AECOM Class of 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hey guys! I didn't see a thread for AECOM yet, so I took action... Anyone know they're attending AECOM next year? Is there a 2nd look weekend?

Members don't see this ad.

got accepted this past 15th. im not sure about the second look weekend.

i don't think there is a second visit....but you can search for some old threads to hear about people who have revisited. its really not that bad of a location and the students are great. leaning towards einstein at this point....

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone else get that dvd in the mail? definitely interesting stuff

what video? did it come with the acceptance package or was it a separate mailing?

woohoo einstein! my only concern is that it looks kind of boring in the immediate area around the campus. :)

oooh video i look forward to that

it was a separate mailing that came in a box. which is why i was so confused as to what it was initially lol. anyone else get this? anyone?

a box??? did it come with anything else?? also, what was the dvd on?

i just got that technical standards thing in the mail today, but no box. i want the dvd!!

I received the DVD yesterday but still haven't gotten an acceptance mailing from AECOM. Has everyone else already received this? I'm thinking I'll call Monday and see if they mailed it to me yet.

i live just over the triboro bridge so i must have gotten it earlier than some of ya'll. it just says congrats on your acceptance and here's a dvd about how awesome we are. and that's exactly what it's about. LOL and the ending is really funny with a cameo from warren buffet

ooooooh it must just be the same video they uploaded onto their md admissions website then.....i wish they had less emphasis on research and talked more about their md program...

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys,
i still haven't received any dvd....i did get a handwritten note from my interviewer though....confused..

I've gotten all the stuff you guys have mentioned. Haven't peeked at the video yet though. Very excited about the possibility of going to AECOM though! I'm from 15 mins north of AECOM in Westchester County...that part of the Bronx is so nice...very different from what people perceive the Bronx to be. Where are some of you guys deciding between (if you know)?

i finally got the dvd today down here in louisiana. i'm getting more and more excited about aecom... if i don't hear back from emory (or harvard... ha), then i think i'll be in the bronx next year!

anybody going to einstein for sure yet?

This thread needs a bump...and has anyone else received letters from their interviewers post-acceptance. I think its awesome that they do that. I also got an alumni letter today too...anyone else get these?

yeah i got a little note from my interviewer. what was the alumni letter???

i got the alumni letter, but no note from my interviewer :(

she was awesome, though.

i didnt get a letter from my interviewer dammit!! though regardless of getting in, i still dont think he liked me much lol

i thought that einstein kinda took the attitude of "we dont need to sell this place to you" on interview day, which made them seem a bit arrogant. (dont get me wrong i still loved the place and agreed that it was awesome) but after acceptance i feel like they really try hard to pull you in and make you feel like you're a part of a close-knit community before you even get on campus.

anyone else have thoughts on this?

totally agree...i've received all the stuff mentioned now. They really do make einstein seem like the warmest place on earth and put in a lot of effort post-acceptance to get people to do. I still think they can put more effort into the interview day....but keep in mind einstein interviews more applicants than usual so it may be more practical for them to keep things the way they are...the students there definitely were the happiest i have seen in all my schools...

Couldn't agree more...all this info will definitely be helpful come decision-making time. Einstein's housing was very nice too...I can definitely see myself there for 4 years.

bump...you guys get that email today? abc. dr. todd olson!

Yeah just got the email...might actually check that out! Its good to know we'd have some semi-famous faculty :D

did you guys watch it? i'm quite against the whole show now...executed prisoners from china?? good god...

haven't checked it out yet...but do any of you know when we get more info on housing and all that?

no idea....does anybody know when financial aid stuff is due?

no idea...i havent gotten anything for it yet...any people at AECOM viewing this conference yet?

all i got on financial aid is this: financial aid website

Incoming Students
You can apply for financial assistance anytime during the course of the year you are attending. However, if you would like to have an indication of the amount of aid you are eligible for prior to submitting commitment fees the above process should be completed by JUNE 1ST

it doesn't look too promising for any funding that you don't need to pay back if this is the only app you need... i'm concerned. anyone else with more info?

Yeah just got the email...might actually check that out! Its good to know we'd have some semi-famous faculty :D

hey we have the most famous name of all! everyone knows who he is!

ha! anybody thinking of doing a second visit on their own? didn't get to see any of the hospitals etc..

ha! anybody thinking of doing a second visit on their own? didn't get to see any of the hospitals etc..
I actually might...seeing as how I'm from NY. I wonder what would happen if I showed up in Belfer and said I wanted to take a look around...My interview was in Weiler...and it looked pretty nice. This is all getting me more excited lol.

yeah i'm thinking of making a trip down there from CT as well. I think i'll wait until april after i hear from all the schools and if i go i'm sure admissions will be more than happy to tell us how to check the hospitals or see whatever else there is to see

Seems like some angry students lashing out...weird. I havent heard of anything like this from people I know who have gone to Einstein.

me neither. the one that was most concerning to me was the russian girl who claimed dr olson demanded certain "services" in anatomy class. seems like it was her word against theirs and she lost. not saying it actually happened, but just the idea of it is terrifying.

me neither. the one that was most concerning to me was the russian girl who claimed dr olson demanded certain "services" in anatomy class. seems like it was her word against theirs and she lost. not saying it actually happened, but just the idea of it is terrifying.

totally agree with that. when i read her story, i was really horrified. it would be awful if that did happen and no one believed her. i think you need to take these things with a grain of salt. things like this happen in rare instances almost everywhere and it's a sad thing. i am just of the school of thought where i hear these things, take it all in, and continue in my own endeavors with more care basically.

so where are most of you guys waiting to hear from the most?

Funny you'd mention Emory...I go there for undergrad. I'm not staying for med school though. I'm waiting on Columbia, Cornell, NYU and UPenn. I wouldn't go to NYU over Einstein...but the other three are very enticing/huge reaches that I probably won't get into lol.

If any of you want to come for a second look, you certainly could just show up, but I would personally suggest e-mailing or calling the admissions office a day or two ahead. That way they can set you up with a temporary ID, maybe a student guide, maybe a free meal. As you've noticed they tend to be pretty gung-ho about recruiting students who they have already admitted. If you guys have further questions, I'll do my best to check here pretty regularly and answer them. I'm a first year, and about to finish anatomy, so I'll have a little more time on my hands.

Just for the record, I am totally happy with the students, the location, and the school. But if you can, it might not be a bad idea to come try to get a little bit of feel for things. For some people (including me) this is ideal, but that's a really personal decision, a large part of which can only be determined by gut reaction.

Congratulations on your acceptances!

If any of you want to come for a second look, you certainly could just show up, but I would personally suggest e-mailing or calling the admissions office a day or two ahead. That way they can set you up with a temporary ID, maybe a student guide, maybe a free meal. As you've noticed they tend to be pretty gung-ho about recruiting students who they have already admitted. If you guys have further questions, I'll do my best to check here pretty regularly and answer them. I'm a first year, and about to finish anatomy, so I'll have a little more time on my hands.

Just for the record, I am totally happy with the students, the location, and the school. But if you can, it might not be a bad idea to come try to get a little bit of feel for things. For some people (including me) this is ideal, but that's a really personal decision, a large part of which can only be determined by gut reaction.

Congratulations on your acceptances!

Awesome. Thanks for the heads up about that. Do you think we'd be able to sit in on lecture or anything? Also...how hard is it to get a parking spot in the garage?

I'm sure that sitting in on a lecture would be no problem, as long as you arrive early enough. The parking thing gets a little complicated, since there are different lots, but you can almost always get a spot somewhere. Parking is all handled on a first come first served basis, so if you do come visit again, I would recommend putting your name down on the waiting list. Just go to the little guard house at the front of the garage.

bump...where are the newer admits?