****The Official Indiana University Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

facecrime

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any news?

Members don't see this ad.

The AADSAS application opened on June 4th, 2012, I suppose. So, I don't think we can have any news before the end of this year. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
This school is not that impressive.

IU dental was supposed to open up a new dental school and start the building the new school last year, but decided to scrap that plan. Rather the admins decided to re-build a dental lab down in the basement floor of the building. The new lab looked soooo depressing. I wouldn't want to spend my time working on my project in a basement lab.

the instructors at this school are not that cracked up to be. I toured the school last year during my interview, and one of my friends who's in his last year at this school told me that I shouldn't attend indiana while I was deciding which dental schools I should commit to. I also looked at the students working in the basement dental lab, and they didn't look too happy at all.

My friend told me that the students in general, aren't that friendly. Being in PBL groups brings out the animosity and cockiness of the student who tend to be from within indiana.

Lastly, I didn't want to attend a dental school associated with a university with a defunct basketball team, and a football team that could be beat by a high school football team. :laugh:

In-state. predent1210 said that he sent his fee in and I think he is out of state. It has been my experience that a fee request from IU means you have an interview. They don't skin you like most of the other schools these days. I respect that.

Yes! My very first interview!! So excited :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Second batch but didnt retake my dat until 7/16.

Awesome! Got my interview for IU on November 1st.

I received an interview invite today! It will either be on Sept. 26 or 27 (pm). I am very excited! I am in-state and this is my first choice school. :) Good luck to you all!

I've heard that IU accepts less than a few out of state applicants. Is there any truth to this? Do out of staters have any chance?

I've heard that IU accepts less than a few out of state applicants. Is there any truth to this? Do out of staters have any chance?
The 2012 IUSD entering class has 27 non-residents and 77 residents.
I was extended an invitation on August 31st for an IUSD interview!

Second invite (2 days after my first, go figure; I was starting to freak out).

I'm sending in my interview email on Monday and hope to get an interview spot on Nov.15th.

I am OOS, NC resident.

Best of luck to everyone!

I received an interview invite today! It will either be on Sept. 26 or 27 (pm). I am very excited! I am in-state and this is my first choice school. :) Good luck to you all!

Congratulations! I have an interview there as well that same day (PM as well). I am in state as well, what school do/did you attend? See you there!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SDN Mobile

Indiana never emailed me back about my supp. fee... Should I be worried? lol

My friend is in her first year at IU and she's OOS. I believe they accept ~30 OOS. The OOS alternate list moves fast... went to almost #30 last year.

apparently they're upping the OOS seat number? i read this on another thread

edit: and pharma, how does she like IU? did she choose this school over any others?

so i have my interview next wednesday! any advice? i'm pretty nervous!

Anyone know the interview style for this school? I.e. group, 1 on 1etc...

It looks like its a one to one interview, open file.

If you received a NR Fall interview letter in what format did you respond. Did you make changes to the word document (or PDF) and send it back or add an additional letter stating what was asked along with the Fall Interview letter? Any other specifics on format would be helpful thanks!

If you received a NR Fall interview letter in what format did you respond. Did you make changes to the word document (or PDF) and send it back or add an additional letter stating what was asked along with the Fall Interview letter? Any other specifics on format would be helpful thanks!

I just edited the word document they emailed and sent it back.

I'll have the interview on Nov 9 and 10th. Does anyone have the same day?

just curious... i am an 8th batcher and have received 4 interviews so far. i feel very fortunate. but im still waiting to hear from 3 schools. two in Illinois and indiana.

I have only received the first acknowledgement email from indiana that they have all of my materials. and i got that email days after i submitted. So should I call to see the status of my file or wait it out still?

I was thinking one more week

thanks

just curious... i am an 8th batcher and have received 4 interviews so far. i feel very fortunate. but im still waiting to hear from 3 schools. two in Illinois and indiana.

I have only received the first acknowledgement email from indiana that they have all of my materials. and i got that email days after i submitted. So should I call to see the status of my file or wait it out still?

I was thinking one more week

thanks

Are you waiting to here from UIC in illinois? Im in the 8th batch at IU too but theyve been on the 4th batch forever! Ive called twice in the past three weeks and every time its still the 4th batch so im running out of patience!

Those who were invited to an interview... could you guys please share your stats and if you are in-state or OOS?

GPA (science, overall) 3.58, 3.42
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/23/21/21/none
I'm a resident of Washington.

Last edited:
I am batch 13, application sent in 9/28, got the acknowledge email of receiving my app today. I am in state resident. Hopefully, I can hear from them soon.

Just got an interview today OOS

Sent from my EVO using SDN Mobile

Just received an interview invite today as well. I'm OOS.

Hey nitrotang, just out of curiosity where are you from? I'm in California.

Sent from my EVO using SDN Mobile

Just to let you guys know.... That the interview is a closed file....... They started doing this last year bc the interviewers were scoring people based on their academic status..... Therefore the interviewers have no way of knowing your background. But! They will have a print out of your personal statement..... So make sure to read over your ps before going to your interview. Also..... They ask you questions back to back......it was crazy for me cuz i never had a one on three type of interview!! It was crazy for me..... What an experience....

Fyi, they asked me if i knew the name of the dean.... And of course i did not look that up before going in.....

So yea.... Good luck to you all!!

Fyi, they asked me if i knew the name of the dean.... And of course i did not look that up before going in.....

Who did your interview? I had a difficult time reading one of my interviewer but overall they were all very nice to me.

Who did your interview? I had a difficult time reading one of my interviewer but overall they were all very nice to me.

Honestly i dont even remember their names.... The female interviewer had an accent....and she was the one asking me all kinds of questions while the male interviewer was pretty relaxed and friendly.... The d4 just sat their and jumped in whenever he felt like asking questions.....

I was just sweating the whole time i was in the room....... Or maybe it was just me.... Idk :confused:

It sounds like we had different people.

No don't worry I was nervous as well when I had mine, everyone once. You could tell everyone was really tense and uptight. If it makes you feel any better I had a small panic/stress attack (sweating/head spinning) while waiting in that small room with all the other applicants. Just played it off for a minute or two and rolled with the punches :)

Not just you!