Is it normal to go crazy in the days leading up to your score report?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ej37

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am one of those who took the test on May 16. I am hoping this means I get my score on wednesday? If not, I might just shoot myself.

Just wondering if I am the only one who is going crazy: thinking of all the stupid mistakes I made, things I should have, could have done, and I can't stop beating myself up over a few of the questions I KNOW I got wrong. I was scoring in the 240-250s on my last 4 practice tests but for some reason am solidly convinced that I failed the exam. That damn last section... was brutal and I was burned out at the end of the day.

Anyway, good luck to everyone taking the test coming up and waiting for their scores this week, sorry for what is a most pathetic post (even by SDN standards).

Members don't see this ad.

Don't worry, a lot of people have reacted the same way, and I Probably will too in a couple of weeks.

Stay positive.

Suppress these thoughts and have some fun.

I'm going crazy before TAKING it. I hope by the time my score comes out (mid July) I will have forgotten this whole ordeal. :(

Hey guys, I am one of those who took the test on May 16. I am hoping this means I get my score on wednesday? If not, I might just shoot myself.

Just wondering if I am the only one who is going crazy: thinking of all the stupid mistakes I made, things I should have, could have done, and I can't stop beating myself up over a few of the questions I KNOW I got wrong. I was scoring in the 240-250s on my last 4 practice tests but for some reason am solidly convinced that I failed the exam. That damn last section... was brutal and I was burned out at the end of the day.

Anyway, good luck to everyone taking the test coming up and waiting for their scores this week, sorry for what is a most pathetic post (even by SDN standards).

I know exactly what you mean man. Took mine on the 19th and I'm going quite crazy waiting for my score. I thought that after about 2 weeks, I would forget about the exam, but that is not the case. Everything keeps building inside. I feel like a pressure cooker. A part of me is optimistic that perhaps I may get my score this Wednesday, but I know the USMLE doesn't mess around, so July 13th will probably be the date. This is a form of mental torture. :mad:

-Filla