your anxiety for those sixty days, but, believe me, we are busting our butts to get those scores out.

Members don't see this ad :)
QofQuimica said:
Hi April 2006 MCATers,

Some posters have requested that we have one serious thread where only announcements and information about the April 2006 MCAT score release are posted. This thread is it. After the scores are released (on JUNE 20TH!!!), y'all can post your scores in here as well. But in the meantime, please while away the time in the Official April 2006 thread so that we can avoid cluttering this one up with unrelated posts. As always, please remember that false score release posts and threads are a no-no, and good luck to everyone waiting. :)

Q,

Do we know if they will release at midnight on monday??or sometime during the day on Tue
G

doc G said:
Q,

Do we know if they will release at midnight on monday??or sometime during the day on Tue
G
Sorry, I don't know. Dr. Julian did not give me a time. She just said that online scores would be released on June 20th, and paper versions would be mailed on the 20th as well. Speaking of which, I forgot to repost this info concerning the paper and online scores both being released on June 20th:

Dr. Ellen Julian said:
ACT sends the scores to us and then mails out the letters. We have to match the scores with our databases of MCAT histories and resolve all discrepancies before we can post them. So, ACT doesn't really know when the actual electronic release date will be, but they do know about the paper reports - because they send them out. That's why I'm inclined to think that the 20th is a good estimate for that, too.

Hang in there, everybody. It's almost Thursday already. :luck:

QofQuimica said:
Sorry, I don't know. Dr. Julian did not give me a time. She just said that online scores would be released on June 20th, and paper versions would be mailed on the 20th as well. Speaking of which, I forgot to repost this info concerning the paper and online scores both being released on June 20th:

Hang in there, everybody. It's almost Thursday already. :luck:

So to clarify...

1. Paper Results are being mailed not by the AAMC, but the ACT. And they are slated to be "mailed out" on the 20th (not arrive in our mailbox). So they would arrive sometime later in the week of the 20th. So checking our mailboxes before the 20th is a waste of time.

2. Online scores will be released, guaranteed not earlier, than the 20th which could mean late night on the 19th, all day on the 20th, or the early morning of the 21st. So checking scores before the evening of the 19th is purely a waste of time.

Is this right? If I knew this concretely, I could go back to focusing on my life! :)

LifetimeDoc said:
So to clarify...

1. Paper Results are being mailed not by the AAMC, but the ACT. And they are slated to be "mailed out" on the 20th (not arrive in our mailbox). So they would arrive sometime later in the week of the 20th. So checking our mailboxes before the 20th is a waste of time.

2. Online scores will be released, guaranteed not earlier, than the 20th which could mean late night on the 19th, all day on the 20th, or the early morning of the 21st. So checking scores before the evening of the 19th is purely a waste of time.

Is this right? If I knew this concretely, I could go back to focusing on my life! :)
That about sums the current situation up.

You guys quit hanging out in this thread. You're supposed to post your angst in the April one. ;) I'm going to move the posts there.

How do I get my scores online? Do I need to register a username and password? I don't remember creating one when signing up for the MCAT originally. Was creating a username mandatory when registering?

yanks2k6 said:
How do I get my scores online? Do I need to register a username and password? I don't remember creating one when signing up for the MCAT originally. Was creating a username mandatory when registering?

Just goto https://services.aamc.org/mcatthx to check your scores (they'll be blank until they are actually released). You can get help on retrieving your password or re-registering there.

When I logged into my account, there is no notice of me even taking the april exam. It just says no scores posted. Is that how it is for everybody else with no notice of even have taken the April 2006 exam? Man, I'm so paranoid and worried.

yanks2k6 said:
When I logged into my account, there is no notice of me even taking the april exam. It just says no scores posted. Is that how it is for everybody else with no notice of even have taken the April 2006 exam? Man, I'm so paranoid and worried.

For everyone who has taken the April 2006 MCAT and has never taken the MCAT before, then they will get the same message. If you have taken the MCAT in 2005 and prior years, you will see your old scores, but not the new April 2006 scores.

Worry not, your scores will show up sometime on Monday or Tuesday! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I just thought why not start this thread since the scores are coming out tonight. Good luck everyone and I am really anxious to know all your scores. :D

simpleman said:
I just thought why not start this thread since the scores are coming out tonight. Good luck everyone and I am really anxious to know all your scores. :D

There's already an official thread with this same agenda.

"The April 2006 scores will be available here shortly after 10pm (Eastern).
MCAT Scores
You have no scores yet."

I just hope they mean today 10pm not tomorrow 10pm.

so thats 7 o clock pst no? i think im gonna crap my pants right now.

QofQuimica said:
Good call. Merging into the official score release thread. :)
I think we need a thread just for scores, that will be locked now and get unlocked when scores are released.

EddieIndy said:
I think we need a thread just for scores, that will be locked now and get unlocked when scores are released.
This is gonna be it. I'll merge the rest of them into this one. Just want to wish everyone best of luck now in case SDN crashes later. BTW, if any of you haven't seen the sticky yet, there is an AIM chat room open for you guys. Better to crash AOL than SDN, right??? :laugh:

31R. Not quite good enough for Pitt. Oh well. At least my kids finally went to bed. Hope everyone else got what they wanted and is not sitting here crying. :luck: to everyone.

ETA: My practice tests were 30-36, mostly 33's. I was expecting a higher score. My breakdown was 9BS 9PS 13VS. I freaked out the day of the test. I used EK/AAMC and feel good right now. I'm trying to warm up to the idea of cheese steak because I think my score gives me a good shot at the Philly schools and Penn State. I'm sad that Pitt is more of a longshot than ever but I'm not throwing myself some lame pity party or anything. I'm praying God has something in the works for me since I tried my hardest and all.

Congrats to everyone else! The scores I've read through so far look higher than people were expecting. Yay. :thumbup: :)

gujuDoc said:
Congrats. What was your breakdown????????? Oh and post in the 30+ thread if you get a chance.

14 PS, 13 VR, 14 BS. I'll post study habits when I'm thinking a little clearer. To pint night!

Post pint night update:

1. Your Form (If you remember): BN

2. Your Practice Score Range: 34-40 (AAMC 3-8)

3. What you used to Study: Kaplan class prep books, but no class

4. How do you feel right now? Ecstatic & shocked was putting it mildly.

29M

8 PS
11 VR
10 BS
M

guys this sucks! i'm thrillled with the 29, but i took the CBT and i don't think my first essay saved! i was hoping that the computer would automatically save it, but it doesn't look like it did. i'm screwed. (i think)
$%#^&!!!!!! otherwise that M is from outer space.

37Q

13PS, 11VR, 13BS

YAY!!!!!

This was my prediction (though I would say it) - scary!! And Just under 37 was the average of my practice tests.

:D

Edited to add more details:

1. Your Form (If you remember): FH

2. Your Practice Score Range: 33-40 (really 35-40, the 33 was before I finished reviewing)

3. What you used to Study: Kaplan online and AAMC tests

4. How do you feel right now????? Ecstatic

oxeye said:
37Q

13PS, 11VR, 13BS

YAY!!!!!

This was my prediction (though I would say it) - scary!! And Just under 37 was the average of my practice tests.

:D

congrats wow what a great score
i got a 31S

12 PS 08 VR 11 BS

Should i retake with a 08?? I really dont want to take this over again. im going for a special masters program

35R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: 11
VR: 11
BS: 13

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yes!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Edited with more details:

1. Your Form (If you remember): BG

2. Your Practice Score Range: 29-33 (four 33's in a row on Kaplan full-lengths)

3. What you used to Study: Kaplan classroom course

4. How do you feel right now? I didn't believe in love at first sight until I saw my MCAT score!

Congrats to everyone!!! I'm kind of pleased with my 29P. Especially surprised with the writing... It should be enough for IU medschool. Now I will relax for the rest of the summer and then think if it's worth it to retake and have a chance at Md/Phd.

42 O

14/14/14!!!!

I have no idea what went wrong on the writing sample, and can't quite bring myself to care just at the moment.

30Q

my highest kaplan practice was only a 29, so im thrilled, at least i dont have to take this f'in test ever again, ill stick with it and see.

Good to see such high scores out there, congrats to everyone who made their goal, and to those who didnt, its not the end of the world, keep tryin to get to your goal.

34L!

12 VR, 11 PS, 11 BS

I am thrilled with the numbers, my highest practice test was a 35, so I scored right around the same. The L is rather low (whoops, guess I should have worked a little harder on the writing section :oops: ), but that shouldn't be a big problem, right?

Eddie, I got the same score as you (with a slightly different breakdown)! And I'm from Indiana!

VR: 11
PS: 9
BS: 9
WS: P

I'm so thrilled! 29 was the average of my exams. I also had two MCAT dreams, and the average of my scores was a 28.5! Creepy!
Congrats to all who have fantastic scores!!! :D