Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did and search and didn't find much on this topic.
Slated to start my prelim IM July '07...just saw on the news that the hospital I'm going to may close down due to financial reasons. It's a county hospital that has had it's share of $$ troubles but it never came this far sicne it really is the only facility for 200K + patients. If they do close it will likely happen this summer (according to the news) - the hospital board, governor and county council will make a decision by next week (again, according to what I've read/heard on the news).
Tried calling the PD, the Program Co-ord and even the Secretary and no one's answering their phone. I'm outta state so showing up there unannounced is not practical.
I have my Advanced in Anesthesia for 2008 and I plan to call the PD there to see if they know of ways to help me out. But what I want to know is what obligation (if any) does my prelim program have in getting me another prelim year? Can I ask the folks at the NRMP to do something for me?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Slated to start my prelim IM July '07...just saw on the news that the hospital I'm going to may close down due to financial reasons. It's a county hospital that has had it's share of $$ troubles but it never came this far sicne it really is the only facility for 200K + patients. If they do close it will likely happen this summer (according to the news) - the hospital board, governor and county council will make a decision by next week (again, according to what I've read/heard on the news).
Tried calling the PD, the Program Co-ord and even the Secretary and no one's answering their phone. I'm outta state so showing up there unannounced is not practical.
I have my Advanced in Anesthesia for 2008 and I plan to call the PD there to see if they know of ways to help me out. But what I want to know is what obligation (if any) does my prelim program have in getting me another prelim year? Can I ask the folks at the NRMP to do something for me?
Any advice would be appreciated.