*** Official Boston University SDM Class of 2013 ***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oclor

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yay! So pumped.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got in. There's a good chance I will end up being with you guys!

me too! :banana::soexcited::banana:
not paid my deposit yet.. but will pbbly do it soon :)

I had a dream last night that I got in :(... at least now I know what it's like getting an acceptance to BU :p

I had a dream last night that I got in :(... at least now I know what it's like getting an acceptance to BU :p

haha don't worry Alina I'm sure you'll get in. Just be patient. I'll see you in July!

Fingers crossed Oclor...I'm going NUTS:scared:

Yeah me too. I had a great time at the interview, and anxiously check my email like it's Dec 1 everyday!. :)

this may sound so weird.. but i dreamt i got in last night.. and received the email today! :)
maybe you will too.. good luck!:thumbup:

true story. my friend was waitlisted at NYMC (med school) and had a dream that he received an email saying he was taken off the wl and accepted and what do you know. He woke up to an acceptance in his inbox.

i hope you get in!

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha guys!! That sounds crazy! I hope I can get on that list of dreams to reality!

Congrats to all who got in!!!I'm interviewing there soon do you guys have any advice ???

it is a very laid back interview. do not worry.

Congrats to all who got in!!!I'm interviewing there soon do you guys have any advice ???

Look over your app, that's all. Otherwise it was the coolest interview for me. Good luck!

Look over your app, that's all. Otherwise it was the coolest interview for me. Good luck!

why you look so damn mad in your fbook pic?

so i have an interview on feb. 21st at BU. does anyone know if this is for a spot on the waitlist? and has boston filled up a majority of their class already?

so i have an interview on feb. 21st at BU. does anyone know if this is for a spot on the waitlist? and has boston filled up a majority of their class already?

im not really sure. i read on another thread that they would tell you on the interview letter that it was for the waitlist.

anyone interviewing in january?

I'm interview 1/12!...n e one going to be there???

Interviewed 12/15....accepted 12/17 @ 9:30am by email. My first acceptance - so excited!

There are def. spots available, so keep hoping! I really enjoyed it there. The people were great.

New Year Bump!

yes ..I'll be there on Jan.20th....I want to go to BU so bad and I am so scared...

Interviewed 12/15....accepted 12/17 @ 9:30am by email. My first acceptance - so excited!

There are def. spots available, so keep hoping! I really enjoyed it there. The people were great.
Any feedback that might help me out??? I've got my interview in a week, and I'm freaking out. It'll be my first interview, and I really want this school!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, and did you have a feeling that you got in when you left the interview??? Do they give you any inkling at all???

hey Rodger and Mon..seriously u have nothin to worry about...the interview is very smooth...just be urself and they dont ask any really indepth questions...as long as ur confident u will do great =)

Hi everyone and congrats on your acceptances to BU!

I am just curious, to those of you who interviewed after December 1st, how soon did you hear back from BU? Dr. Shaw said it would be 4-6 weeks, but by any chance is it possibly sooner?:rolleyes: Thanks!!

I am just curious, to those of you who interviewed after December 1st, how soon did you hear back from BU? Dr. Shaw said it would be 4-6 weeks, but by any chance is it possibly sooner?:rolleyes: Thanks!!

5 days

Until when do you guys think they give out interviews?

I got Tufts interview but not BU, i want to check them both out! What gives?

Less than 2 days for me. I too was told 4-6 weeks....what a great surprise!

has anybody heard from BU today? I interviewd on Tue.

I interviewed Jan 13 and was accepted Jan 23

Was accepted today! about 8 days after my interview!!! Def' going!

does anyone know when we'll know whether we got a scholarship ( i think BU gives a few) or some other aid?

interviewed fri 1/23 and got in yesterday 1/26!! i am pretty sure i am going! congrats to all who have gotten in... i can't wait to meet you all!

oh, and isradoc-- my email said to look in the mail in the upcoming days for scholarship info, too... does anyone know what kind of scholarships they give out?

Is it OK to call them? I interviewd 1/20. and I had a great time, but the acceptance is not coming ...what should I do?

It's only been 7 days. They said 4-6 weeks i assume, so NO, do not call them.

man good job guys! does this mean us pre-dec interviewees who haven't heard yet have a tough chance? Jan people seem to be getting in fast...should I call to ask if I'm waitlisted or something? BU was my only interview and I realllly wanna go there :confused:

man good job guys! does this mean us pre-dec interviewees who haven't heard yet have a tough chance? Jan people seem to be getting in fast...should I call to ask if I'm waitlisted or something? BU was my only interview and I realllly wanna go there :confused:

I was looking through the facebook group of the c/o 2012 and some people got in as late as June! Hang in there.

So I posted this in another thread but I figured it should be put here as well:

So just talked to a third year, here is the scoop:

Well a new plus has been added to BU. They now allow 3rd and 4th year to book appointments online. No need to worry about getting up early to go into school to book appointments anymore!!!

My friend says that:
3rd years get 8 banked appointments
4ths get 10 banked appointments

As you use them, you can book ahead into the future. You can only hold 8 chairs at any given time, its first come first serve. And chairs are available like 3 weeks into the future.

Also, grading for third years has changed. No more requirements to pass, any work you do counts. Third year is now one massive clinical course. Its a 16 credit course with one grade for the year. Any and every procedure you do gets you points so you don't have to pick and choose patients on what you have left for requirements.

This is great news for BU!

So I posted this in another thread but I figured it should be put here as well:

So just talked to a third year, here is the scoop:

Well a new plus has been added to BU. They now allow 3rd and 4th year to book appointments online. No need to worry about getting up early to go into school to book appointments anymore!!!

My friend says that:
3rd years get 8 banked appointments
4ths get 10 banked appointments

As you use them, you can book ahead into the future. You can only hold 8 chairs at any given time, its first come first serve. And chairs are available like 3 weeks into the future.

Also, grading for third years has changed. No more requirements to pass, any work you do counts. Third year is now one massive clinical course. Its a 16 credit course with one grade for the year. Any and every procedure you do gets you points so you don't have to pick and choose patients on what you have left for requirements.

This is great news for BU!

That is awesome...i didn't know u get a grade for the work you do in clinics.

Ok..I interviewed 10 days ago and it seems that BU sends out acceptance, within a week...does that mean I am not gonna get one??? I am going crazy...what should I do??? I told them in the interview that BU is my first choice and I have only applied to two schools.....