TBR Review book Passage difficulty?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kouger86

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where would TBR review book passages rank in terms of difficulty in comparison to AAMC?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know, but I was doing them, and some of them are really hard. I love the explanations though. What I've been doing is I finish the passages, then I go to the answer page, and before looking at the answer, I solve the question again in my head, and then I look at the explanation. I keep going further so that if I learn something new during explanation of an answer, I'll get it when I do the next problem. In effect, I do each problem twice (once to get an answer, and once while reviewing). But I was also curious where TBR review passages rank with AAMC.

I don't know, but I was doing them, and some of them are really hard. I love the explanations though. What I've been doing is I finish the passages, then I go to the answer page, and before looking at the answer, I solve the question again in my head, and then I look at the explanation. I keep going further so that if I learn something new during explanation of an answer, I'll get it when I do the next problem. In effect, I do each problem twice (once to get an answer, and once while reviewing). But I was also curious where TBR review passages rank with AAMC.

Your approach is EXCELLENT!!! You learn so much by trying a question a second time and reviewing the answer explanations. More learning and improvement occurs doing that than any other thing.

As far as difficulty goes, people tend to say that BR book passages are harder than the AAMC material and actual MCAT. The difference is that there aren't very many freebie questions in the BR books.

even just looking at the curve approximations, given that you can >10 wrong and still be in the 12-15 range suggests that they're harder.