*** Official Boston University SDM Class of 2013 ***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did everyone on the alternate like myself send in their 2010 AADSAS?

Members don't see this ad.

So here is the conclusion if u are not on the waitlist you are in for sure if you are on waitlist you have 50% chance
I'm thinking the same thing. I called this week and was informed there are open spots. So it appears there have been open spots for the last two weeks but no movement. Here is something from last year

PHP:
Waitlisters 
4/19 RSamR20
4/19 artsyme 
5/13 Simplystressed 
5/14 leafsfan9
5/17 townie
5/16 moodent
5/16 bennijai
5/18 myclue

Code:
Non-Alternate or did not mention
ilovekitkat
BUdental12
dentistryizhot
mannygrk
ernest1284
reeny285

Code:
  Acceptance
5/30/2008 Friday  artsyme   
6/9/2008  Monday simplystressed 
6/16/2008 Monday ilovekitkat
6/17/2008 Tuesday leafsfan9
6/18/2008 Thursday BUdental12
6/26/2008 Thursday Townie
7/10/2008 Thursday dentistryizhot
7/16/2008 Wednesday mannygrk
7/16/2008 Wednesday ernest1284
7/16/2008 Wednesday reeny285

Any word from Boston my fellow waitlisters?

Members don't see this ad :)
did anyone heard from BU on Friday?

Based on when acceptances were sent out last year, I wouldn't really expect a response until Wednesday of next week.

Did anyone hear back from Boston or contact them for any opening?

I had applied after 2 years of undergraduate studies. Although they offered me an interview, they told me that I was not eligible for the entering class of 2009 because I did not have a degree. However, they just sent me an email with a letter indicating that I was put on the alternate list this month....

What does that mean? They had declined me, then put me on the waiting list.... What are the chances of getting in when you were put on the waiting list so late in the year?

I had applied after 2 years of undergraduate studies. Although they offered me an interview, they told me that I was not eligible for the entering class of 2009 because I did not have a degree. However, they just sent me an email with a letter indicating that I was put on the alternate list this month....

What does that mean? They had declined me, then put me on the waiting list.... What are the chances of getting in when you were put on the waiting list so late in the year?

Just for clarification, you haven't received your degree right? Because according to this page the school requires a degree for admission http://dentalschool.bu.edu/bulletin/DMD/app-dmd.html

In considering applications, the Admissions Committee places primary emphasis on an applicant's undergraduate record. The successful completion of a bachelors degree from an accredited four-year US or Canadian college or university is a requirement for matriculation into Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine. Applicants who are admitted during their final year of undergraduate study must demonstrate successful completion of the bachelors degree prior to matriculation in the DMD program. The committee takes into account the applicant's scores on the Dental Admissions Test, as well as factors such as the quality and difficulty of courses taken, demonstrated leadership ability, and motivation for the study of dentistry. Applicants' personal statements submitted as part of the AADSAS application and letters of recommendation are important elements in the evaluation.

So that's very odd that they put you back on the alternate list. Heck, it's very odd that they interviewed you first of all if they really require a bachelor's degree. Maybe they will accept you conditionally as deferment as long as you can complete your degree by next year.

Starting this fall I will be entering my last year of my undergraduate degree, so I definitely do not meet their degree requirements. They had called me to say something about conditional acceptance BUT they had clearly laid out that I could not be eligible for the entering class of 2009 because I did not have a degree.

So yeah, I'm just wondering why they put me on the alternate list this late for Fall 2009. Also the letter was dated June 4th, 2009 and I received it via email July 10th 2009. I'm really confused....is there even a reason why they sent me a letter? I heard that chances were low and even if I am on the waiting list. I'm sure there are 100 other people with degrees before me on the list.

Lol, I had finally come to terms that I wouldn't get in this year and then they give me false hope.

Orientation is in like 1.5 weeks, any updates my fellow friends? I'm surprised by the lack of movement :(*

Let's keep our fingurs crossed for tomorrow it seems they send out admission in Fridays mostly

Members don't see this ad :)
Just curious but how have people been in contact with the admission? phone call, letter of intent, etc?

Starting this fall I will be entering my last year of my undergraduate degree, so I definitely do not meet their degree requirements. They had called me to say something about conditional acceptance BUT they had clearly laid out that I could not be eligible for the entering class of 2009 because I did not have a degree.

So yeah, I'm just wondering why they put me on the alternate list this late for Fall 2009. Also the letter was dated June 4th, 2009 and I received it via email July 10th 2009. I'm really confused....is there even a reason why they sent me a letter? I heard that chances were low and even if I am on the waiting list. I'm sure there are 100 other people with degrees before me on the list.

Lol, I had finally come to terms that I wouldn't get in this year and then they give me false hope.

i just looked at your predents profile and with your gpa and dat scores you have a pretty good chance at getting into any school including harvard. i wouldnt stress too much if i were you. if you apply again, i would be shocked if you didnt get in somewhere.

its actually somewhat surprising that BU wouldnt make an exception in regards to the degree requirements with those stats

Last edited:
i just looked at your predents profile and with your gpa and dat scores you have a pretty good chance at getting into any school including harvard. i wouldnt stress too much if i were you. if you apply again, i would be shocked if you didnt get in somewhere.

its actually somewhat surprising that BU wouldnt make an exception in regards to the degree requirements with those stats

Oh man, I did not know that was public!!!! :eek:

I had called them yesterday and they said that the class is not full but they would not divulge any information as to where you were on the list.

Also, they told me they do not have a list and when a spot opens up, they review all the possible applications and select the best one. I find this highly unlikely though......there has to be a list, otherwise they'd be wasting time and reviewing the same applications over and over when a spot opens up.

They also told me that Canadian/international students (without a visa or permanent residency) will have an even lower chance at getting in. Since class starts in 2 weeks, they said it would take too long for them to apply and get approved for a study visa. So if you are American, with a degree, and on the waiting list...I'd assume your chances are much higher.

I called the office today and they said the same thing about it being less likely for canadian/international students to be accepted at this point since it would take to long to have the proper documents ready for start of class.

They also said that as a Canadian applicant, the latest you could get a positive response would be roughly mid next week.

Well at least we have a time period to consider instead of waiting all summer long!

Last two days... Anyone heard from bu?

What are the chances to accept someone during the orientation week?

I hate to say this, but if you are not an American citizen/permanent resident and you have not heard from BU, then you will probably be receiving a rejection letter from them soon (or none at all).

If you are an American citizen, then you might still hear from them until ~August 15th.....but even so chances are low since the class is full. Your only chance now is to hope someone drops out of the entering class because they can't pay the tuition or for some other reason.

So no one got in from the waitlist as far as we know from SDN . are we gonna recieve a rejection at least?

I recieved an email today regarding waitlist has been terminated ... Basically a rejection has anyone else recieved that email?

yeah i got one as well. i'm guessing everyone who didn't get in off the waitlist got it. maybe next year then!