****The Official Indiana University Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Members don't see this ad :)
Someone should make a facebook group!

Anyone been notified of being wait listed or rejected? I haven't heard anything yet :confused:

i've been refreshing my email for the past 30 mins!! haha
does indiana even send out waitlist emails the same day?

Accepted!!! (in-state, interviewed in Sept., received email at midnight)

Class of 2017! Woooooooooooooooooooo!

Starting a facebook group. :) Congrats all!

Members don't see this ad :)
Making a page, but need to add members first. PM your info, so we can get our group going.

Congrats to everyone accepted to IUSD. I am currently a 3rd year here so if you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

If there is a follow up phone call this morning to the accepted e-mail over the weekend please post. Thanks!

Anyone know when they're saying who is waitlisted?

I asked Pamela if I was rejected or wait listed. She wrote me saying that I wasn't selected for the first round but will still be considered in the spring. I should receive an e-mail in January asking if I would like to remain in their pool. I don't know if everyone who didn't get offered an acceptance will be considered again in the spring or if this is like being put on the waiting list.

Accepted! We just earned the right to cheer for the best basketball team in the country!

I asked Pamela if I was rejected or wait listed. She wrote me saying that I wasn't selected for the first round but will still be considered in the spring. I should receive an e-mail in January asking if I would like to remain in their pool. I don't know if everyone who didn't get offered an acceptance will be considered again in the spring or if this is like being put on the waiting list.
Nice. I just called the office. asked about my app. Says Im on the alternate list. Hopefully alternate list moves fast.

I called the office also and was told I would be considered again in the spring. (I'm in-state) They made no mention of a wait list and doubt you will see one this round of acceptances. I think if you didn't get the midnight email you will have to wait till the spring. Don't lose hope! If this is what you want to do, you will find a path to make it happen.

Are you on the in-state or OOS alternate list and did they give you a number?
Ya. Im OOS. I'm assuming if your in state, chances of you getting in are slim since everyone wants to go there if they are in state. I'm OOS and yes she did give me a number.

Ya. Im OOS. I'm assuming if your in state, chances of you getting in are slim since everyone wants to go there if they are in state. I'm OOS and yes she did give me a number.
Thank you so much for responding! I'm OOS too and once my heart stops beating so fast I'll give them a call

I called the office also and was told I would be considered again in the spring. (I'm in-state) They made no mention of a wait list and doubt you will see one this round of acceptances. I think if you didn't get the midnight email you will have to wait till the spring. Don't lose hope! If this is what you want to do, you will find a path to make it happen.

I just called and I was told that I was not considered but that they were going over applications again in March. They didn't say anything about a waistlist for me either. Im in-state as well... Truly, I am devastated but I'll try to remain hopeful. I don't know if it's because they didn't like me in the interview or because I applied late (3rd week of Oct) but at least I wasn't outright rejected, right? #silverlining
Thanks for the words of encouragement tho, cuz I'm really struggling to keep it together here in the office.

Did they give you any idea when the "spring selection meeting" is? I got the same response, saying I was still in the applicant pool.

Also, does anyone know if you can put a deposit down at a school and still wait to hear from another? How does that work?

Thanks guys

Did they give you any idea when the "spring selection meeting" is? I got the same response, saying I was still in the applicant pool.

Also, does anyone know if you can put a deposit down at a school and still wait to hear from another? How does that work?

Thanks guys
I got the "spring selection" meeting answer too. I have no idea when that would be, but we must stay positive!

Thank you so much for responding! I'm OOS too and once my heart stops beating so fast I'll give them a call
If you are on the alternate list. You'd get an email. I got an email stating that I was on the alternate list.

Accepted! (in state) I received the email at 12:01 am and Pamela Clark Called around noon today. I look forward to meeting everyone!

Accepted too! (in-state) I was notified via email on Mon 12:01 AM.

I just called and I was told that I was not considered but that they were going over applications again in March. They didn't say anything about a waistlist for me either. Im in-state as well... Truly, I am devastated but I'll try to remain hopeful. I don't know if it's because they didn't like me in the interview or because I applied late (3rd week of Oct) but at least I wasn't outright rejected, right? #silverlining
Thanks for the words of encouragement tho, cuz I'm really struggling to keep it together here in the office.

So you applied third week of october but still got an interview before december?

So you applied third week of october but still got an interview before december?

Yea... they actually bumped me in last minute when someone dropped out.

To those of you accepted, did you receive the email re: a background check? I'll be accpting my Indiana spot and not the other offer. I figured if OSU sent the background check I'd save my $150. If Indiana did I'll go ahead and complete it.:thumbup:

I did get an email from "[email protected]" about a "Conditional Acceptance Background Check Consent Request." I think the background check may be a one time thing for several schools you applied to via AADSAS. I'm not 100% sure about that, but when I filled everything out, it had a list of schools and was not IU specific.

That's good enough for me since we were both accepted at IU. It does appear to be non-school specific and IU was on their list. I just wanted to be sure I wasn't paying $150 for a background check only needed at a school I won't attend.

Thanks!

Edit: It was only $60.25 since my body count is reasonably low and the ankle bracelet is off.

Last edited:
Does any body know how many in state offers they made on 12/3? and how many in state students will be for class of 2017?

I believe they usually have around 70 in state spots, and I'd bet 50+ come on 12/3. That's just a guess based upon past years.

I believe they usually have around 70 in state spots, and I'd bet 50+ come on 12/3. That's just a guess based upon past years.

Thank you for your reply. So, there should be some post-dec interview spots for in-state students... :xf::xf::xf:

Does anyone know how competitive the ~20 spots will be for in-state students to get in the second round?

Does anybody know when they will send out in-state interview for second round?

accepted!! out of state. interview oct 31. they notified me by email and then a snail mail letter later

:D:D

hey to whoever above said they made the facebook group what is it called??

I understand the class is largely filled (and a waitlist set) but does anyone know when the spring selection meeting is (assuming one has interviewed)? or if they will have a spring selection?