*** Official Boston University SDM Class of 2013 ***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just wondering if anyone received any updates from BU lately? I know a couple of people listed that got acceptances on the 26th, but haven't seen anything since from anyone here or on Predents. I too interviewed a little over 1 week ago, and am going crazy waiting and checking my emails. It seems like people were hearing pretty quickly only a couple weeks ago, and now nothing.:confused: I guess there's nothing else to do but hurry up and wait...

Members don't see this ad.

i'm in!
i interviewed a week ago, got the email this afternoon.
good luck to all!

i got into both tufts and BU this week.
I don't know where to go.
someone help!

Members don't see this ad :)
hello all...I have recieved an email about housing in Boston and BU this morning...I called the admission office and they said its been sent out to all interviewees ......haven't got the admission yet... anybody else in same situation??

I got the same housing email today. Thought I was going to die when I saw the email, and after about 2 minutes of pacing before opening it, thinking it would change my life, it was just some housing info :confused:. All of that for nothing!!!! Still waiting, still going crazy, still not sleeping... Good luck to all of us left :luck::xf::luck:!

I got the same housing email today. Thought I was going to die when I saw the email, and after about 2 minutes of pacing before opening it, thinking it would change my life, it was just some housing info :confused:. All of that for nothing!!!! Still waiting, still going crazy, still not sleeping... Good luck to all of us left :luck::xf::luck:!

Hey guys, it may be good news, b/c I didn't get the email. When did you guys interview?

I got it this morning about 9am. I interviewed on 1/23. What about you?

i got it around 9 and interviewed this past tuesday.....

I don't think its good news if the lady on the phone at BU said they sent it to everyone :(

I WISH! maybe check your spam box? I dunno

Hi everyone,

I got the same Housing info email this morning too, I saw "Boston Univerity" in the headline and my stomach turned over itself...only to read about, you guessed it, housing.

But at 3:00 today I got an acceptance email :) I've been rejected more times than I care to remember (applied to 6 schools last year, didn't even get a single interview, and already had been rejected twice this year) so I'm extremely excited right now.

To anyone still waiting, it's the hardest thing to do but you should really try to do anything you can to keep your mind off of it. You've done everything in your power to convince them and the ball is now in their court.

Good luck to all.

Hi everyone,

I got the same Housing info email this morning too, I saw "Boston Univerity" in the headline and my stomach turned over itself...only to read about, you guessed it, housing.

But at 3:00 today I got an acceptance email :) I've been rejected more times than I care to remember (applied to 6 schools last year, didn't even get a single interview, and already had been rejected twice this year) so I'm extremely excited right now.

To anyone still waiting, it's the hardest thing to do but you should really try to do anything you can to keep your mind off of it. You've done everything in your power to convince them and the ball is now in their court.

Good luck to all.
Congrats...When did you interview?

Thanks Ruger,

I interviewed this Monday (Feb 2)

hey does anyone know if a wait-list has been set up at BU? They don't seem to have rejected anyone (I gather this from SDN) so I dunno what's going on!

Interviewed yesterday, got acceptance email today :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats. do u mind me asking your GPA/DAT? and who interviewd you?

Thanks MonMonii. My aadsas cgpa was 3.5 and my science gpa was 3.43. My US DAT scores were AA/TS/PAT: 23/24/19. My interviewer was Dr. Calibreese (I'm sure that's the wrong spelling), he seemed really nice, didn't really ask many q's that i would expect from a typical interview, was very much a long chat...

Thanks dimisom....what do you guys think..is it ok if I go to BU and ask them in person about my applicaion?

well no body is posting in here....does that mean BU is not sending out anymore acceptance?

those are normal stats i wonder why they havent contacted you yet? How do u feel ur interview went? did u send a thank you note? and why dont you send them an email about ur intrest in the school maybe that will help. i wish you the best of luck!!

Interviewed yesterday, got acceptance email today :)

hey dimisam! congrats on your acceptance that is really awesome! i interviewed the same day as you but i still havent heard anything .... have u sent in deposits and all that good stuff?

those are normal stats i wonder why they havent contacted you yet? How do u feel ur interview went? did u send a thank you note? and why dont you send them an email about ur intrest in the school maybe that will help. i wish you the best of luck!!

I did it went great. I came out really happy with my interview. I am really wrried at this time

hey dimisam! congrats on your acceptance that is really awesome! i interviewed the same day as you but i still havent heard anything .... have u sent in deposits and all that good stuff?

Hey pcakes thanks! Appreciate it! Yeah I sent in my deposit and all the accompanying forms (the deadline for those was is this coming Tuesday for me). Still have to mail my intl' student forms though. I hope you hear good news from BU or any other schools you applied to!

Not me....kind of lost my hope....

has anyone called the admissions office lately? i don't know how boston does it, but i know some schools have scheduled dates where the admisisons committee meets and then sends out multiple acceptances the day after they discuss things.

My interviewer (1/23) said to contact her by mid march if I hadn't heard anything. I'm reallllllly trying to stay optimistic like she said, but I gotta say, it's getting harder each minute of each day... I'm guessing at this point they would have accepted us if they were going to :thumbdown:. I mean people have interviewed after and gotten accepted, and they're still interviewing, so I guess I didn't make the cut???

My interviewer (1/23) said to contact her by mid march if I hadn't heard anything. I'm reallllllly trying to stay optimistic like she said, but I gotta say, it's getting harder each minute of each day... I'm guessing at this point they would have accepted us if they were going to :thumbdown:. I mean people have interviewed after and gotten accepted, and they're still interviewing, so I guess I didn't make the cut???

please stay positive Ruger...that's what I am trying to do....I think we are wait listed...both you and I are married and live in MA...so if they call us even a day before the classes starts we can make it.........WE HAVE TO MAKE IT....

both you and I are married and live in MA...so if they call us even a day before the classes starts we can make it.........WE HAVE TO MAKE IT....

Wow, really? If so, way to use sdn to communicate :laugh: I hope you guys hear good news soon :thumbup:

Wow, really? If so, way to use sdn to communicate :laugh: I hope you guys hear good news soon :thumbup:

lol I don't think they meant married to each other

I take my stupid reasoning back....everyday I come up with another one to convince myself that I am not rejected.....this one was one of it...

Any new acceptance from BU?

Have you Emailed Dr. Shaw and wrote about why BU is your top choice?
It sounds like a good idea to write to Dr Shaw, but what if you have never met her? I interviewed with Ms. Ferland. WOuldn't that be a bit strange to write specifically to Dr Shaw?

Oh yea? I emailed the dean at UMD about my interest in the school and guess what I found in my inbox the next day...a secondary application => interview invite. You are commending the school and you are showing your interests which they may take into account. It doesn't hurt, it can only help. I've emailed my top schools and got quick responses about my interest in the schools. I made sure to end the email with:

If I am not fortunate enough to be accepted into the DMD program this cycle, how can I better myself for next year?

Good luck guys- just don't verbatim that last line lol

well I had my interview with Dr. Shaw, I thought my interview went great, we had a great conversation and at the end she was all talking about how well my personalty match the Apex program..., I am NOT accepted yet...I emailed her 3 times and got not respond......I told her at the end that I have only applied to BU and Tufts and I don't have interview from Tufts...I don;t know if this night affected her decision or not.....

I heard mass rejections were sent out recently- so you're still in the game if you didn't get one, hang tight

I heard mass rejections were sent out recently- so you're still in the game if you didn't get one, hang tight

what do y ou think about going there in person? I live 20min away from BU Med. campus

what do y ou think about going there in person? I live 20min away from BU Med. campus

If it gets into May, and you haven't heard, then hell yes, go to the campus. For now I would just wait though. But take everything I'm saying with a grain of salt, I'm giving you my best suggestions- the ones I would follow! I wish you acceptance! I have a BU interview next friday, I might withdraw to allow for someone else to interview (or reduce adcom decision making)

I just got rejected from BU. I applied to 15 schools and BU was the only school that didnt even offer me an interview. They just flat out rejected me. I called and asked why and they said they couldnt say they have too many applicants to answer such questions. I dont get it. What was it in my application that made them reject me???

Hey klutzy1987, I must say your stats are quite impressive...I wonder why BU didnt send you an invite...im at GPA of 3.73 and havent heard anything from BU yet...I dont get it, what are they looking for??

You are both probably over qualified- don't kid yourselves, you will both waste the oppurtunity to allow someone else who meets the school requirements to be interviewed/accepted by withdrawing post acceptance. Don't get me wrong, you both obviously worked hard for your respective credentials, but face it, the adcoms aren't idiots- they know their entering class averages and they know you won't attend the school. It's too bad your bragging rights end at BU..

You are both probably over qualified- don't kid yourselves, you will both waste the oppurtunity to allow someone else who meets the school requirements to be interviewed/accepted by withdrawing post acceptance. Don't get me wrong, you both obviously worked hard for your respective credentials, but face it, the adcoms aren't idiots- they know their entering class averages and they know you won't attend the school. It's too bad your bragging rights end at BU..

Then at least refund the application fee. If they are not going to consider my application the they shouldn't be allowed to charge me for the application fee.

Then at least refund the application fee. If they are not going to consider my application the they shouldn't be allowed to charge me for the application fee.

i might sound harsh here, but assuming you went in knowing full well the stats of BU's average entering students, it was completely your choice to apply there. if you pay, it's not a RIGHT to interview, it's a PRIVILEGE. you gave them money to review your application. that job, they did. unfortunately the outcome wasn't as you would have liked.

that being said, nice stats! good luck at stony, great school, wish i got the interview.

oh and to those waiting........i declined my offer, so +1 for someone.
good luck

i might sound harsh here, but assuming you went in knowing full well the stats of BU's average entering students, it was completely your choice to apply there. if you pay, it's not a RIGHT to interview, it's a PRIVILEGE. you gave them money to review your application. that job, they did. unfortunately the outcome wasn't as you would have liked.

that being said, nice stats! good luck at stony, great school, wish i got the interview.

Im just wanted to know why they would not interview me. There is no such thing as being overqualified and it originally was a school I was considering attending. I didnt care about being rejected I just wanted an explanation from them as to why I didn't at least warrant an interview. I think my application is pretty solid and I was more curious than anything else what it was. I would like to know so that I can work hard to corect it and take it out of any future applications I may have (residency, associates position). Its not like BU is some sotra amazing school, its a good school and it was just wierd that its the only school I applied to where I wasnt offered an interview.

Im just wanted to know why they would not interview me. There is no such thing as being overqualified and it originally was a school I was considering attending. I didnt care about being rejected I just wanted an explanation from them as to why I didn't at least warrant an interview. I think my application is pretty solid and I was more curious than anything else what it was. I would like to know so that I can work hard to corect it and take it out of any future applications I may have (residency, associates position). Its not like BU is some sotra amazing school, its a good school and it was just wierd that its the only school I applied to where I wasnt offered an interview.

becuz of your bio score on DAT?

oh and to those waiting........i declined my offer, so +1 for someone.
good luck

hey dr bojangles, when was the deadline that you had to make your boston decision by?

I saw on predents today that some one got accepted did anyone else hear back im still waiting for a reply from them:xf::xf: