****The Official Indiana University Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

I applied to other schools and most are under review and I am not even hoping that they will get back to me. So I am thinking what should I do now?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone receive the email for criminal background check? I didn't receive the snail mail package yet, so I am wondering when I should do the criminal background check. Thanks.

Anyone receive the email for criminal background check? I didn't receive the snail mail package yet, so I am wondering when I should do the criminal background check. Thanks.

If this is the first school you have been accepted to you should be getting an email very soon. When is our FASFA due for Indiana?

Members don't see this ad :)
So do I need to fill out the Residence classification and fee processing form? And do I need to inform them I finished the background check? And Is there any benefit to being an indiana resident when I will have the government be paying the bills? Thanks!

Last edited:
I just got the email about not purchasing a computer. Unfortunately, I recently purchased a Macbook Pro 13" retina display. It is the same model that they specify on the site (13" MBP) only it is the retina display and the specs are higher. Does anyone know if this will be an issue?

I just emailed the IT department about this but haven't heard back.

Thanks

I have a similar problem - 15inch rMBP cost me a fortune.. contacted IT and they told me they have not decided what computers will be required for class of 2013 and that we will get that information closer to schools starting.

I have a similar problem - 15inch rMBP cost me a fortune.. contacted IT and they told me they have not decided what computers will be required for class of 2013 and that we will get that information closer to schools starting.

Wow. So they basically said that we cannot deviate from the exact models that they specify? If so, this should have been layed out somewhere sooner in the application process. Almost 2000 applicants and I am guessing a good handful of them have purchased new computers in the last year.

Wow. So they basically said that we cannot deviate from the exact models that they specify? If so, this should have been layed out somewhere sooner in the application process. Almost 2000 applicants and I am guessing a good handful of them have purchased new computers in the last year.

I think there is a "computer fee in the summer term" printed on the financial paper that Jennifer gave us when we were in the financial section. ^_^

I think there is a "computer fee in the summer term" printed on the financial paper that Jennifer gave us when we were in the financial section. ^_^

I just called last Friday and asked about this. From what I believe and according to the IUSD DDS Fact Sheet I received from Jennifer Vines (DENTAID), a budget for the required laptop is included in the summer fees. However, summer financial aid will not be available by then, so you must pay for it out-of-pocket. I called the office and they said to budget a couple thousand (I'm guessing 1500-1800 is enough). They also said they won't make a decision on the model/specs for a couple more months. I also called the IU Tech Store and they said the Mac that they recommend on the webpage probably hasn't been updated recently. Furthermore, the price is probably inflated a bit (compared to the Apple website) because we are required to buy Apple Care.

Hope this helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering if anyone has gotten their letter in the mail yet?

Yeah made sure i dropped that off Wednesday already got my receipt for it.

Do I need to send the background check report to the school? or the school will have access to my report?

I was under the impression that once you released it they would have access to it.

Got my official letter in the mail today, and in it, reads that I will be receiving my official letter soon. :confused:

Got my official letter in the mail today, and in it, reads that I will be receiving my official letter soon. :confused:

Same here :) I guess they will send out the OFFICIAL letter after they have the background check.

Same here :) I guess they will send out the OFFICIAL letter after they have the background check.

Sweet. I was going to frame that bad boy. I will just hang this one on the refrigerator. :naughty:

I've read a bunch of bad threads on Indiana. Anyone worried that we Indiana isn't the place to be? I personally feel like I will love it in indiana, but I would like some other Dental 2017 students of IUPUI to give their thoughts! I mean, that triple jump sounds BRUTAL!

i interviewed way back in fall.. what was triple jump again? and are you asking more about the city or the program..

I read a few harsh critiques about Indi's program, but i've read similar things about LA, SF, U Pitt, U Penn, U Conn etc.. any research focused school is gonna kick your ass i think (at least thats my understanding, coming from a research based undergrad program)..

I've read a bunch of bad threads on Indiana. Anyone worried that we Indiana isn't the place to be? I personally feel like I will love it in indiana, but I would like some other Dental 2017 students of IUPUI to give their thoughts! I mean, that triple jump sounds BRUTAL!

Where are you from?

Hey guys. I'm an OOS applicant and I'm having a hard time deciding whether or not to attend indiana. I've been accepted to MWU-il and am considering it. What do u guys think.

I had gotten accepted into Howard in December and had my background check was released way before I got accepted into IU. So I know IU has my background check and I still haven't gotten this OFFICIAL letter that they keep referring to...

I had gotten accepted into Howard in December and had my background check was released way before I got accepted into IU. So I know IU has my background check and I still haven't gotten this OFFICIAL letter that they keep referring to...

your background check was released, but they might not go and check it yet... that is just my guess

Is there a FB group for just our class? Seems the group has mostly upperclassmen and now med students wanting to sell mattresses.

Is there a FB group for just our class? Seems the group has mostly upperclassmen and now med students wanting to sell mattresses.
Yeah I assumed it was just for our class as well. The rampant mattress selling is a little weird.

Does anyone have an idea of when the official orientation will be for IUSD?

Yeah I assumed it was just for our class as well. The rampant mattress selling is a little weird.

If anyone is an admin, could we clean it up to just 2017 people. I suspect we'd get a little more chatter without the upperclassmen and non-dental people around.

If anyone is an admin, could we clean it up to just 2017 people. I suspect we'd get a little more chatter without the upperclassmen and non-dental people around.
I concur.

Just sent an e-mail to withdraw my acceptance! Hope someone here gets the lucky call tomorrow! :)

Just letting everyone know that I gave up my seat today! I hope one of you SDN pre-dents gets it!

Best of luck to my would-be Class of '17

Hey guys

Can u guys add more admins into the fb group or get the admin to add me? I've been trying to join the group!

Received an invite last week, torn between IU and MWU-IL
It all depends on you @ MSUspartan where you really want to attend but I would still tell you to consider other criteria s such as In-state/ out of state tuition and the overall program in both the schools.

It all depends on you @ MSUspartan where you really want to attend but I would still tell you to consider other criteria s such as In-state/ out of state tuition and the overall program in both the schools.

Yeah I'm outta state for both which makes it a bit tougher

Guys this seems to be the most boring forum. There is no activity and no posts compared to other forums. Is anyone here waitlisted at IU?

I know most of us have not yet matriculated but does anyone know how many guest we can invite to the white coat ceremony?

Hey guys, I'm Jake and I'm a current 1st year at IUSD. Our class has set up an e-mail for any INCOMING students if you have questions. You can submit your questions to [email protected] and we will do our best to respond to you and get you the information you need. See you guys this summer!

just curious if the 3.3 gpa minimum is enforced?

I saw that in the ADEA guide and it made me wonder. I won't be applying till next June, but I will be really close to a 3.3 :(

Just got a called but declined it. GL OOS!