****The Official Buffalo Class of 2017 Acceptance Thread****

pysjang

Sean
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't think this exists yet, if it does, please let me know!

I just got an "offer made" on my mobile portal so be sure to check that everyone!

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Same!! Congratulations! But is it official? I'm tempted to call AADSAS to find out...

Congrats to you as well! And yes that's exactly how I feel. I know I shouldn't get my hopes up just yet but... so hard!

Members don't see this ad :)
mine still says invited for interview

same. just going to wait and update on here on monday hehe.

Wish I could have interviewed there...im banking on post December interviews

I don't think this exists yet, if it does, please let me know!

I just got an "offer made" on my mobile portal so be sure to check that everyone!

Good luck!
My aadsas mobile portal said "offer made" as well. Super excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had the "offer made" message on the mobile portal as well, but only time will tell now!

Congratulations to the class of 2017. The journey has just begun :)

Just received the acceptance email. I wish I could start my drive to work like this every day. :)

Congrats to everybody!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using SDN Mobile

What an awesome feeling! Congratulations everyone!! I think this was worth wait :p

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in, too!!! congrats everyone!!! Do we have a phone call from Dr. Brown?
not :)Yet for me,,

Just got my call from Dr. Brown! Ah what a wonderful Monday this is turning out to be!

Still no call from UB !! lol

Last edited:
Still no call from UB !! lol

Finally confirmed by a phone call from Dr. Brown.. was not a dream:), felt unreal even with the offer email,,,

alternate status: "alternates are not selected before the end of April and can be contacted as late as the first week of August" = we are too nice to reject you, so we'll do this instead.

In all fairness, I had a great time at the campus though and its a great school.

Congrats to everyone with acceptances and good luck to everyone else.

I received a phone call this morning after an email at 8:30am

Accepted! I thought I did bad in the interview, but thank you Buffalo for giving me a chance! Amazing school, need to do a lot of thinking and choose wisely.

accepted!
missed the call cause i was at school..
didnt see the email until i walked out of my exam, quite the nerve wracking exam..:)

anyone know if there's a facebook group already? do we make one or will the 2016's make one and be admins? :p

make a new group. it's less complicated that way and it clearly states that we're part of the class of 2017

Congratulations and welcome to all of you who were accepted today. I remember that feeling like it was yesterday. UB is an awesome school and I hope you enjoy your time here if you choose to come. :)

-Joe
UBSDM Class of 2016

congrats to all!
Anyone offered acceptance that may not accept?
I was accepted to three schools, Buffalo being one of them. I am OOS, and my home town dental school accepted me too. I am thinking it is a prudent decision to go instate. Primarily for financial reasons. I may not be accepting my Buffalo offer.

Hey Everyone,

Congrats on your acceptance to UBSDM. I am a current first year here and I love it. I hope you all do too should you decide to attend. I know when I was accepted somebody created a "University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine Class of 2016" facebook group. I would recommend someone do the same. It is a great way to not only get to know your future colleagues, but post questions and possibly find roommates if needed.

If you have any questions let me know

Best of luck,

Justin Dez

Ok I was having a hard time trying to work this new Facebook group business, they've changed quite a bit since I last started one, but I think I succeeded! Here it is!

Let me know if you think I should change things around!

http://www.facebook.com/groups/120891344738680/

Hey just to add on, if you requested to join that Facebook group but haven't been added, it's because for some reason Facebook isn't allowing me to add you. It keeps saying I have to be friends with you or be an admin of the group (which I am). So maybe it has something to do with your privacy settings? Just a heads up!

Hey just to add on, if you requested to join that Facebook group but haven't been added, it's because for some reason Facebook isn't allowing me to add you. It keeps saying I have to be friends with you or be an admin of the group (which I am). So maybe it has something to do with your privacy settings? Just a heads up!

Just make it an open group where anyone can join. Makes it less confusing :)

The group is open now!

I just got an interview invitation today!!
very excited!

Interviewed on December 7th. Wait listed today. Disappointed. :(

Did anyone that was put on continuing review hear anything back?

Hey I think it's only because they don't know how many people will accept! If you stay on it, you will most likely be pretty high up judging by your stats :)

I also interviewed on December 7th got rejected :( Disappointed as well

I thought I did bad on the interview and I was right! lol

Did anyone hear back from a dec 6th or dec 7th interview and get in today?

Did anyone hear back from a dec 6th or dec 7th interview and get in today?
I really doubt that any december interviews are going to get straight up acceptances before jan 4. they just gave out a bunch of acceptances and have to wait and see who puts deposits down. I would be super happy with a waitlist spot if i were you

I interviewed on Dec 6th and got waitlisted as well. Hope this helps. :)

I interviewed on 12/7 and was accepted on 12/12 :)

NDPitch stop freaking out. You're sitting on some acceptances already. Chillax. Plenty are out there with 0 acceptance whatsoever.

A little late on this but got accepted via email and then phone call on Dec 3rd as an out-of-state student

I know it's late but I have an interview in a couple weeks. Any advice or pointers from you lucky accepted ones? :)

Anyone know what percent of the class is filled? :D

Anyone know what percent of the class is filled? :D

No clue but from the looks of the poll, those who were accepted put down a deposit (or it was b/c it was added late).. I myself put down a deposit as well.

I'm going to assume about 50-60% only based on the fb page and people's posts on sdn.