Three interviews, WTF?!?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blackhawkdown24

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a friend who has a 3.1 cgpa, 3.0 sgpa, average ECs ( nothing special) 27 P MCAT, ORM. How the **** do you get three interviews so far??? Is it that easy to get into med school????

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Regardless of what people tell you, you will never seem to know EXACTLY what people are up to.

There's a lot of missing information here, such as:

What State residency?
Which schools? (If it's Harvard, Johns Hopkins, and Penn then that's worth posting about).
MD or DO schools?
What EC experiences?

Md? If so it's just not possible. Trolling

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using SDN Mobile

Idk I'm just in disbelief. But I doubt he'll Ace them. He farts a lot.

There's a lot of missing information here, such as:

What State residency?
Which schools? (If it's Harvard, Johns Hopkins, and Penn then that's worth posting about).
MD or DO schools?
What EC experiences?

2 DO, 1 MD.... We're in Texas

You mad?? Don't hate on your "friend" besides it's Texas and the med schools there are nice to their IS applicants.

His personal statement could have blown them away :eek:

I knew someone with the same stats OP mentioned and he had three MD interviews a few years ago- one state school and two private on the other side of the country.

It's possible, y'all.

However, getting and acceptance is a different question.

The DO interviews aren't that big of a surprise, but it might be a combination of a good PS and submitting within the first day/week that AMCAS was open.

Texas != everywhere else

Texas :eek: I just read online that they have to accept 90% instate applicants. WOW I wish I lived there for 2 years or more.

I live in Rhode Island. The only medical school we have-Brown University-HATES instate applicants.

Texas :eek: I just read online that they have to accept 90% instate applicants. WOW I wish I lived there for 2 years or more.

I live in Rhode Island. The only medical school we have-Brown University-HATES instate applicants.

That's pretty standard for most if not all in state schools in Washington, Oregon and California. Private schools can do whatever they want, though.