UCLA letters sent out--Check Status Page

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

raininspain

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I guess it'll come by Monday...*praying* Good luck folks!

Members don't see this ad.

My status page hasn't changed... when did you interview? Did you get an e-mail about DGSOM at UCLA background check, yet?

Good luck! :luck: :luck: :luck:

it would probably be helpful if you posted when you interviewed as well as when you got the status change.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed: January 3rd.
Status Change: February 15th-6:00pm

I have status change "letter sent" too, interviewed late Nov

I have status change "letter sent" too, interviewed late Nov

Do they reject people off the bat after interviews, or is the worst thing that could happen a wait list?

Boo.. no change. :(

letter sent 2/15
int. 11/15

g'luck all :)

(any chance we'll get it tomorrow? haha...guess i'm pushing it)

it would probably be helpful if you posted when you interviewed as well as when you got the status change.

it would also be helpful to state when you were invited because the invitation date is indictive of how much ucla wanted you whereas the interview date was scheduled at the applicant's convenience. just my opinion, you can take it or leave it.

good luck everyone!

Monday is a holiday..so i guess we'll find out on Tuesday.

I REALLY need some good news at this point...I've had a string of bad news this past month: a rejection, an "under consideration," and an alternate spot. I hope I don't have to go to the midwest, so praying that 4th time's a charm=/

BTW, UCLA's interview invite was Dec 20th for anyone wondering...

no status page change for me - interviewed mid jan . someone intereviewed the same day as me did get a status page change ( perhaps due to being in a different commitee?) either way, from looking at last year's posts this has ruined my plans for this weekend. ugh... how craptastic. - but so you guys know all of the first batch will most likely be acceptances.

Members don't see this ad :)
no status page change for me - interviewed mid jan . someone intereviewed the same day as me did get a status page change ( perhaps due to being in a different commitee?) either way, from looking at last year's posts this has ruined my plans for this weekend. ugh... how craptastic. - but so you guys know all of the first batch will most likely be acceptances.

No change for me either. LOVE the craptastic comment lol

Let the rollercoaster of the application process continue! :luck: to all and :thumbup: to those who are getting (likely good) news in the mail!

Nothing yet for me. Got the interview invitation late Sept but they lost the letter I sent back to schedule it. By the time I realized they didn't have it and made another appointment I couldn't get in until Dec 13th. Hopefully they'll send out the next batch pretty quick. Good luck everyone!! :luck:

From previous year's threads, it seems that acceptances and waitlists were sent out the same day..and it took 5-6 working days instead of the normal 2-3 working days. and the waiting continues....

any suggestions on how to kill time?=/

What does the change in status say exactly? What words are used?

From previous year's threads, it seems that acceptances and waitlists were sent out the same day..and it took 5-6 working days instead of the normal 2-3 working days. and the waiting continues....

any suggestions on how to kill time?=/

What thread are you looking at? From last year's, http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=359073&highlight=UCLA it looks like a chunk of acceptances (w/scholarship) were sent in february, then no waitlist/rejections until March?

I read that thread as well. Hopefully that won't be the case for those of us that got nothing yesterday... It seems as if three years ago (2005), they continued sending acceptances for three weeks in a row.

In an effort to make myself and others feel better... If the letters sent Friday are indeed acceptances, as they seem to be looking at previous years threads, there have to be a good deal more acceptances coming, right? I mean only 3 people have reported letters being sent so far.

Ugh, I hate waiting. It is funny that schools continue to send letters out in patterns, fueling the obsessiveness and speculation of premeds like myself. I mean, you'd think they'd catch on and send them in mixed batches or something. Or they could, gasp, tell you over the phone, sparing people from waiting while they know a decision has already been made. Oh well, more waiting, we'll survive. I guess. Haha.

Yeah, my deal with UCLA is that they send out acceptances at different times than waitlist, etc. I mean, you don't find out at the same time. Maybe they're doing it differently this year..?

I also received the "Letter Sent 2/15" message, but I'm in school on the east coast so it's going to be an anxious weeking waiting for mail to see if its a rejection/waitlist/acceptance. So nervous!

So if they were actually dropped in the mail yesterday, I would assume some people in LA would have received it today.

So if they were actually dropped in the mail yesterday, I would assume some people in LA would have received it today.

Nothing in the mail today for SoCal. Maybe tuesday? Honestly though, UCLA has made us wait months, so I'm actually ok with a few more days. So for now, back to waiting...

I got the same status change, and I haven't interviewed there. So its a sure rejection for me.

Good luck with you guys.

I got the same status change, and I haven't interviewed there. So its a sure rejection for me.

Good luck with you guys.

:( Not a good sign for those of us who got the post-interview "Decision letter sent".

:( Not a good sign for those of us who got the post-interview "Decision letter sent".

To be honest, that might be just a coincidence. People have been getting pre-interview rejection letters from UCLA for a while now. The other poster just happened to get his sent on 2/15. I'd still be pretty optimistic if I were you based on previous years' patterns.

interview 12/4. no status change... dang it. I'm soo nervous. :(

Why can't they just post the decision online? What is the point of just saying that they've sent a letter? It just makes us more nervous.

It has nothing to do with the post-interview decisions.

Thanks, you made me slightly less nervous, but it's going to be a long week. I grew up in Los Angeles and feel such a connection to UCLA- I've basically been imagining attending since I first started as a premed- so I'm very very nervous waiting for this letter to reach the east coast!

Thanks, you made me slightly less nervous, but it's going to be a long week. I grew up in Los Angeles and feel such a connection to UCLA- I've basically been imagining attending since I first started as a premed- so I'm very very nervous waiting for this letter to reach the east coast!

Haha, I understand the feeling. :) Well, if it makes you feel better, this first "batch" of post-interview decisions has been acceptances over the past three years.

I interviewed in mid November and I have a letter sent status as of Friday.

Did any of you guys who have post-interview "final Decision letters sent" receive an email saying you'll be undergoing a criminal background check? I read on some other thread that UCLA does these checks on applicants it is seriously considering.

Did any of you guys who have post-interview "final Decision letters sent" receive an email saying you'll be undergoing a criminal background check? I read on some other thread that UCLA does these checks on applicants it is seriously considering.

I have a post-interview letter sent and did not get a UCLA background check.

damn i just realized how weak this thread is compared to last years. :)

damn i just realized how weak this thread is compared to last years. :)

:laugh: I wonder why. I was following the UCSF thread for a while before receiving an unpleasant letter in the mail, and it was going very strong when I last checked.

I don't know why! I for one am going mildly crazy waiting for my letter to arrive on the east coast. As soon as anyone gets a letter, please please post the results.
As for your question Xerxes, I didn't recieve a background check e-mail, but I did approve the Certiphi screening after acceptance to another school in November, so I'm not positive I would need to re-approve it for UCLA.
Have a great day everyone! Hopefully tomorrow someone will get the letter!

I don't know why! I for one am going mildly crazy waiting for my letter to arrive on the east coast. As soon as anyone gets a letter, please please post the results.
As for your question Xerxes, I didn't recieve a background check e-mail, but I did approve the Certiphi screening after acceptance to another school in November, so I'm not positive I would need to re-approve it for UCLA.
Have a great day everyone! Hopefully tomorrow someone will get the letter!

i know what you mean....lazy postal workers haha
hopefully tomorrow

:luck::luck: all

:( So sad that I don't have a letter being sent. I really liked UCLA and it was definitely my best interview. So should I be expecting a waitlist/rejection in 3 weeks or so? Good luck to everyone else!! :luck:

when does the next batch go out?

when does the next batch go out?

bump

and reply...the person on the phone Thursday said within the next month, but no set date as far as I know. we can probably call again this week and not feel guilty. ;)

My mailman better not have any damn excuses today... or it's "release the hounds."

you should just be happy a decision has already been made on your application... and it's likely good news!

Just got the letter in the mail. Acceptance + $5k one-time scholarship!

On the east coast, so looks like everyone with the status change should be getting some mail today

On the east coast, so looks like everyone with the status change should be getting some mail today

congrats bro!

congratulations!! Especially with a scholarship. Is this your first choice? Cuz it should be haha