Official Rejection Thread: 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You know the funny thing is it was not anywhere near the top of our list but it still kind of hurts. I posted in the Touro-NV thread about what happened but I guess it would help to put it here too.

I received the supplemental back in September but they didn't have my MCAT score yet. I thought that was weird because they have rough cut-offs at around a 23 for MCAT and I got a 22. So I e-mailed Corbman if I should still submit it and this is what he replied: "Due to your MCAT score of 22, you will not receive a supplemental application. Thank you." What aggravates me is that I already received it. I guess in this case Corbman can giveth and Corbman can taketh away. I'm just concerned because my husband and I have had trouble getting one of the letters for the PCOMs so we've basically taken those off our list and now Touro-NV so we have 11 schools left. I'm about to get on my hands and knees and beg my DO to get the LOR done. :cool:

Yeah, my MCAT did me in at the TOURO's too. That's super shady of them to offer you a secondary, and then reject you because your MCAT didn't make the cutoff! At least you didn't pay their OUTRAGEOUS secondary fee!! Like I said before, the TOURO's left a bad taste in my mouth and I would never apply to them again, even if I had a 33 MCAT!! :cool:

11 schools is still a lot of schools to hear from! Keep the faith! I hope your DO LOR is finished soon! I'm sure you've done it already, but send her an email and tell her that you are being held up at 11 schools because of this one letter. I would also prepay for overnight postage to send the letter to Interfolio or make sure she electronically uploads the letter. :luck::luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, my MCAT did me in at the TOURO's too. That's super shady of them to offer you a secondary, and then reject you because your MCAT didn't make the cutoff! At least you didn't pay their OUTRAGEOUS secondary fee!! Like I said before, the TOURO's left a bad taste in my mouth and I would never apply to them again, even if I had a 33 MCAT!! :cool:

11 schools is still a lot of schools to hear from! Keep the faith! I hope your DO LOR is finished soon! I'm sure you've done it already, but send her an email and tell her that you are being held up at 11 schools because of this one letter. I would also prepay for overnight postage to send the letter to Interfolio or make sure she electronically uploads the letter. :luck::luck:

I just got an e-mail back from Corbman saying that he's sorry to say but he sent me a rejection letter last Thursday. I'm debating now whether or not I should send back a polite e-mail suggesting that he not send out secondaries until he's sure that people should be receiving them. I agree with you completely and they have left me far from impressed. Even if I have to apply next year I will not apply to Touro.

I think it is about time to contact my DO. My husband already e-mailed her about his letter and although she has read the e-mail she hasn't replied. I think I will send her a letter tonight and try to find out what's going on in a polite way. Thanks for the encouragement!!

I just got an e-mail back from Corbman saying that he's sorry to say but he sent me a rejection letter last Thursday. I'm debating now whether or not I should send back a polite e-mail suggesting that he not send out secondaries until he's sure that people should be receiving them. I agree with you completely and they have left me far from impressed. Even if I have to apply next year I will not apply to Touro.

I think it is about time to contact my DO. My husband already e-mailed her about his letter and although she has read the e-mail she hasn't replied. I think I will send her a letter tonight and try to find out what's going on in a polite way. Thanks for the encouragement!!

Unfortunately, it is all a game to a degree. The schools want a significant number of people to apply so they can look competitive when they only accept a fraction of them (the money doesn't hurt either).

That is why schools will encourage people who stand virtually no chance of getting an interview/acceptance to fill out the secondary and then end up dropping the bad news on them.

It sucks. Sorry guys.

Members don't see this ad :)
Unfortunately, it is all a game to a degree. The schools want a significant number of people to apply so they can look competitive when they only accept a fraction of them (the money doesn't hurt either).

That is why schools will encourage people who stand virtually no chance of getting an interview/acceptance to fill out the secondary and then end up dropping the bad news on them.

It sucks. Sorry guys.

But the thing is, they sent me the secondary and then rejected me all pre-secondary. I never even submitted it. I would have been really really ticked off if I submitted and they rejected me right after.

But the thing is, they sent me the secondary and then rejected me all pre-secondary. I never even submitted it. I would have been really really ticked off if I submitted and they rejected me right after.

That would have sucked. I would have demanded a refund!

Sounds like an oversite. Imagine, the Gods of Medical School Admissions made a mistake! And to think we have been led to believe that they were infallable....

At any rate, at least you saved the 2ndary application $$$.

Sounds like an oversite. Imagine, the Gods of Medical School Admissions made a mistake! And to think we have been led to believe that they were infallable....

At any rate, at least you saved the 2ndary application $$$.

I'm sure it was but honestly I don't think it's good to tell someone, yes please complete our secondary, oh wait, on second thought, nevermind. I do keep telling myself to be glad we're not out $200. That's like half a year's worth of diapers! :D

I'm sure it was but honestly I don't think it's good to tell someone, yes please complete our secondary, oh wait, on second thought, nevermind. I do keep telling myself to be glad we're not out $200. That's like half a year's worth of diapers! :D

Only 1/2 a year's worth!!! Go Cloth -- much cheaper, and greener :D

On a more serious note, I am sorry about Touro-NV. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Only 1/2 a year's worth!!! Go Cloth -- much cheaper, and greener :D

On a more serious note, I am sorry about Touro-NV. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

:laugh: I actually thought that was pretty decent. Thanks for the encouragement!

how bad is being on hold at azcom?

EEL08 keep your chin up, I am really pulling for you. You will get in somewhere, gosh!!! a husband and wife doctor team. Your kids are going to be spoiled rich... :D

Did you call Lecom yet? I called today, I guess they had forgot about my application and still had it on hold. The admissions lady told me she just realized she had my MCAT score with her this whole time :idea:. She said she will send it over for review right this moment. WVSOM told me my application should be reviewed pretty soon, Kcom admission person just kept on saying 4-6 weeks. LOL OK
MSUCOM send me an interview invite, I just have to decide on a date!!! AGhhh I just want to get in somewhere!!!

EEL08 keep your chin up, I am really pulling for you. You will get in somewhere, gosh!!! a husband and wife doctor team. Your kids are going to be spoiled rich... :D

Did you call Lecom yet? I called today, I guess they had forgot about my application and still had it on hold. The admissions lady told me she just realized she had my MCAT score with her this whole time :idea:. She said she will send it over for review right this moment. WVSOM told me my application should be reviewed pretty soon, Kcom admission person just kept on saying 4-6 weeks. LOL OK
MSUCOM send me an interview invite, I just have to decide on a date!!! AGhhh I just want to get in somewhere!!!

I'm really trying. I don't know why I'm letting this process get me down already. I actually didn't call yet. I was busy with the kids then I had class for three hours. Do you think it's okay to call before I'm even complete? What exactly did you say when you called?

That's great that MSU sent you your interview invite! Is it your first choice? I think it would be crazy if they didn't let you in this time! I was thinking if our kids aren't spoiled rich it will be because they're poor from paying for all the therapy. :laugh:

Michigan invite!way to go!

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe we should start an official un-rejection thread. It happened to me at Touro-CA, and now desijigga

how bad is being on hold at azcom?

I got the same letter by snail mail. I think it basically means currently you are not competitive but later on you might be, so we will just hold onto your app. Or its a polite rejection letter... :rolleyes:

EEL08 - I said whats up with my file, I haven't heard a peep from you guys in couple weeks. CALLLL its shows your interest in the school.

WVSOM admissions lady sounded so cool, LOL. I have a soft spot for southern accents. She sounded kinda hot :laugh:

I got the same letter by snail mail. I think it basically means currently you are not competitive but later on you might be, so we will just hold onto your app. Or its a polite rejection letter... :rolleyes:

EEL08 - I said whats up with my file, I haven't heard a peep from you guys in couple weeks.

WVSOM admissions lady sounded so cool, LOL. I have a soft spot for southern accents. She sounded kinda hot :laugh:

i bet u they r waiting to hear back about the pending approval of increasing thier class size, and if they do, a bunch of us on hold will get invites. thats my theory anyways.

$200 for a secondary?

That's ****ing ridiculous.

I think it's ironic how Med Schools make all that noise about not wanting to pack a class full of well to do, upper middle class kids and then charge $200 for a secondary.

Wow, that really sucks. May I ask what your gpa is?

ATSU-KCOM: megboo (app on hold 9/21)

AZCOM: TexasTriathlete (will not petition for un-rejection... AZCOM, you are officially dead to me), sleepmd2b, Chartreuse (app on hold 10/12)

CCOM: TexasTriathlete (will not petition for un-rejection... CCOM, you are officially dead to me), sleepmd2b

DMU: mastamark, megboo (alternate list 9/24 :(), runner898

LECOM-Bradenton: orchid07 (alternate list 10/15)

TOURO-NV: prionsRbad, TexasTriathlete (awaiting un-rejection), EEL08, JWE27 (waitlisted - a.k.a., slow death - 10/12)

TOURO-NY: prionsRbad, mastamark, sexyman, Chartreuse

TOURO-CA: prionsRbad

UNECOM: TexasTriathlete (awaiting un-rejection)

LECOM-PA: PrionsRbad

===DON'T DELETE===
:scared::(:scared::(
TO ADD YOURSELF:
1. CLICK "QUOTE" IN THE MOST RECENT LIST.
2. REMOVE THE "QUOTE TAGS" AT THE BEGINNING AND END OF THE MESSAGE. (THOSE ARE THE (QUOTE=username;123456) and (/QUOTE) EXCEPT WITH BRACKETS IN PLACE OF THE PARENTHESES.
3. ADD YOURSELF.
4. WRITE WHAT YOU DID IN THE TITLE AT THE TOP.
5. IF YOU CAN'T DO IT RIGHT, THEN JUST ASK TO BE ADDED (WITHOUT QUOTING THE WHOLE LIST).

Granted... i wouldnt have gone to the school if they payed me but still IM NOT HAPPY about being put on the alternate list (i will not hold an alternate spot). Honestly, maybe they saw my complete lack of interest during the interview. IN fact, they were pissing me off and im sure my responses were somewhat "defensive" but whatever... ive already been accepted to 3 other schools which i feel have a lot more to offer anyways. Ps. i swear im not bitter!!! hahahah :laugh: moooooving on.........

$200 for a secondary?

That's ****ing ridiculous.

I think it's ironic how Med Schools make all that noise about not wanting to pack a class full of well to do, upper middle class kids and then charge $200 for a secondary.

Sorry I wasn't actually clear. It's $100 dollars for the secondary but my husband and I are both applying. So because I was rejected he will not be applying either. However I know that PNWU is $175 and I thought Touro-NY was $200. That's crazy expensive! Luckily I got the fee waiver from AACOMAS which both KCOM and KCUMB accepted.

Wow, that really sucks. May I ask what your gpa is?

Well my GPAs aren't that horrible but it's my 22 MCAT that got me the delayed rejection. My science GPA is a 3.47 I think and overall is a 3.19, let's just call it a 3.2. :D My graduate GPA is around a 3.4-3.5.

EEL08 - I said whats up with my file, I haven't heard a peep from you guys in couple weeks. CALLLL its shows your interest in the school.

I think maybe as long as I call and mention that my letters aren't in yet they won't think I'm a complete idiot. I think with them it's different because you don't have to be complete to get an interview although I think at DCOM you don't have to either and we haven't heard anything from them yet.

i bet u they r waiting to hear back about the pending approval of increasing thier class size, and if they do, a bunch of us on hold will get invites. thats my theory anyways.

I think that's definitely it! Hopefully though they will realize the error of their ways even before they get the approval. :luck:

AZCOM: TexasTriathlete (will not petition for un-rejection... AZCOM, you are officially dead to me), sleepmd2b, Chartreuse (app on hold 10/12)

CCOM: TexasTriathlete (will not petition for un-rejection... CCOM, you are officially dead to me), sleepmd2b

LECOM-Erie: PrionsRbad

TOURO-NV: prionsRbad, TexasTriathlete (awaiting un-rejection), EEL08, JWE27 (waitlisted - a.k.a., slow death - 10/12)

===DON'T DELETE===
TO ADD YOURSELF:
2. REMOVE THE "QUOTE TAGS" AT THE BEGINNING AND END OF THE MESSAGE. (THOSE ARE THE (QUOTE=username;123456) and (/QUOTE) EXCEPT WITH BRACKETS IN PLACE OF THE PARENTHESES.
3. ADD YOURSELF.
5. IF YOU CAN'T DO IT RIGHT, THEN JUST ASK TO BE ADDED (WITHOUT QUOTING THE WHOLE LIST).

I think maybe as long as I call and mention that my letters aren't in yet they won't think I'm a complete idiot. I think with them it's different because you don't have to be complete to get an interview although I think at DCOM you don't have to either and we haven't heard anything from them yet.

She told me my app. was on hold due to no MCAT score. (which they did get last week, but forgot to put it with my file) Although, I think they just got my last LOR today. It won't hurt to call and ask, just don't mention your LORs. They will remind you if any of your LORs are missing. Just ask them whats the status with my file.

Ok people that have been placed on waiting (alternate) list, why are you guys counting yourself out? Its so early, so I am guessing all of you are pretty high on the List. I heard some schools accept close to 50% of the people off the wait-list. :thumbup:

She told me my app. was on hold due to no MCAT score. (which they did get last week, but forgot to put it with my file) Although, I think they just got my last LOR today. It won't hurt to call and ask, just don't mention your LORs. They will remind you if any of your LORs are missing. Just ask them whats the status with my file.

Ok people that have been placed on waiting (alternate) list, why are you guys counting yourself out? Its so early, so I am guessing all of you are pretty high on the List. I heard some schools accept close to 50% of the people off the wait-list. :thumbup:

i got waitlisted/alternate at NOVA-Southeastern but im not considering myself out so far. Ive got 3 more interviews, and still waiting on more.

If I add myself I'm sure I'll mess it up. Anyway, just like megboo, I'm on hold at ATSU (Mesa) so I'm guessing I will end up being rejected :(

I just didn't want to try and add myself because I'm not that great with computers and I'm sure I would screw it up.

Got rejected by UNECOM. I am 1-2 so far. One acceptance- two rejections.

KCUMB: runner898

===DON'T DELETE===
TO ADD YOURSELF:
3. ADD YOURSELF.

ATSU-KCOM: megboo (app on hold 9/21), Collide (hold-Mesa)

UNECOM: TexasTriathlete (awaiting un-rejection), sexyman

===DON'T DELETE===
TO ADD YOURSELF:
3. ADD YOURSELF.
5. IF YOU CAN'T DO IT RIGHT, THEN JUST ASK TO BE ADDED (WITHOUT QUOTING THE WHOLE LIST).[/QUOTE]

ATSU-KCOM: megboo (app on hold 9/21), Collide (hold-Mesa)

UNECOM: TexasTriathlete (awaiting un-rejection), sexyman, mastamark

===DON'T DELETE===
TO ADD YOURSELF:
3. ADD YOURSELF.

ATSU-KCOM: megboo (app on hold 9/21), prionsRbad

ATSU-MESA: Collide

AZCOM: TexasTriathlete (will not petition for un-rejection... AZCOM, you are officially dead to me), sleepmd2b, Chartreuse (app on hold 10/12), prionsRbad (on hold)

KCUMB: runner898, prionsRbad (on hold)

VCOM: prionsRbad (on hold)

===DON'T DELETE===
TO ADD YOURSELF:
3. ADD YOURSELF.

Sorry prions! Sorry to everyone else too who have been put on hold or rejected. :( I keep reminding myself that being on hold isn't the same thing as rejected so that if/when it happens to me I can still hold onto hope. What exactly do they tell you when you're put on hold?

Sorry prions! Sorry to everyone else too who have been put on hold or rejected. :( I keep reminding myself that being on hold isn't the same thing as rejected so that if/when it happens to me I can still hold onto hope. What exactly do they tell you when you're put on hold?

It's OK. Every hold or rejection from now on isn't that bad because I'm soooo excited for my DMU interview! :D

The hold letters all go something like this "We have put your application on hold pending possible future interview invitation. Your application was deemed to possess enough merit to be held for future review and this should be viewed as a positive result. Your application will continue to be presented to the admissions committee and may at some point receive an interview invitation . . . blah blah"

IMO, it's better than a flat out rejection . . . at least it hurts less ;)

It's OK. Every hold or rejection from now on isn't that bad because I'm soooo excited for my DMU interview! :D

The hold letters all go something like this "We have put your application on hold pending possible future interview invitation. Your application was deemed to possess enough merit to be held for future review and this should be viewed as a positive result. Your application will continue to be presented to the admissions committee and may at some point receive an interview invitation . . . blah blah"

IMO, it's better than a flat out rejection . . . at least it hurts less ;)

Yeah that must be so exciting to have that interview to look forward to. When is it again? I'm really nervous about interviewing so I keep thinking that to actually be accepted I have to go through the interview process. It's hard to imagine it actually happening but of course I thought my MCAT score would never be released. Thanks for sharing your hold info. I was wondering how they presented it and it does seem much more positive than a rejection letter.

Yeah that must be so exciting to have that interview to look forward to. When is it again? I'm really nervous about interviewing so I keep thinking that to actually be accepted I have to go through the interview process. It's hard to imagine it actually happening but of course I thought my MCAT score would never be released. Thanks for sharing your hold info. I was wondering how they presented it and it does seem much more positive than a rejection letter.

Yeah, this interview is really keeping my spirits up. :) It's on November 16th, so I should know by Christmas if I get in. I'm sure you will get interviews . . . if I got one there is definitely hope for you. ;)

prions...wanna trade? ill give u my temple interview for your DMU. deal????

prions...wanna trade? ill give u my temple interview for your DMU. deal????

:D Dude, you have an interview at Temple?!?!? That's awesome! What's wrong with Temple? Did you just have your heart set on DMU? When is your interview? :luck:

:D Dude, you have an interview at Temple?!?!? That's awesome! What's wrong with Temple? Did you just have your heart set on DMU? When is your interview? :luck:

yeah, dmu was my number 2 choice. my number 1 choice is usc, and temple is my.......i dunno choice. not to hot on the school and its location.

ATSU-KCOM:
prionsRbad

AZCOM: TexasTriathlete (will not petition for un-rejection... AZCOM, you are officially dead to me), sleepmd2b, Chartreuse (app on hold 10/12), prionsRbad (on hold)

VCOM: prionsRbad (on hold)

===DON'T DELETE===
TO ADD YOURSELF:
3. ADD YOURSELF.

Congrats megboo! See I knew being put on hold wasn't as bad as a rejection.

Someone told me if you stare at your AZCOM hold letter long enough it turns into an acceptance letter. For some reason its not working for me, maybe I need to stare harder and use more psychic energy.... :hardy:

:luck::clap::hardy: Yey megBoo!!!!! I'm so excited for you! It gives the rest of us who have holds some hope ;)

congrats megboo. thats awesome!

ATSU-KCOM: prionsRbad

COMP: corrupt200

DMU: mastamark, megboo (alternate list 9/24 ), runner898, corrupt200

VCOM: prionsRbad (on hold), corrupt200

ATSU-KCOM: prionsRbad, t-funk

COMP: corrupt200

DMU: mastamark, megboo (alternate list 9/24 ), runner898, corrupt200

VCOM: prionsRbad (on hold), corrupt200

t-funk I can't believe they rejected you post-interview! That's crazy!

Well, I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a great interviewee. I am a far cry from a smooth talker and I get really nervous but my interview was just odd. I wrote about it on my profile. I also wrote a little about Bradenton and I did really like the PBL session a lot so I wish you luck on getting an interview there and with all your applications.

How was the interview odd? I've got one with them in a few weeks

Well, I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a great interviewee. I am a far cry from a smooth talker and I get really nervous but my interview was just odd. I wrote about it on my profile. I also wrote a little about Bradenton and I did really like the PBL session a lot so I wish you luck on getting an interview there and with all your applications.

Wow! I just read your KCOM story and that does sound horrible. I can tear up fairly easily so if I were in that position I'm not sure I would have been able to hold it together like you did. I'm working on not being too sensitive. It is kind of scary too because I'm a non-traditional student with two kids. I'm guessing I won't be a great interviewee either. I think the interviewers should recognize that it's a very stressful situation and try to do their best to get a feel of who you are. I think what that person did to you at KCOM was wrong. It's great that you have been accepted already and know you will be a doctor!! Oh and thanks for the luck!! :D