Temple?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I had a status chang on my page first and I received an Email; then a few weeks later I received a letter of acceptance via snail mail for inquiring minds

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I don't think that us later interviewees should get discouraged if we see the correspondence mailed change in status...after all, we were blatantly informed to expect a waitlist as a best-case scenario after interviewing. If us more recent interviewees get a waitlist, then we just have to wait until the big shifts occur (one in March due to financial aid, and one in May due to only holding one chair) to wait for our acceptance email! :luck:

Did anyone have a correspondence mailed status that was actually an acceptance? Or does correspondence mailed definitely = rejection?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone have a correspondence mailed status that was actually an acceptance? Or does correspondence mailed definitely = rejection?

Correspondence mailed is either a waitlist or rejection. They email acceptances.

Got an acceptance by e-mail today. I interviewed mid-December. Good luck to everyone!

you have to donate to delete posts .. and so I couldn't delete the one you are quoting

Oh, I guess I was wondering what it was you wanted to delete. It doesn't really matter, I am just really bored and trying to kill time so my evening can begin...and I got confused.

Have any Temple people definitely decided on going there next year? If you have PM me, I'd like to meet you b/c I'll be seein ya next year!

I interviewed 1/31 and I just got a letter saying I made the waitlist. Since they told me at the interview that they were only interviewing for the waitlist, I am excited! Its my first pseudo-acceptance. Booya!

Members don't see this ad :)
for those on the wait list I an withdrawing my acceptance. good luck

Thanks, Dr Midnight...now if about 100 more of you could withdraw from Temple, that would make my life much better!!! :p

anyone know if Temple is still interviewing??? I still have heard NO word from them... been complete since mid-August :(

anyone know if Temple is still interviewing??? I still have heard NO word from them... been complete since mid-August :(

I got an email yesterday, with the last available date for me to schedule 3/27, good luck.

Anyone know about Pennsylvania residence requirements? Can you become a resident while in school to get at the cheaper tuition rate?

I got an email yesterday, with the last available date for me to schedule 3/27, good luck.

Anyone know about Pennsylvania residence requirements? Can you become a resident while in school to get at the cheaper tuition rate?

temple is really strict. they told us in the interview that even if you went to temple undergrad and bought a house, it would still be almost impossible to get in state tuition

It's almost impossible to become a resident once you are accepted. They told me that you have to do ALL of these things, and probably more: own land and pay taxes on it, have a spouse working and paying taxes, change all of your documentation (driver's license, tags on vehicle), and also work and pay taxes yourself.

I also just wanted to point out something else I'd heard about Temple...don't they keep separate IS and OOS waitlists? As in, if an IS withdraws their acceptance, they take someone off the IS list and vice versa?? If so, come on OOS that are just sitting on your acceptance!!! This old girl's not getting any younger!!! :p

I got my rejection from Temple yesterday. I'm really thankful to have some closure though,hadn't heard anything from them since October.

2/12 interview and no word yet, though I've been calling them.

Wow, I'm sorry it's taking so long to hear back...they must have gotten backlogged somehow. I know it's stressful! If you hear anything, let us know how it turns out for ya!

I interviewed around the same time. Does anyone remember how long they said it usually takes? I thought it was 3 weeks, clearly not.

i sent in my secondary the first day it came out and i have not heard from them since....clearly the administration of this school needs some improvement

i sent in my secondary the first day it came out and i have not heard from them since....clearly the administration of this school needs some improvement

Thats odd...they had great correspondence with me and most other students I've talked to.

Does anyone have ideas on how much a later interview hurts? I wonder if a lot of people decline acceptances between now and mid-April, or if your interview date has anything to do with your spot on the waitlist. I'm trying to decide whether to schedule one later, when i'll have some shadowing experience to talk about, or as soon as possible.

Jamorama, I'm in the exact same boat as you...... so I know your frustration~

If I were in your shoes I'd schedule the interview ASAP regardless of the shadowing experience. You just may knock their socks off and move yourself up that much higher on the waitlist. The earlier you do that, the better, plus if you've gotten an interview invite I'm sure you have plenty of things to talk about.

I posted the same question on the Robert Wood Johnson Class of 2012 forum and I figured I would ask it here in hopes of getting some varied opinions.
I'm pretty torn between RWJ and Temple right now, and I'm trying to weigh the pro's and con's.

As a point of information: I'm a NJ resident and currently studying at Rutgers.

Thanks so much guys, any information would be very helpful! :thumbup:

(I'll be at the Temple second look on the 11th...hope to see you there!)

anyone heard anything about temple's financial aid? on interview day it sounded pretty bleak. i think i heard that they do give out some scholarships but not that many (like 3-5 i think). and these aren't even guaranteed for the whole time youre there. does anyone know when fin. aid info will be given out? thanks.

At my interview they said roughly 1/3 of the students will receive scholarships. Hopefully I will be one of those lucky students if I get accepted off the waitlist.

I agree, the financial aid presentation was sad and depressing. They should just hand out the packet and not let that sad guy talk. :oops:

whoa whoa whoa, a third of the students get scholarships? um. do you mean like grants coming from need based aid? im talking strictly merit based. i read on a thread from a couple years ago that they give out several $20,000 scholarships for students they really want to come to Temple. does anyone have any more info on these? thanks.

all i know is that i got a list of all the scholarships from Temple that go to their incoming med students - the guy said that the amount of scholarships equates to 1/3 of the students. these are just Temple scholarships and dont include scholarships from outside sources. he too mentioned that there are some really high ones (like 20K) and a lot of them last all four years.

If I were in your shoes I'd schedule the interview ASAP regardless of the shadowing experience. You just may knock their socks off and move yourself up that much higher on the waitlist. The earlier you do that, the better, plus if you've gotten an interview invite I'm sure you have plenty of things to talk about.

Thanks for the advice. Congrats on your acceptance.

At my interview they said roughly 1/3 of the students will receive scholarships. Hopefully I will be one of those lucky students if I get accepted off the waitlist.

I agree, the financial aid presentation was sad and depressing. They should just hand out the packet and not let that sad guy talk. :oops:

my friend who's a fourth year mentioned that there wasn't a lot of money out there for people. he said he had a scholarship, but it didn't get renewed for lack of funds.

it seems like we have conflicting reports.

is temple still offering interviews?

Thanks for the advice. Congrats on your acceptance.

Thanks a lot and good luck.

Has anyone thats been accepted to Temple been offered any money (i.e. scholarships/grants)?

Has anyone who interviewed around the end of February gotten any news? They said 3 weeks, so I am just curious.

I interviewed 2/12 and I just got the correspondence mailed status. I called, but they won't tell me the news.

i got an interview invite a few days ago, but im withdrawing my application. good luck!

Did anyone get an email about a reception? What is that all about?

I interviewed back in December and then got waitlisted in Jan. But I just got an email inviting me to upcoming receptions at their clinical campuses. Anybody know anything about that? Did that go out to everybody or should I start thinking maybe I got in? My status page still says "Correspondence Mailed", which is oh so helpful...

I interviewed back in December and then got waitlisted in Jan. But I just got an email inviting me to upcoming receptions at their clinical campuses. Anybody know anything about that? Did that go out to everybody or should I start thinking maybe I got in? My status page still says "Correspondence Mailed", which is oh so helpful...

I got the same thing and I was waitlisted in October.

i was waitlisted in jan. Have u guys been sending emails and keeping in contact with them? what do i need to do tho get off the waitlist??

i was waitlisted in jan. Have u guys been sending emails and keeping in contact with them? what do i need to do tho get off the waitlist??

Those of us waitlisted after the new year have one little thing going for us...we may have been admitted outright if we'd have interviewed earlier. Send updates, letters, whatever as you see fit. I was told that they give you so many points and rank the waitlist, even though they don't tell us where we are at on it. Sending these types of interest probably don't change our points, but may give you a better shot than someone with the same score who has been silent.

It's pretty much a waiting game until May 16 to see if we were really supposed to have been admitted or not...lord, I hope I was supposed to have been admitted!

Hi,
I am going to Temple tomorrow for an interview. Any suggestion?
Like any tough questions or surprises?
Thanks

I interviewed Jan 31st and was waitlisted two weeks later. A couple of weeks ago I sent an update letter simply because its been awhile since I submitted my secondary (September) and I have had a lot of good experience - TAing for Anatomy and Physiology, doing a poster presentation, traveling to a children's home in Mexico. I am not sure if it changes my ranking, but at least if they review my file it will have more to it and something new to look at.

Good luck everything on the waitlist...:hardy:

Anyone hear back about financial aid yet?