Temple?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bcntequiero

Perquè t'estimo...
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone rejected yet by Temple? Anyone recently get an interview invite there? Any news from Temple in general??

Members don't see this ad.

I recently received an interview there on Jan. 8th. I was complete in August.

Members don't see this ad :)
deleted

Last edited:
Same here...that's why I was asking!! :) Oh well!

I've been "under review" at Temple since the dawn of time

under review!!! still :mad:
want to call them and ask them whether they're even working....

Same as everyone: under review.

My status popped up as "Correspondence Mailed" today (PS i haven't interviewed there, this is post-secondary). This can't be good. I now expect to receive a rejection before the end of the week. yay.

Me too. Oh well, one less status page to check...

i checked my status and it says correspondence mailed. i havent been offered an interview... could this be an offer? or would an offer be emailed? is this prob a rejection?

Members don't see this ad :)
i checked my status and it says correspondence mailed. i havent been offered an interview... could this be an offer? or would an offer be emailed? is this prob a rejection?

sorry, but i think it is a rejection. interviews are offered by e-mail and should be accompanied by a change in status that lets you select an interview date.

I was complete at the end of September, and I received an interview invitation a few days before Christmas (via email).

(Now if only the rest of the Philly schools would get back to me...)

I was complete in the middle of Sept and received an interview invite right before Christmas as well. I leave for my interview tomorrow (it's Thursday), so wish me luck!

They still are working at least a little over there!

I was complete 9/20ish and still am under review. If it's worth anything I was complete late August there last and received an interview invite in mid February (then got waitlisted lol).

I was complete in the middle of Sept and received an interview invite right before Christmas as well. I leave for my interview tomorrow (it's Thursday), so wish me luck!

They still are working at least a little over there!

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

deleted

Last edited:
sorry Eagle but you did get into BU have you heard from GT yet sorry i have been off the sdn with school

Any one know when they interview until and when the last time they give out interview offers is?

deleted

Last edited:
sorry eagle 13 yes there is another eagle my mistake and he lives in boston

So i've been complete since august and my status has just said "under review" the whole time. about half an hour ago i got an email requesting my fall grades, as i had indicated on my application that i was taking fall classes. So i guess they are re-reviewing people now who were complete early but they weren't sure about.

Well, I can stop playing my violin. I just checked my status and saw that my rejection has been mailed. :(

Just so everyone knows, if you receive an email asking for your fall grades, it's probably a good thing. Within ten minutes of responding, i got an email back saying that i'd be recieving an invitation to interview later today.

congrats !!!!! good luck:love: I have been acp there I may see you there in the fall.... when do you interview? I have an interview Feb 20th at Jeff.

I also received an invite just before xmas and interviewed the 1st week of January.

For those of you still waiting to hear: at my interview the associate dean said that the class is pretty full and most people interviewing now will be waitlisted. It was really expensive to fly out there so I thought it was rude to invite so many people to interview for waitlist positions. If I was informed, I would have saved my $$$ :thumbdown:

Just got offered an interview today. Been complete since the first week of november

I am at my hotel right now, for my interview in the morning. I'll post up here how it went if people are interested...I have some questions that I hope they can answer for me!

Wow, so I had my Temple interview today, plus I received two interview invites today! So my post may be overly optimistic, but bear with me...

They ARE only interviewing for the waitlist at this point. I was pretty upset when she told us that, as I really liked the school and the atmosphere, but she did say after some prodding that if they REALLY liked you, they would still actually offer you an acceptance. However, the majority of people that they deemed 'acceptable' will be waitlisted from here on out. They say they get a good deal of waitlist movement, so if you think you would like it and have the money to spend I would suggest making the trip. If anyone has any specific questions, please feel free to post them up or PM me!

I just got my rejection letter in the mail, a day after getting the "Correspondence Mailed" message...

Ditto on the Correspondence Mailed. Stupid school didn't want to go there anyways. :mad: jk...

I have an upcoming interview at Temple. It seems from that previous post that all the interviewees will eventually become waitlisted...but i guess it could be worth to make the trip to Philly anyway to see how far up I can get on the waitlist(if i even get on it in the first place)

well, i'm currently holding onto an acceptance, but I believe that I will ultimately matriculate elsewhere. i loved temple, but it wasn't my top choice.

anyways, i feel like temple is a school that has lots of waitlist movement (no real proof here). there aren't many people that have flat out decided on it on SDN anyways.

hopefully, my spot will go to one of you guys.

Haha so i just checked my status and i got offered an interview invite (complete 9/20). A little fyi, the remaining interview slots are:

1/30 9am 1 slot
2/5-2/7 34 slots
2/12-2/14 32 slots

and thats all...im prolly not going to go (although i do enjoy a free lunch) but :luck:

I have 3 more interviews in Feb. I got in to temple... (and a few others)great school as it stands I will be at Temple. if any of the schools acpts. me I will really have to look hard. I am not sure where I am going. it may come to Fin aid. good chance my spot will open too

i also got into temple, but looks like i'll be turning that down. gonna withdraw once the financial aid packages come in just in case. so yea hopefully there's a lot of waitlist movement for those put on it.

anyone know when they are going to send out emails of acceptances?

No rejection or interview for me yet. Complete in early August and still under review...

I tried to call them and the lady there was very nice but she told me she really can't tell me anything cause she can see the same status as me...
complete in october... still under review! :sleep:

1/30 9am 1 slot
2/5-2/7 34 slots
2/12-2/14 32 slots

they have been full since Christmas, all interviews are for wait list only. I believe there will be a lot of movement in the wait list as they have to compete with all the other schools in Philly.

This statement sure wasn't true last year

I would be shocked if it was. It seems a little early for Temple to be interviewing only for waitlist. I'm pretty sure that they interviewed until April last year. It would be crazy for them to conduct 3 months of interviews just to fill their waitlist.

I believe Temple usually issues about 400-500 acceptances for the 180 seats. So I guess they have to have a lot of people turn down the offer before they start getting to the waitlist. They had around 13k applications this year, so be patient if you haven't heard anything. If you have anything new to report, maybe send them an update letter to get some attention.

Wow, so I had my Temple interview today, plus I received two interview invites today! So my post may be overly optimistic, but bear with me...

They ARE only interviewing for the waitlist at this point. I was pretty upset when she told us that, as I really liked the school and the atmosphere, but she did say after some prodding that if they REALLY liked you, they would still actually offer you an acceptance. However, the majority of people that they deemed 'acceptable' will be waitlisted from here on out. They say they get a good deal of waitlist movement, so if you think you would like it and have the money to spend I would suggest making the trip. If anyone has any specific questions, please feel free to post them up or PM me!

I believe I am right sorry I agree with this