2008-2009 University of Cincinnati Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shemarty

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you are currently NOT enrolled in a degree granting program, please briefly describe your major activities since you received your college degree. (750 characters)

Members don't see this ad.

If you are a regular MD Program applicant, in order for your application to be complete, you must submit one (1) letter from your pre-professional advisor or committee or three (3) letters from individuals who can properly evaluate you. If you choose to submit three (3) letters, we suggest you request two (2) letters from individuals who can evaluate your performance in science coursework.

i read on the app that they require signatures with LORs (even electronic LORs)...is this correct? i already certified and can't get back to the instructions :[

Members don't see this ad :)
i read on the app that they require signatures with LORs (even electronic LORs)...is this correct? i already certified and can't get back to the instructions :[

Last year, I just chose the electronic LORs option and I never had a problem or had to give them anything else. So I think with electronic LORs it might already be included.

on interfolio...they have the LOR writers submit an electronic sig.

Ok, I have a question regarding the LOR page...it's kinda confusing. There are yes/no buttons to the right, and a yes button on the bottom. I don't know what they want me to confirm.

I'm sending my LORs through a committee. Which do I choose?

Wish they didn't ask about moving violations.

What other schools do this?

hahaha...57 in a 35 for me, whats your crime?

I'd trade you in a second.

Didn't get busted for anything outrageous, it's just the sheer volume of violations ... might not bother submitting this one.

I'd trade you in a second.

Didn't get busted for anything outrageous, it's just the sheer volume of violations ... might not bother submitting.
ummm you already spent 30 bucks on a primary...and U Cinci has the cheapest and easiest secondary in the nation-25....you better submit.

ummm you already spent 30 bucks on a primary...and U Cinci has the cheapest and easiest secondary in the nation-25....you better submit.

good point.

The other questions (Felony, Misdemeanor, and Institutional Action) are the same as the primary, word for word.

Do I really need to explain all of this again? Do these schools even look at the primaries?

This secondary was probably easier than WashU...

Ok, I have a question regarding the LOR page...it's kinda confusing. There are yes/no buttons to the right, and a yes button on the bottom. I don't know what they want me to confirm.

I'm sending my LORs through a committee. Which do I choose?

I'm sending through a committee and clicked yes for both. I think you just click no if you are sending individual LORs by mail.

Members don't see this ad :)
on interfolio...they have the LOR writers submit an electronic sig.

ah, thanks chubby!

i wrote my speeding ticket down, but somehow neglected to say that i was on all sorts of cold medicine :rolleyes:

i dont remember the speed..hope they aren't that nitpicky.

ah, thanks chubby!

i wrote my speeding ticket down, but somehow neglected to say that i was on all sorts of cold medicine :rolleyes:

i dont remember the speed..hope they aren't that nitpicky.
I got a lawyer to take care of mine....Faulty equipment baby...so thats what I put down.

I'm sending through a committee and clicked yes for both. I think you just click no if you are sending individual LORs by mail.
I think if you are sending individual LORs electronically you click yes and don't list the recommenders.

So which is it then? It seems to be that if you click no, then you write in individual letters. Would that mean you click yes twice if you have committee letters?

For the "if you're not enrolled in a degree granting program" question...I graduated, worked for a year, and am now doing my masters. So, I'm now enrolled in a degree-granting program, but I did take time off after college graduation, do I need to answer this essay?

So which is it then? It seems to be that if you click no, then you write in individual letters. Would that mean you click yes twice if you have committee letters?

Help please? This shouldn't be confusing, yet here we are...

Anyone know UC's outlook on multiple MCATs? Do they take your latest, average, highest in each section?

I am also confused on the LOR page. Do I choose "yes" or "no," regarding the question: "*If my letters of recommendation are being submitted by the Pre-Medical Advisor or myself through Interfolio/Virtual Evaluations, I understand that I am not listing the recommenders."

My letters are being submitted my Interfolio. The letters are already on file and good to go. Sigh, this can't be that confusing, but here I am confused.

Does anyone know if Cinci sends an email saying when they received your LORs...I dont see them when I login...???

I still don't understand that LOR page (if someone could explain it to me...I have a committee packet...)

Do we have to fill out this residency form if we're OOS?

I submitted my AMCAS in June and was already verified. How come I haven't received Cincinnati's yet???? Should I contact the school? I'm having the same problem with Boston U, too, despite already receiving/submitting 12 other secondaries. :confused:

I am also confused on the LOR page. Do I choose "yes" or "no," regarding the question: "*If my letters of recommendation are being submitted by the Pre-Medical Advisor or myself through Interfolio/Virtual Evaluations, I understand that I am not listing the recommenders."

My letters are being submitted my Interfolio. The letters are already on file and good to go. Sigh, this can't be that confusing, but here I am confused.

i understood this statement as "i acknowledge that i am not listing my LORs by name." so, if you understand that statement, then select "yes."

Anyone have any ideas? :oops:

if your school has a letter service (no committee letter) in which they compile your LORs into ONE packet and then mail it to schools.........do you select "yes" to the question??.....

I know this would not apply to the most of the MD crowd, but any of you are applying for MD/PhD? I got their secondary....and their MD/ PhD questions are identical to the AMCAS question. I asked the admission director for what to do, and she suggested that I should expand up on my AMCAS statement. I do not know if I can say that. My AMCAS statement pretty much describes what I did? Any suggestions? Thanks!

ignore this, im doing admin stuff

I just graduated from college (applying a year late). Do I have to fill out the secondary prompt? I haven't done anything noteworthy in these past months.

Has anyone heard anything from UC? I completed my application a few weeks ago, and I've checked on my status and there is nothing indicating review or how and when invites go out for interviews.

Bump. What do you do if you have a letter packet from the school? It seems like everyone is confused by the directions.

Bump. What do you do if you have a letter packet from the school? It seems like everyone is confused by the directions.

I thought they just asked if you were sending your LORs electronically or via snail mail. But maybe I'm confusing them with someone else, I've been complete for a long time and all these secondaries seem to blur together after awhile.

Has anyone recieved an interview yet... because two wednesdays ago when I checked my UCin status page it had an offer and options to click. However I never clicked any because I felt like there was information missing like the date I was agreeing to. The next day I checked it again and the offer was gone and the page looked like it did on Tuseday and still does now. So i figured there was a glich and they decided they werent ready to offer them yet, because all the other info was missing. Yet its like 10 days later and no news, so I am begining to worry.

I have this bad feeling that I might have been the only person to notice the status change because im ocd on checking.

Thus has anyone recieved an interview and did anyone else have the same thing happen to them?

Thank you!!

I haven't heard anything - the only thing I know is that they are starting to use a new interview format this year where they do several short interviews rather than 1 or 2 half hour or hour long interviews. They may be having some difficulty getting everything scheduled and set up with that. From what I've seen on here and people I've talked to, nobody has gotten an interview invite or any more information beyond their application being complete. I guess you could always call and see if they had an idea of when invites go out, etc. Either way I think they will start to contact people in the next couple weeks.

Any more news on Cinci?? I'd LOVE to hear from them.:eek::eek:

Has ANYONE heard from Cinci?

Not that I know of...

I haven't heard anything - the only thing I know is that they are starting to use a new interview format this year where they do several short interviews rather than 1 or 2 half hour or hour long interviews. They may be having some difficulty getting everything scheduled and set up with that. From what I've seen on here and people I've talked to, nobody has gotten an interview invite or any more information beyond their application being complete. I guess you could always call and see if they had an idea of when invites go out, etc. Either way I think they will start to contact people in the next couple weeks.

Oh rly? Are they using the "MMI" system developed by McMaster University? It's becoming a way of life up here in Canada. McGill is using it this year as well.

Oh rly? Are they using the "MMI" system developed by McMaster University? It's becoming a way of life up here in Canada. McGill is using it this year as well.

Yup. I think it's like eight stations each with a different theme, can't remember how much time at each one. Sounds weird as hell.

Yup. I think it's like eight stations each with a different theme, can't remember how much time at each one. Sounds weird as hell.

Here. Let me enlighten you. :laugh:

http://www.medicine.usask.ca/educat...ew-mmi-information/Practice_MMI_Questions.pdf :smuggrin:

And from this link, one of the benefits from the medical education side of things is that it takes less time and less interviewers. I'm sure that will be very appealing to the US system.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17786758 :prof:

And where it all started
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14996341 :zip:

Here. Let me enlighten you. :laugh:

http://www.medicine.usask.ca/educat...ew-mmi-information/Practice_MMI_Questions.pdf :smuggrin:

And from this link, one of the benefits from the medical education side of things is that it takes less time and less interviewers. I'm sure that will be very appealing to the US system.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17786758 :prof:

And where it all started
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14996341 :zip:

Thanks.

It hope I get an interview at cinci, I wanna check this crazy format out.:D.

hey everyone..
i did EDP at cincinnati and did their masters in physiology program last year.. the EDP had the interview last friday and yes everyone this year is getting the MMI (multiple mini interview). It was very interesting and i liked it more than the regular interview. Just to give you a little info on it... we had 7 interviews exactly 10 minutes each. you have 2 minutes to read/think about the scenario then 8 minuets with the interviewer and that's it. They are all back to back so no breaks, literally 70 minutes and you're done. After the first one you kinda get used to it and it's real easy. Anyway, the EDPers hear back sept 23rd so i'm sure that regular decision will start to hear about interviews sometime after that. if you have any other questions about the interview or the school and the classes (since i already took some of them) feel free to email me and ask.. [email protected]. good luck to you all!!

Hey guys, Cincinnati has officially started giving out interview invites for any of you that are anxiously waiting. This school seems great and I'm really looking forward to this interview.

I was accepted to the SMP there, but decided not to go. That program seemed really awesome, and the faculty seemed extremely supportive and caring. I hope the medical school is the same!
Interview date: 10/20!

Btw, there are short essays to fill out before you can cofirm your date (about 6 of them, but only 500 characters each), and you do not get to select a date, the date is given to you. GL all!

Hey guys, Cincinnati has officially started giving out interview invites for any of you that are anxiously waiting. This school seems great and I'm really looking forward to this interview.

I was accepted to the SMP there, but decided not to go. That program seemed really awesome, and the faculty seemed extremely supportive and caring. I hope the medical school is the same!
Interview date: 10/20!

Btw, there are short essays to fill out before you can cofirm your date (about 6 of them, but only 500 characters each), and you do not get to select a date, the date is given to you. GL all!

Congrats V! That's awesome. Are you IS?

Errr. Any idea where I can find information on student housing? They say that the medical students have offered to provide housing for interviewees but I can't seem to find any info on the subject. Am I blind? lol.

Any other SDNers at interview day today? Every time I go to another interview day, I'm more and more impressed by how personable and chill everyone seems. I had a lot of fun today talking and joking with everyone! (8:00am group)

About the school:

Just...wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.