Freshman GPAs???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rochagurl89

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone willing to share what your freshman gpa's were for each semester?

my first semester: 3.61...

Members don't see this ad.

2.1 or something..I think that is the optimistic.

4.0 first (41 hours - thank you AP and CLEP)

3.8 second (screw you calc 3)

Been pretty much downhill since then :D

Members don't see this ad :)
3.5 first semester, then

Seems to be the norm around here.

The first semester of your freshmen year means nothing...
I got a 4.0

4.0 first (41 hours - thank you AP and CLEP)

3.8 second (screw you calc 3)

Been pretty much downhill since then :D

Your APs were counted in your GPA? Sniff, sniff...

:cry::cry:

The first semester of your freshmen year means nothing...
I got a 4.0

very true

I got a 4.0 first semester and I thought I was sooo cool... then those upper level classes started kicking my a** ....... its SO easy for your gpa to go down.. and SO hard to bring it back up

I got a 4.0 my first semester

I got a 2.8 my second semester- I was in a car wreck and spent Feb-May in physical therapy so it really hurt me!

Got a 3.94 for first year, thank you physics I :thumbdown:

My first semester freshman gpa was around a 2.0, if that

I was on quarter so: 3.73, 4.00, 2.73 (damm philosophy:mad: and instructor ___) NEVER take the same instructor twice in the same grading period it always ends badly

4.0 then 3.8ish then 3.6ish, and then 4.0s throughout.

Members don't see this ad :)
3.1, then 2.71 :s...

but it only went up from there which is why i think i got accepted.

first semester... 3.49

We'll see about second semester:D:confused:

Pass. Yay for pass/fail...though it may bite me in the *** later as we were required to take half the premed prereqs frosh year as well.

So I'm on a roller coaster trend. However, my work this past semester and this semester is 1000x better than anything I did the prior two years. I've really turned my study habits, time management, and work ethic around.

Your APs were counted in your GPA? Sniff, sniff...

:cry::cry:

Yep. The University of Texas allowed you to choose to claim either the grade or the credit. From what I was told, they were to only school in the country that did this. So, since it was so unusual, they ended that program the year AFTER my fish year. Talk about lucky. :D

3.00 exactly. I played a lot...

freshman year gpa: 0.00
we had something similar to pass/fail.
i know my actual gpa for my first semester but it doesn't count because my grades will never be uncovered and they will never count towards my cumulative gpa. i slacked off first semester... and still did pretty well! but no 4.0, mind you. :laugh:

A whopping 2.2 yea!!...don't even ask what my science GPA was that first semester LOL

3.81, would have been a 4.0 if not for the +/- system

My freshman GPA (1st quarter) was a 3.429.

and then things quickly went south.

Remember that time we threw Screech a surprise birthday party in your office...during school hours? You were so mad at Zack.

If the party hadn't been for Screech I would have backhanded him on the spot.

First year GPA

1st sem 3.82 (freaking A-'s...)
2nd sem 4.00

overall 3.92

For my scholarships, I had to maintain a 3.0. Easy, I thought. I ended up with a 2.9 my first semester. HUGE ego buster.

frosh here:

I got a 4.0 last semester, but all my classes are easy and this college isnt exactly MIT.

if i read one more post about someone whining b/c of their 3.8 GPA and the minus system, i will throw up on my screen.

any thread that allows pre meds to brag about GPAs or, ECs, or published papers, or whatever is going to be a hit every time.

3.86 stupid political science class :thumbdown:

hopefully i can show an upward trend :D

weird because I didn't do anything but sit in my room and study my *** off. I had the notion that i NEEDED a 4.0 to get into a good med school. Wasn't a good time.

During junior year i began to relax and workout and even do a bit of research. oddly enough even though i was studying less and taking harder classes, i maintained the same GPA???