July 13 MCAT Score DELAY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CrossMaster

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
a

Members don't see this ad.

Calm down Veruca, you'll get a flying glass elevator as soon as we get home.

Calm down Veruca, you'll get a flying glass elevator as soon as we get home.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I want a ball
I want a party
Pink macaroons and a million balloons
And performing baboons and ...
Give it to me
Rrhh rhhh
Now!

I want the world
I want the whole world
I want to lock it all up in my pocket
It's my bar of chocolate
Give it to me
Now!

I want today
I want tomorrow
I want to wear 'em like braids in my hair
And I don't want to share 'em

I want a party with room fulls of laughter
Ten thousand tons of ice cream
And if I don't get the things I am after
I'm going to scream!

I want the works
I want the whole works
Presents and prizes and sweets and surprises
Of all shapes and sizes
And now
Don't care how
I want it now
Don't care how
I want it now!

im hoping you copied that from a site and didnt memorize it line by line.:D
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I want a ball
I want a party
Pink macaroons and a million balloons
And performing baboons and ...
Give it to me
Rrhh rhhh
Now!

I want the world
I want the whole world
I want to lock it all up in my pocket
It's my bar of chocolate
Give it to me
Now!

I want today
I want tomorrow
I want to wear 'em like braids in my hair
And I don't want to share 'em

I want a party with room fulls of laughter
Ten thousand tons of ice cream
And if I don't get the things I am after
I'm going to scream!

I want the works
I want the whole works
Presents and prizes and sweets and surprises
Of all shapes and sizes
And now
Don't care how
I want it now
Don't care how
I want it now!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hopefully as the day goes by they get a better idea as to when they'll finish this test and post a legit date and time

I just spoke to someone at aamc and she said that the scores will not ALL be released at the same time. I guess it depends on what section you took. Hopefully she knew what she was talking about. I had to jump through hoops just to talk to a person... albeit one in the wrong department

I just spoke to someone at aamc and she said that the scores will not ALL be released at the same time. I guess it depends on what section you took. Hopefully she knew what she was talking about. I had to jump through hoops just to talk to a person... albeit one in the wrong department

Hmmm.. that sounds very odd indeed. At least she gave you an answer! But it seems to me that in order to avoid pissing off more people, they'd release everything at the same time. I.E.: They want to avoid people calling them saying, "So and so got their score, but where's mine???"

yeah man this delay is really stupid...

wait, so some people will get their scores before others? Like last names starting from A - F tonight, G - T tomorrow and U - Z on friday?

or something along those lines...

I WANNA SEE MY SCORE DANGIT

Amen! Kind of complicated story, but if i get my score back TODAY, and it is okay, I'm heading out to the east coast for a trip before skool starts. If not, I've got to cancel my flight. Way way sucky. I hope they come through

all the scores will be released at the same time.. i spoke to AAMC and thats what they said.

why must they torture us so?

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to everyone getting their scores back soon! This is torture i know...ahhhh

It's after 5 p.m. EST. How do you think they define "evening"?

I wonder if we can just neurotically hit "refresh" on the THx page, or if we have to log in/log out...

I guess I know what I'm doing tonight!

That's just what I was thinking. I am wondering if they close their offices at 5:00 DC time and thus there would be no chance of them posting scores sometime later tonight? Anyone know?

I just spoke with a very nice representative from AAMC. She said that from what she was hearing the scores would likely be released either by midnight tonight, or more likely, early tomorrow morning. But that they are still hoping for a release tonight. All of the scores are released at once for the test date.

Who knows for sure...good luck everyone.

I just spoke with a very nice representative from AAMC. She said that from what she was hearing the scores would likely be released either by midnight tonight, or more likely, early tomorrow morning. But that they are still hoping for a release tonight. All of the scores are released at once for the test date.

Who knows for sure...good luck everyone.

Thanks for the info. argh cmon!!!! :scared:

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! :luck:

man, they had a whole month to do this. And now they need a few more hours? It's like some irresponsible college kid cramming for his exams the night before. I expected more from aamc =(

for the record, aamc's website states, "Please note that these are target dates. Scores may be released on the exact date or within a few days of the day published in the schedule." So I'm guessing as everyone here has been avidly refreshing their score report websites, they all know that the test date IS a target date.

You all should have known this for at least a month now, im guessing, so calm down and stop freaking out. This is what happens when the test is offered so many times compared to just twice, previously.

Since you are all obviously very "well rounded" individuals and unique in your own respects since clearly your expectation is that the MCAT will make or break your medical school acceptance, hobby it up for a little while.

I'm going to choose to relax, as i have been for the past month since i no longer have to worry about the test, and worry about more important things that i have control over.

good luck, and good night.

ps: to whomever posted about the time zones - seeing as how amcas is located in washington, DC, let's assume they are in Eastern Standard Time. Just a thought. Oh, and yes, i was bored enough to read and post on this forum.

That's just what I was thinking. I am wondering if they close their offices at 5:00 DC time and thus there would be no chance of them posting scores sometime later tonight? Anyone know?

The results for August 2006 came in just before midnight.

eh its not a good idea to tell overly anxious pre meds to calm down :laugh:

man, they had a whole month to do this. And now they need a few more hours? It's like some irresponsible college kid cramming for his exams the night before. I expected more from aamc =(

and dudette, give them a break. They've worked pretty hard to switch to computer tests to shorten it for us (even though i hate the computer test compared to the paper test), AND they had two tests in one day, doubling their workload for a month. I think we can suffer another day or two without serious compromise to our physical and emotional well-being.

eh its not a good idea to tell overly anxious pre meds to calm down :laugh:

Haha, I totally agree!

And to whomever posted the stuff about us all calming down: your intentions were obviously good, but we all know that you want those scores as bad as we do. Thus you wouldn't be on this forum. Just a thought.

and dudette, give them a break. They've worked pretty hard to switch to computer tests to shorten it for us (even though i hate the computer test compared to the paper test), AND they had two tests in one day, doubling their workload for a month. I think we can suffer another day or two without serious compromise to our physical and emotional well-being.

ok A) dudette is a very odd name
B) I wouldnt have minded them pushing back the release date to Aug 17th, but it makes people anxious to set a date, then push it back at the last minute. And honestly, I don't exactly feel bad for them.. they have test days with 2 tests all the time, so it's a pretty normal load for them.

plus... I hate the computer test also. I'd much rather it be paper/pencil. All I would want is for this delay to have been announced sooner, so we don't get our hopes up.

I dont know...if you don't want to be anxious, then go ahead and be calm yourself, but you don't have to force it on others. If you don't like anxious premeds, then i'd suggest avoiding these boards...

Scary, bunch of logical premeds, trying to form a mob! Oh no! I have 28 days till my score release, I'll be supporting your cause in approximately 26 days. Rant on!:smuggrin::thumbup:

Scary, bunch of logical premeds, trying to form a mob! Oh no! I have 28 days till my score release, I'll be supporting your cause in approximately 26 days. Rant on!:smuggrin::thumbup:

dont be so sure.. you may have 29 days.. or even 30. just like this

this sucks. are we the first batch of test-takers this year to get screwed over with the release date...

i give up. I'm going out drinking! i hope they're out by the time i come back! :D

Hey, this was my first time ever writing the MCAT, and I was just wondering what exactly takes them so long to grade the exam? Is it just the essays or scaling the scores or what? Seriously. Anxious as I am to get my scores, I don't mean that as an angry rhetorical question. Does anyone out there have an idea of what the graders might be doing right now?

Hey, this was my first time ever writing the MCAT, and I was just wondering what exactly takes them so long to grade the exam? Is it just the essays or scaling the scores or what? Seriously. Anxious as I am to get my scores, I don't mean that as an angry rhetorical question. Does anyone out there have an idea of what the graders might be doing right now?

They are at home, on SDN, laughing at us... at least thats what i'd be doing.

This is EXACLTY the kind of luck I have with these things. F-ing unbelievable. I don't know if its worthless checking throughout the night or not... either way, I need booze.

I dunno, probably getting wasted like all of us should by now if someone had done their job... :cough: AAMC! :cough:

Honestly, DAT and GRE are instant scores, both on computer; LSAT is less than three weeks (written); PCAT is about six weeks, but it's paper too.

It figures, we should have contemplated this when we took a test on Fri the 13th!!! First off, it was impossible, and now this! :smuggrin:

for the record, aamc's website states, "Please note that these are target dates. Scores may be released on the exact date or within a few days of the day published in the schedule." So I'm guessing as everyone here has been avidly refreshing their score report websites, they all know that the test date IS a target date.

You all should have known this for at least a month now, im guessing, so calm down and stop freaking out. This is what happens when the test is offered so many times compared to just twice, previously.

Since you are all obviously very "well rounded" individuals and unique in your own respects since clearly your expectation is that the MCAT will make or break your medical school acceptance, hobby it up for a little while.

I'm going to choose to relax, as i have been for the past month since i no longer have to worry about the test, and worry about more important things that i have control over.

good luck, and good night.

ps: to whomever posted about the time zones - seeing as how amcas is located in washington, DC, let's assume they are in Eastern Standard Time. Just a thought. Oh, and yes, i was bored enough to read and post on this forum.

lol

damn u wrote the mcats?? :laugh:

:luck: :luck: :luck:

hmmm it is a good question though. I also wonder what exactly takes so long. I'm guessing it's the scaling, since Kaplan told us they take about 40 seconds per essay.

hmmm it is a good question though. I also wonder what exactly takes so long. I'm guessing it's the scaling, since Kaplan told us they take about 40 seconds per essay.

actually computing a raw score should be done in a second per test right? I mean its a computer and the test is on a computer so I'm thinking it tells how many you got right or wrong per section? so then shouldn't they spend the other 20 some business days actually figuring out how to scale it?

actually computing a raw score should be done in a second per test right? I mean its a computer and the test is on a computer so I'm thinking it tells how many you got right or wrong per section? so then shouldn't they spend the other 20 some business days actually figuring out how to scale it?

computing a raw score is done right when you finish the test, just like how you get your score as soon as you finish teh AAMC practice tests.. I think they need only a week to figure out a curve..

technically, they can figure out a curve by the end of the day when all the tests are done and all the scores are in.. all they need is a complex mathematical computer that does all this statistics stuff and says :thumbup: or :thumbdown: for the curve...

honestly, how long do they need?!!?

It doesn't sound funny to 'write' a test; I mean, think about it, it sounds more accurate than to 'take' a test.:p

Hey all.....i'm usually just a lurker, but now am posting bc i'm just so, so nervous while I'm waiting for the results!! I'm just trying to predict what my score is going to be:
in order of completion
AAMC3: 33
Gold Standard: 33
TPR(forgot which one): 33
AAMC4: 37
AAMC5: 36
AAMC10: 34
AAMC8: 37

I really hope to get above 35 in the exam, which I found quite hard honestly, so what do you guys think my score will be? Thanks!

Hey all.....i'm usually just a lurker, but now am posting bc i'm just so, so nervous while I'm waiting for the results!! I'm just trying to predict what my score is going to be:
in order of completion
AAMC3: 33
Gold Standard: 33
TPR(forgot which one): 33
AAMC4: 37
AAMC5: 36
AAMC10: 34
AAMC8: 37

I really hope to get above 35 in the exam, which I found quite hard honestly, so what do you guys think my score will be? Thanks!

Uh, dude, just wait like the rest of us; us telling what we think you would get has really no clout whatsoever in what you might get.

Im just wondering if there is somebody who is checking the AAMC website to see if the scores are up yet. If there is thanks