Match Results, Class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
it matters. look at the match lists (though you probably won't know how to interpret them). i'm not going to argue this point with a pre-med. after experiencing the match (and of course talking about it endlessly with other people) it is very obvious that school reputation has a big effect on residency apps ....unless of course you're top of the class and have a 260+ step 1.

How are you able to tell the degree to which school reputation makes a difference? Obviously, students going to more prestigious schools likely have the personal inherent characteristics that will place them in prestigious residencies as well, independently of the reputation of their school.

And how does looking at a match list give any solid indication on the effect of reputation in this respect? I'm sure that reputation is a factor, but how would you "interpret" a match list correctly in order to get this information?

Members don't see this ad.

How are you able to tell the degree to which school reputation makes a difference? Obviously, students going to more prestigious schools likely have the personal inherent characteristics that will place them in prestigious residencies as well, independently of the reputation of their school.

And how does looking at a match list give any solid indication on the effect of reputation in this respect? I'm sure that reputation is a factor, but how would you "interpret" a match list correctly in order to get this information?

i'm not sure what "personal inherent characteristics" you're talking about. if you have two students with the same exact step 1 score and class rank vying for the same spot the student from the more reputable school will get it. Also if you are coming from a less reputable school you will have to have a much stronger application to get the same opportunities as someone from a more reputable school.

with regards to how you can see this in match lists.... let's take the IM matches of two schools that are in the same city (i chose IM matches because recognizing good matches is a bit easier than in other specialties):
UPenn (top 5) http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=13827027&highlight=upenn#post13827027
Drexel (#85) http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=13837177&highlight=upstate#post13837177

as you can see all 39 of UPenn's matches range from very solid to spectacular whereas drexel's is significantly less impressive (programs like GW and drexel which have their fair share of caribs seem to be particularly popular on the list, you have a bunch of community hospital matches like beth israel and winthrop, the rest of the matches are mostly mid tier). now i'm not sure if you want to argue that all 39 of penn's IM applicants had 240+ and were top of their class (because those are the stats required to get those kind of matches from drexel) ....the former is very unlikely and the latter is mathematically impossible.

What are you basing this on?

Data indicate that the total number of allo + osteo grads will exceed the number of current residency positions by 2019.

First off, mea culpa for the "even with increases in MD and DO med schools and class sizes" bit. I will definitely look for enrollment projections (do I smell the same problem that JDs have? haha). That idea was based on current surplus of residency spots. Focusing on the extent of increased US enrollment misses my point. My primary point was that IMGs will be the first to feel the squeeze of a shortage of positions.

skinMD, I totally agree that demand will...trickle down...as moderately competitive specialties, like EM, become more so. Maldistribution? I don't think that is a fair point. We can't all do ROAD specialties

Back to the original point I was responding to, sure ACGME PDs in competitive specialties could (and do...?) fill their spots with increasing numbers of US MD grads. That doesn't change the fact that there will be spots--at least for the time being--for DO grads who are supposed to be interested in primary care specialties :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm not sure what "personal inherent characteristics" you're talking about. if you have two students with the same exact step 1 score and class rank vying for the same spot the student from the more reputable school will get it. Also if you are coming from a less reputable school you will have to have a much stronger application to get the same opportunities as someone from a more reputable school.

with regards to how you can see this in match lists.... let's take the IM matches of two schools that are in the same city (i chose IM matches because recognizing good matches is a bit easier than in other specialties):
UPenn (top 5) http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=13827027&highlight=upenn#post13827027
Drexel (#85) http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=13837177&highlight=upstate#post13837177

as you can see all 39 of UPenn's matches range from very solid to spectacular whereas drexel's is significantly less impressive (programs like GW and drexel which have their fair share of caribs seem to be particularly popular on the list, you have a bunch of community hospital matches like beth israel and winthrop, the rest of the matches are mostly mid tier). now i'm not sure if you want to argue that all 39 of penn's IM applicants had 240+ and were top of their class (because those are the stats required to get those kind of matches from drexel) ....the former is very unlikely and the latter is mathematically impossible.

Thanks for the example. I agree with your statement that, if all things are equal, the student from the more "reputable" school would most likely be chosen.

Regarding personal characteristics... I would think that students at Penn would have, on average, higher step I scores than Drexel's class. I would also think that students at Penn are more likely to have significant research experience compared to students at Drexel.

Also, maybe Penn students are more focused on obtaining highly competitive positions - having already achieved acceptance to any Ivy med school. I think in the aggregate, such a focus would culminate in obtaining experiences and even connections that will help them continue on such a path... and perhaps they craft their rank list accordingly (more focus on prestige of program). Also, I would think that class rank would matter less at the most highly ranked schools largely because PDs would know that the pool of students that these classes consist of are already the cream of the crop.

Like I said, I agree that reputation of the school plays a role, but I still think it's impossible to say the degree to which this occurs just from looking at match lists. You have personal experience in this though, whereas I don't, so your experience in this certainly means something.

First off, mea culpa for the "even with increases in MD and DO med schools and class sizes" bit. I will definitely look for enrollment projections (do I smell the same problem that JDs have? haha). That idea was based on current surplus of residency spots. Focusing on the extent of increased US enrollment misses my point. My primary point was that IMGs will be the first to feel the squeeze of a shortage of positions.

skinMD, I totally agree that demand will...trickle down...as moderately competitive specialties, like EM, become more so. Maldistribution? I don't think that is a fair point. We can't all do ROAD specialties

Back to the original point I was responding to, sure ACGME PDs in competitive specialties could (and do...?) fill their spots with increasing numbers of US MD grads. That doesn't change the fact that there will be spots--at least for the time being--for DO grads who are supposed to be interested in primary care specialties :rolleyes:

Gotcha. And I got that info from a recent WSJ article, and the article didn't indicate if they were only counting ACGME positions or if they were including AOA positions as well. If a merger occurs that would certainly ease the crunch, if it was only ACGME positions they were referring to. I'll stop going off topic now...

Top-Tier DO schools match similar to low-tier MD or mid-tier MD schools if you look at the matchlist of PCOM for example. That's what I'm saying, school will play a role more when the playing field is exactly equal.

Gotcha. And I got that info from a recent WSJ article, and the article didn't indicate if they were only counting ACGME positions or if they were including AOA positions as well. If a merger occurs that would certainly ease the crunch, if it was only ACGME positions they were referring to. I'll stop going off topic now...

I bet they were talking about the MD side only.

This is one example of data published by the AAMC indicating projected combined MD and DO first year enrollment will be 26,079 (how can they be that specific?) for the 2016/2017 academic year. 2012 residency spots numbered 26,772 for ACGME and 2,655 for AOA. Some, of course, were unfilled: 1,246 (ACGME) and 888 (AOA).

I don't think the merger would ease anything because it would be no different than it is now in terms of total numbers. There will be enough spots for US grads, even for several years past 2016-2017 (assuming continued enrollment increases without residency spot increases). The only thing that full match participation (i.e. post-merger) would do is maybe make some spots currently set aside for DOs more competitive. However, I don't see a scenario where a US grad would not have a spot in something for quite some time.

Last edited:
Thanks for the example. I agree with your statement that, if all things are equal, the student from the more "reputable" school would most likely be chosen.

Regarding personal characteristics... I would think that students at Penn would have, on average, higher step I scores than Drexel's class. I would also think that students at Penn are more likely to have significant research experience compared to students at Drexel.

Also, maybe Penn students are more focused on obtaining highly competitive positions - having already achieved acceptance to any Ivy med school. I think in the aggregate, such a focus would culminate in obtaining experiences and even connections that will help them continue on such a path... and perhaps they craft their rank list accordingly (more focus on prestige of program). Also, I would think that class rank would matter less at the most highly ranked schools largely because PDs would know that the pool of students that these classes consist of are already the cream of the crop.

Like I said, I agree that reputation of the school plays a role, but I still think it's impossible to say the degree to which this occurs just from looking at match lists. You have personal experience in this though, whereas I don't, so your experience in this certainly means something.

you're right about class rank mattering less at the more reputable schools which demonstrates my point.

regarding preferences, i disagree.... knowing the preferences and rank lists of many of my classmates who applied IM, even the ones who ended up at community programs would've preferred to go to university programs but typically limited themselves geographically and didn't match into the university program(s). so saying "oh this person just wanted to go to a community program" is, from my experience, typically not true.

Top-Tier DO schools match similar to low-tier MD or mid-tier MD schools if you look at the matchlist of PCOM for example. That's what I'm saying, school will play a role more when the playing field is exactly equal.

looking at the PCOM match list, and many other DO match lists in this thread, I would say that the low- and mid-tier MD schools match WAY better. for example, there will be a few matches to elite IM programs from any US MD school (which are essentially closed to DOs...yes I know about that one person who matched at UPenn) and IM community programs are the exception on any MD school's match list whereas it is the vast majority of matches on any DO match list since the AOA programs are (almost?) all community. we've had the community vs. university program discussion in another thread so i won't rekindle it here but i strongly believe that the education is overall superior at university programs for IM.

maybe maldistribution isnt the right word but you know what i mean. the preferences and residencies don't match up so the residency crunch will appear earlier because tend not to apply to multiple specialties (unless they're applying to a super competitive field)

.maybe maldistribution isnt the right word but you know what i mean. the preferences and residencies don't match up so the residency crunch will appear earlier because tend not to apply to multiple specialties (unless they're applying to a super competitive field)

No problem. I was probably being too pedantic. Agreed.

you're right about class rank mattering less at the more reputable schools which demonstrates my point.

looking at the PCOM match list, and many other DO match lists in this thread, I would say that the low- and mid-tier MD schools match WAY better. for example, there will be a few matches to elite IM programs from any US MD school (which are essentially closed to DOs...yes I know about that one person who matched at UPenn) and IM community programs are the exception on any MD school's match list whereas it is the vast majority of matches on any DO match list since the AOA programs are (almost?) all community. we've had the community vs. university program discussion in another thread so i won't rekindle it here but i strongly believe that the education is overall superior at university programs for IM.

maybe maldistribution isnt the right word but you know what i mean. the preferences and residencies don't match up so the residency crunch will appear earlier because tend not to apply to multiple specialties (unless they're applying to a super competitive field)

You cannot really compare a match list where 100% of the students take the usmle and compare it to a match list where only 40% take the usmle.

Last edited:
You are assuming everyone wants to go to a university program for residency, which, in my opinion, is a fair assumption, but that really isn't the case at PCOM. Many people in my class, especially the internal medicine applicants, wanted to go to one of PCOM's programs. Many of them didn't even apply to any Acgme programs. Moreover, at most, a 1/3 of my class took the usmle. You cannot really compare a match list where 100% of the students took the usmle and compare it to a match list where only 30% took the usmle.

I second that, and the match list is already strong as is. In the future, if all DO students can apply to all programs without dropping one match the degree will thus become less important and class rank, school, etc. much more important.

PDs will be looking at who is best for their program as they already are, and MD or DO will have less of a baring. Since there won't be a need to drop a match it enables DO students to compete more broadly. Right now DOs entering the ACGME match are at a disadvantage (increased risk of not matching) depending on the specialty. DO students can Rank ACGME high and AOA low if they wish to have a safety net.

Right. There's no way of knowing if DO PDs will take MDs just like we don't know if MD PDs will take more DOs. I feel like you seem to think suddenly traditional DO programs will snatch up MDs. I think the bias will go both ways.

I find it hard to believe DO PDs will willingly cause the self implosion of specialized physicians.

The one thing that I think will definitely change will be that all the AOA transitional year/IM/FM/etc slots that never fill will promptly be claimed by FMGs.

More competitive specialties will see more action from MD applicants, but will the DO PDs totally drop DO applicants and embrace MDs? Probably not.

Members don't see this ad :)
NYCOM Match List- newly released

Anesthesiology

Tulane University
St. Luke's Roosevelt, NY
Henry Ford, Detroit
Cleveland Clinic
SUNY HSC
Maimonides- Brooklyn, NY
Univ of PA
Univ of Rochester
Univ of Rochester
St. Lukes-Roosevelt
Tufts Medical Center, Boston
SUNY HSC
Cleveland Clinic
UConn

Emergency Medicine

St. Luke's PA
Kent Hospital
St. Joseph's NJ
St. Joseph's NJ
Univ at Buffalo
St. Lukes PA
St. Barnabas, NY
UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson
Good Samaritan Medical Center
St. Joseph's NJ
St. Barnabas
Thomas Jefferson
St. Barnabas
Newark Beth Israel
St. Barnabas
Newark Beth Israel
Einstein Beth Israel, NY
Newark Beth Israel
St. John Providence
Hackensack Univ med ctr
UC Davis Med Center
St. Barnabas
NY Hospital Queens
Einstein/ Beth Israel

FM-EM Combined

St. Barnabas

NeuroSurgery

PCOM Philidelphia
Ohio State Univ

Neurology
North Shore LIJ
North Shore LIJ
North Shore LIJ
North Shore LIJ
Univ Maryland
North SHore LIJ
U Texas Southwestern

Ophthalmology

LECOM/ Florida Osteo
NYP- Weill Cornell
St. John Episcopal

Urological Surgery

Albert Einstein Med Center, Philadelphia

Pathology

NYP- Weill Cornell
Cleveland Clinic
Winthrop Univ

Radiology

North Shore LIJ
Larkin
Oakwood Southshore Med Center
Brookhaven Memorial
Morristown Memorial

General Surgery

NYCOMEC East end
Einstein/ Montefiore, NY
NY Hosp Queens
Flushing Hospital
Lutheran Med center
Palisades med center
Lutheran Med Center
ST. Barnabas
wyckoff heights
St. Joseph's NJ
Wyckoff heights
Flushing med center
NYCOMEC/ East End
Lutheran Med Center

Ortho Surg

Plainview Hospital
Plainview Hospital
Univ of maryland

PM&R

NYU
NUMC
NUMC
Mount Sinai, NY
Stony Brook , NY
Larkin
NUMC
NYU
Mount Sinai
NUMC
NYU
NYU
Baylor- Texas

OB/GYN

Newark Beth Israel
Newark Beth Israel
Univ at Buffalo
Baystate, MA
Wyckoff heights
Lenox Hill
Geisinger Health
Jersey Shore Univ Hospital
Winthrop
Womack Army
Jersey City Med Center
St. Joseph's NJ
Good Samaritan
Good Samaritan

Pediatrics

UCLA- Harbor
Univ Illinois
Stony Brook
NYMC- Westchester
Newark Beth Israel
Good Samaritan
SUNY HSC
Winthrop
NYMC-Westchester
NYMC- Westchester
Good Samaritan
Good Samaritan
Winthrop
Albert Einstein Philadelphia
Doctors hospital, OH
UConn
Maimonides
Winthrop

psych

Advocate Lutheran
Stony Brook
SUNY Upstate
St. Lukes- Roosevelt
North shore LIJ
Columbia, FL
NYMC- Westchester
NUMC
NUMC
Drexel
Univ at Buffalo
Einstein/ Beth Israel

IM

Dartmouth
Georgetown
UPMC
Lenox hill
St lukes roosevelt
SUNY HSC
NUMC
Coney Island
Stony Brook
SUNY HSC
Hackensack Univ med center
Southampton
St. Lukes roosevelt
St. Lukes roosevelt
Stony Brook
North Shore LIJ Manhasset
Saushec brooke army
Stony Brook
Palmetto gen hospital
Geisinger
Medstar franklin square
Lutheran med center
Lenox hill
NY hosp queens
Lenox Hill
Winthrop
NY hosp queens
Southhampton
UPMC presbyterian
NUMC
St. Michael's NJ
SUNY HSC
Stony Brook
NY Hosp queens
Einstein Jacobi Med center NY
St. Lukes roosevelt
Maimonides
SIUH
Lenox hill
Lenox hill
Jersey Shore Med center
Queens Hospital
Queens Hospital
NUMC
Lenox Hill
Corpus Christi. TX
St. Michael's NJ
Mercy Med center IA
Case Western
UMDNJ

FM

Wilson Memorial
Naval hospital pensacola
NUMC
Good Samaritan
Ellis Hospital, NY
St. Johns
St. Johns
Eisenhower army medical
Somerset med center
Christiana care
Long beach med center
Mount Sinai- inst for fam health
Jamaica hospital
St. petersburg gen hosp
NUMC
St. Johns
Plainview, NY
Brookhaven memorial
Wilson memorial
Stony Brook
Inst for fam health, NY
Jamaica hospital, NY
NYMC Phelps Memorial hospital
Good Samaritan, NY
Clarion hospital
Emory University
Ellis Hospital
Lutheran med center
Einstein/ beth israel
Ellis hospital
Plainview hospital
RIVERSIDE REGIONAL
university at buffalo
Christ hospital
Long beach
Plainview
brookhaven
mclaren-greater lansing
long beach
Plainview
North shore LIJ, glen cove
Brookhaven
Lutheran med center
Ellis hospital
Wilson memorial
Peconic bay med center
Geisinger
Ellis Hospital
Lutheral Med center
Jamaica , NY
St. John episcopal
St. John episcopal

FM/NMM Combined

Southhampton

Medicine-peds combined

Univ at buffalo

psych/early childhood

Drexel

99% matched
51% Allopathic (Not Counting Dually Accredited Osteopathic Programs)

Might have missed some... its a large list

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Anesthesiology

Tulane University
St. Luke's Roosevelt, NY
Henry Ford, Detroit
Cleveland Clinic
SUNY HSC
Maimonides- Brooklyn, NY
Univ of PA
Univ of Rochester
Univ of Rochester
St. Lukes-Roosevelt
SUNY HSC
Cleveland Clinic
UConn

Emergency Medicine

St. Luke's PA
Kent Hospital
St. Joseph's NJ
St. Joseph's NJ
Univ at Buffalo
St. Lukes PA
St. Barnabas, NY
St. Joseph's NJ
St. Barnabas
Thomas Jefferson
St. Barnabas
Newark Beth Israel
St. Barnabas
Newark Beth Israel
Einstein Beth Israel, NY
Newark Beth Israel
St. John Providence
Hackensack Univ med ctr
UC Davis Med Center
St. Barnabas
NY Hospital Queens
Einstein/ Beth Israel

FM-EM Combined

St. Barnabas

NeuroSurgery

PCOM Philidelphia
Ohio State Univ

Neurology
North Shore LIJ
North Shore LIJ
North Shore LIJ
North Shore LIJ
Univ Maryland
North SHore LIJ
U Texas Southwestern

Ophthalmology

LECOM/ Florida Osteo
NYP- Weill Cornell
St. John Episcopal

Urological Surgery

Pathology

NYP- Weill Cornell
Cleveland Clinic
Winthrop Univ

Radiology

North Shore LIJ
Larkin
Brookhaven Memorial
Morristown Memorial

General Surgery

NYCOMEC East end
Einstein/ Montefiore, NY
NY Hosp Queens
Flushing Hospital
Lutheran Med center
Palisades med center
Lutheran Med Center
ST. Barnabas
wyckoff heights
St. Joseph's NJ
Wyckoff heights
Flushing med center
NYCOMEC/ East End
Lutheran Med Center

Ortho Surg

Plainview Hospital
Plainview Hospital

PM&R

NYU
NUMC
NUMC
Mount Sinai, NY
Stony Brook , NY
Larkin
NUMC
NYU
Mount Sinai
NUMC
NYU
NYU
Baylor- Texas

OB/GYN

Newark Beth Israel
Newark Beth Israel
Univ at Buffalo
Baystate, MA
Wyckoff heights
Lenox Hill
Geisinger Health
Winthrop
Womack Army
Jersey City Med Center
St. Joseph's NJ
Good Samaritan
Good Samaritan

Pediatrics

UCLA- Harbor
Univ Illinois
Stony Brook
NYMC- Westchester
Newark Beth Israel
Good Samaritan
SUNY HSC
Winthrop
NYMC-Westchester
NYMC- Westchester
Good Samaritan
Good Samaritan
Winthrop
Doctors hospital, OH
UConn
Maimonides
Winthrop

psych

Advocate Lutheran
Stony Brook
SUNY Upstate
St. Lukes- Roosevelt
North shore LIJ
Columbia, FL
NYMC- Westchester
NUMC
NUMC
Drexel
Univ at Buffalo
Einstein/ Beth Israel

IM

Dartmouth
Georgetown
UPMC
Lenox hill
St lukes roosevelt
SUNY HSC
NUMC
Coney Island
Stony Brook
SUNY HSC
Southampton
St. Lukes roosevelt
St. Lukes roosevelt
Stony Brook
Saushec brooke army
Stony Brook
Palmetto gen hospital
Geisinger
Medstar franklin square
Lutheran med center
Lenox hill
NY hosp queens
Lenox Hill
Winthrop
NY hosp queens
Southhampton
UPMC presbyterian
NUMC
St. Michael's NJ
SUNY HSC
Stony Brook
NY Hosp queens
St. Lukes roosevelt
Maimonides
SIUH
Lenox hill
Lenox hill
Jersey Shore Med center
Queens Hospital
Queens Hospital
NUMC
Lenox Hill
Corpus Christi. TX
St. Michael's NJ
Mercy Med center IA
Case Western
UMDNJ

FM

Wilson Memorial
Naval hospital pensacola
NUMC
Good Samaritan
Ellis Hospital, NY
St. Johns
St. Johns
Eisenhower army medical
Somerset med center
Christiana care
Long beach med center
Jamaica hospital
St. petersburg gen hosp
NUMC
St. Johns
Plainview, NY
Brookhaven memorial
Wilson memorial
Stony Brook
Inst for fam health, NY
Jamaica hospital, NY
Good Samaritan, NY
Clarion hospital
Emory University
Ellis Hospital
Lutheran med center
Einstein/ beth israel
Ellis hospital
Plainview hospital
RIVERSIDE REGIONAL
university at buffalo
Christ hospital
Long beach
Plainview
brookhaven
mclaren-greater lansing
long beach
Plainview
Brookhaven
Lutheran med center
Ellis hospital
Wilson memorial
Peconic bay med center
Geisinger
Ellis Hospital
Lutheral Med center
Jamaica , NY
St. John episcopal
St. John episcopal

FM/NMM Combined

Southhampton

Medicine-peds combined

Univ at buffalo

psych/early childhood

Drexel

99% matched

99% matched

Just wanted to point out, 20 people or so actually did not match, and had to scramble this year. It was a tough year indeed. So yeah, 99% post-scramble (SOAP, whatever they call it these days).

Just wanted to point out, 20 people or so actually did not match, and had to scramble this year. It was a tough year indeed. So yeah, 99% post-scramble (SOAP, whatever they call it these days).

My school was doing the same thing and saying 100% matched while ignoring the SOAP/scramble. Its all about fudging the stats. They also made up a new category called "basic care" not primary care and basically lumped all fields into basic care to show that the school is fulfilling their "mission."

It looks like Gabon, actually. Probably an interesting story behind that.

DMU has international students. So, it is not surprising. What is surprising is the 20 people who matched into transitional year/traditional rotating internships/prelim surg.

Why is OGME 2 Derm in Anthem, AZ still available? Anyone who just wrapped up a TY could put in for it, right? I understand it's new, but still, it's derm right? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I've just discovered the magical AOA post-match site...

DMU has international students. So, it is not surprising. What is surprising is the 20 people who matched into transitional year/traditional rotating internships/prelim surg.

Out of curiosity, why is that surprising?

Western COMP 2013. Sorry for the crappy formatting.

Anesthesiology

Anesthesiology RCRMC Moreno Valley, CA AOA

Anesthesiology Rush University Medical Center Chicago, IL ACGME
Anesthesiology University of Texas Medical Branch- Galveston Galveston, TX ACGME
Anesthesiology University of Texas Medical Branch- Galveston Galveston, TX ACGME
Anesthesiology Tufts University - Baystate Medical Center Springfield, MA ACGME
Anesthesiology University of Washington Seattle,WA ACGME

Diagnostic Radiology

Diagnostic Radiology Brookhaven Memorial Patchogue, NY AOA

Diagnostic Radiology Penn State University Hershey, PA ACGME

Emergency Medicine

Emergency Medicine ARMC Colton, CA AOA
Emergency Medicine St. Barnabas Bronx, NY AOA
Emergency Medicine St. John Providence Warren, MI AOA

Emergency Medicine Albany Medical College Albany, NY ACGME
Emergency Medicine Kaweah Delta Health Care District Visalia, CA ACGME
Emergency Medicine Kaweah Delta Health Care District Visalia, CA ACGME
Emergency Medicine University of Texas - San Antonio San Antonio, TX ACGME
Emergency Medicine University of Nebraska Omaha, NE ACGME
Emergency Medicine University of MO-KC Truman Kansas City, MO ACGME
Emergency Medicine Univ of Nevada Las Vegas, NV ACGME
Emergency Medicine University of Florida Gainesville, FL ACGME
Emergency Medicine Univ of Nevada Las Vegas, NV ACGME
Emergency Medicine Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center Fort Hood, TX U.S. Army

ENT

Otolaryngology Detroit Medical Center Detroit, MI AOA

Family Medicine

Family Medicine Bay Area CCMC Corpus Christi, TX AOA
Family Medicine CMH Ventura, CA AOA
Family Medicine DRMC Downey, CA AOA
Family Medicine EVVCOM/Blue Ridge Healthcare Morganton, NC AOA
Family Medicine GSRMC Corvallis, OR AOA
Family Medicine GSRMC Corvallis, OR AOA
Family Medicine Kent Warwick, RI AOA
Family Medicine Lonestar Family Conroe, TX AOA
Family Medicine Mountain Vista Medical Center Mesa, AZ AOA
Family Medicine Pacific Hospital Long Beach Long Beach, CA AOA
Family Medicine ARMC Colton, CA AOA/ACGME
Family medicine ARMC Colton, CA AOA/ACGME
Family Medicine Christiana Care Wilmington, DE AOA/ACGME
Family Medicine Central Washington Fam Med - Rural Track Ellensburg, WAAOA/ACGME
Family Medicine Wright Center Scranton, PA AOA/ACGME
Family Medicine Contra Costa Martinez, CA ACGME
Family Medicine Glendale Adventist Glendale, CA ACGME
Family Medicine Kaiser Fontana Fontana, CA ACGME
Family Medicine Kaiser Fontana Fontana, CA ACGME
Family Medicine Kaiser Orange County Santa Ana, CA ACGME
Family Medicine Kaiser Orange County Anaheim, CA ACGME
Family Medicine Kaiser Riverside Riverside, CA ACGME
Family Medicine Kaiser Sunset Los Angeles (Sunset), CA ACGME
Family Medicine Kaiser Sunset Los Angeles (Sunset), CA ACGME
Family Medicine Loma Linda Loma Linda, CA ACGME
Family Medicine Mercy Merced Merced, CA ACGME
Family Medicine Mercy Redding Redding, CA ACGME
Family Medicine Mercy Redding Redding, CA ACGME
Family Medicine Shasta Community Health Center Redding, CA ACGME
Family Medicine Mount Sinai/Harlem Residency New York City, NY ACGME
Family Medicine Natividad Medical Center Salinas, CA ACGME
Family Medicine Natividad Medical Center Salinas, CA ACGME
Family Medicine Northridge Hospital Northridge, CA ACGME
Family Medicine Northridge Hospital Northridge, CA ACGME
Family Medicine O'Connor Hospital (Stanford) San Jose, CA ACGME
Family Medicine Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center Pomona, CA ACGME
Family Medicine Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center Pomona, CA ACGME
Family Medicine Providence Milwaukie Portland, OR ACGME
Family Medicine Salinas Medical Center Salinas, CA ACGME
Family Medicine UCI Orange, CA ACGME
Family Medicine UCSD San Diego, CA ACGME
Family Medicine UCSF-Fresno Fresno, CA ACGME
Family Medicine University of Minnesota Minneapolis, MN ACGME
Family Medicine University of North Carolina/ Mtn Area Health Asheville, NC ACGME
Family Medicine University of Washington Seattle, WA ACGME
Family Medicine USC/California Hospital Los Angeles, CA ACGME
Family Medicine WOMAC Ft. Bragg, NC U.S. Army

General Surgery

General Surgery DMC Sinai-Grace Detroit, MI AOA
General Surgery Good Samaritan Regional Health Corvallis, OR AOA
General Surgery Mercy Medical Center Des Moines, IA AOA
General Surgery St. Barnabas Bronx, NY AOA

Internal Medicine

Internal Medicine Aria Health Philadelphia, PA AOA
Internal Medicine Aria Health Philadelphia, PA AOA
Internal Medicine ARMC Colton, CA AOA
Internal Medicine CMH Ventura, CA AOA
Internal Medicine GSRMC Corvallis, OR AOA
Internal Medicine GSRMC Corvallis, OR AOA
Internal Medicine McLaren Greater Lansing Hospital Lansing, MI AOA
Internal Medicine Mercy Medical Center Des Moines, IA AOA
Internal Medicine MSU-Sparrow Hospital Lansing, MI AOA
Internal Medicine PHLB Long Beach, CA AOA
Internal Medicine Skagit Valley Hospital Mt. Vernon, WA AOA
Internal Medicine Skyridge Medical Center Lone Tree, CO AOA
Internal Medicine UMDNJ-Stratford/Kennedy Stratford, NJ AOA
Internal Medicine Valley Hospital Medical Center Las Vegas, NV AOA
Internal Medicine Wright State University Dayton, OH Military

Internal Medicine Harbor UCLA Torrance, CA ACGME
Internal Medicine Legacy Portland, OR ACGME
Internal Medicine Loma Linda University Loma Linda, CA ACGME
Internal Medicine Providence St. Vincent's Medical Portland, OR ACGME
Internal Medicine Santa Barbara Cottage Santa Barbara, CA ACGME
Internal Medicine UCSF-Fresno Fresno, CA ACGME
Internal Medicine UCSF-Fresno Fresno, CA ACGME
Internal Medicine University of Connecticut Hartford, CT ACGME
Internal Medicine University of South Florida Tampa, FL ACGME
Internal Medicine University of Texas - Houston Houston, TX ACGME

Med - Peds

Med-Peds Western Michigan University School of Medicine Kalamazoo, MI ACGME

Neurology

Neurology Baylor Houston, TX ACGME

OB / GYN

Obstetrics & Gynecology ARMC Colton, CA AOA
Obstetrics & Gynecology Genesys Regional Grand Blanc, MI AOA
Obstetrics & Gynecology Grandview Hospital Dayton, OH AOA
Obstetrics & Gynecology Resurrection Health Care Chicago, IL AOA
Obstetrics & Gynecology UMDNJ Stratford, NJ AOA

Obstetrics & Gynecology Baystate Medical Center Springfield, MA ACGME
Obstetrics & gynecology Loma Linda University Loma Linda, CA ACGME
Obstetrics & Gynecology UCSF Fresno Fresno, CA ACGME
Obstetrics & Gynecology UCSF Fresno Fresno, CA ACGME

Orthopedic Surgery

Orthopedic Surgery CMH Ventura, CA AOA
Orthopedic Surgery GSRMC Corvallis, OR AOA

Pediatrics

Pediatrics Broward Health Medical Center Fort Lauderdale, FL AOA
Pediatrics Miami Children's Hospital Miami, FL AOA

Pediatrics Advocate Children's Hospital Chicago, IL ACGME
Pediatrics Children's Hospital of LA Los Angeles, CA ACGME
Pediatrics Dell Children's Hospital Austin, TX ACGME
Pediatrics Dell Children's Hospital Austin, TX ACGME
Pediatrics Kaiser Permanente Los Angeles, CA ACGME
Pediatrics LAC-USC Los Angeles, CA ACGME
Pediatrics Loma Linda University Loma Linda, CA ACGME
Pediatrics Loyola Chicago, IL ACGME
Pediatrics Texas A&M/McLane Children's Hospital Scott&White Temple, TX ACGME
Pediatrics Univ of Nevada Las Vegas, NV ACGME

PM & R

PM & R Northwestern University (RIC) Chicago, IL ACGME
PM & R Schwab Rehabilitation Chicago, IL ACGME
PM & R Tufts University Boston, MA ACGME
PM & R UC Irvine Irvine, CA ACGME
PM & R UC Irvine Irvine, CA ACGME
PM & R UCLA/ VAGHLA Los Angeles, CA ACGME
PM & R UCLA/VA Los Angeles, CA ACGME
PM & R UTHSCSA San Antonio, TX ACGME

Psychiatry

Psychiatry MCH Erie, PA AOA
Psychiatry Largo Medical Center Largo, FL AOA

Psychiatry LLUMC Loma Linda, CA ACGME
Psychiatry MUSC Charleston, SC ACGME
Psychiatry North Shore- Long Island Jewish Queens, New York ACGME
Psychiatry OHSU Portland, OR ACGME
Psychiatry University of Hawaii Honolulu, Hawaii ACGME
Psychiatry University of Washington Seattle, WA ACGME

Traditional Year

Traditional Year Coney Island Hospital Brooklyn, NY AOA
Traditional Year DRMC Downey, CA AOA
Traditional Year DRMC Downey, CA AOA
Traditional Year GSRMC Corvallis, OR AOA
Traditional Year Palm Beach Center for GME Port St. Lucie, FL AOA
Traditional Year PHLB Long Beach, CA AOA
Traditional Year PHLB Long Beach, CA AOA
Traditional Year Westchester General Miami, FL AOA
Traditional Year Naval Medical Center Portsmouth Portsmouth, VA United States Navy
Traditional Year Naval Medical Center, San Diego San Diego, CA United States Navy
Traditional Year Naval Medical Center, San Diego San Diego, CA United States Navy
Traditional Year Walter Reed National Military Medical Center Bethesda, MD United States Navy

Urology

Urology Detroit Medical Center Detroit, MI AOA

Is it just me or WesternU 2013 match list doesn't loo as impressive as last year 2012..

There aren't as much ACGME matches in IM as last year..

Is it just me or WesternU 2013 match list doesn't loo as impressive as last year 2012..

There aren't as much ACGME matches in IM as last year..

That IM match list really kinda sucks

That IM match list really kinda sucks
Idunno... I was pretty excited about the Harbor-UCLA match. That's only the 2nd DO match in the history of the program (first one was last year from PCOM).

And you have to remember that matching into ACGME IM in CA is pretty competitive.

Idunno... I was pretty excited about the Harbor-UCLA match. That's only the 2nd DO match in the history of the program (first one was last year from PCOM).

And you have to remember that matching into ACGME IM in CA is pretty competitive.

Yeah, we had a NYCOM Peds match there this year! So, def not sucky at all, congrats to that IM match!

Match list from NYCOM- MD neurosurgery at Ohio State, MD orthopedic surgery at UMD, + some other great ones.

-Star
(check out my blog about med school and residency)
www.shortwhiteconfessions.com

Yeah, we had a NYCOM Peds match there this year! So, def not sucky at all, congrats to that IM match!

Congrats to her. She was an OMM teaching fellow, as was the Rush anesthesiology match.

Yeah, she is an awesome scholar!

I see NYCOM there was an IM match at Medstar Franklin. Can anyone speak to how competitive this is?

NYCOM seems to produce a solid match list year in year out

I see NYCOM there was an IM match at Medstar Franklin. Can anyone speak to how competitive this is?

its an university affiliated community hospital so I don't imagine it to be too competitive.

I mean compare 2013 to 2012 or even 2011 match list...I'm just saying it looks like a downgrade compared to last year or the year before...I'm just wondering what happened.. ??

Anesthesiology

Tulane University
St. Luke's Roosevelt, NY
Henry Ford, Detroit
Cleveland Clinic
SUNY HSC
Maimonides- Brooklyn, NY
Univ of PA
Univ of Rochester
Univ of Rochester
St. Lukes-Roosevelt
SUNY HSC
Cleveland Clinic
UConn

Emergency Medicine

St. Luke's PA
Kent Hospital
St. Joseph's NJ
St. Joseph's NJ
Univ at Buffalo
St. Lukes PA
St. Barnabas, NY
St. Joseph's NJ
St. Barnabas
Thomas Jefferson
St. Barnabas
Newark Beth Israel
St. Barnabas
Newark Beth Israel
Einstein Beth Israel, NY
Newark Beth Israel
St. John Providence
Hackensack Univ med ctr
UC Davis Med Center
St. Barnabas
NY Hospital Queens
Einstein/ Beth Israel

FM-EM Combined

St. Barnabas

NeuroSurgery

PCOM Philidelphia
Ohio State Univ

Neurology
North Shore LIJ
North Shore LIJ
North Shore LIJ
North Shore LIJ
Univ Maryland
North SHore LIJ
U Texas Southwestern

Ophthalmology

LECOM/ Florida Osteo
NYP- Weill Cornell
St. John Episcopal

Urological Surgery

Pathology

NYP- Weill Cornell
Cleveland Clinic
Winthrop Univ

Radiology

North Shore LIJ
Larkin
Brookhaven Memorial
Morristown Memorial

General Surgery

NYCOMEC East end
Einstein/ Montefiore, NY
NY Hosp Queens
Flushing Hospital
Lutheran Med center
Palisades med center
Lutheran Med Center
ST. Barnabas
wyckoff heights
St. Joseph's NJ
Wyckoff heights
Flushing med center
NYCOMEC/ East End
Lutheran Med Center

Ortho Surg

Plainview Hospital
Plainview Hospital
Univ of maryland

PM&R

NYU
NUMC
NUMC
Mount Sinai, NY
Stony Brook , NY
Larkin
NUMC
NYU
Mount Sinai
NUMC
NYU
NYU
Baylor- Texas

OB/GYN

Newark Beth Israel
Newark Beth Israel
Univ at Buffalo
Baystate, MA
Wyckoff heights
Lenox Hill
Geisinger Health
Winthrop
Womack Army
Jersey City Med Center
St. Joseph's NJ
Good Samaritan
Good Samaritan

Pediatrics

UCLA- Harbor
Univ Illinois
Stony Brook
NYMC- Westchester
Newark Beth Israel
Good Samaritan
SUNY HSC
Winthrop
NYMC-Westchester
NYMC- Westchester
Good Samaritan
Good Samaritan
Winthrop
Doctors hospital, OH
UConn
Maimonides
Winthrop

psych

Advocate Lutheran
Stony Brook
SUNY Upstate
St. Lukes- Roosevelt
North shore LIJ
Columbia, FL
NYMC- Westchester
NUMC
NUMC
Drexel
Univ at Buffalo
Einstein/ Beth Israel

IM

Dartmouth
Georgetown
UPMC
Lenox hill
St lukes roosevelt
SUNY HSC
NUMC
Coney Island
Stony Brook
SUNY HSC
Southampton
St. Lukes roosevelt
St. Lukes roosevelt
Stony Brook
Saushec brooke army
Stony Brook
Palmetto gen hospital
Geisinger
Medstar franklin square
Lutheran med center
Lenox hill
NY hosp queens
Lenox Hill
Winthrop
NY hosp queens
Southhampton
UPMC presbyterian
NUMC
St. Michael's NJ
SUNY HSC
Stony Brook
NY Hosp queens
St. Lukes roosevelt
Maimonides
SIUH
Lenox hill
Lenox hill
Jersey Shore Med center
Queens Hospital
Queens Hospital
NUMC
Lenox Hill
Corpus Christi. TX
St. Michael's NJ
Mercy Med center IA
Case Western
UMDNJ

FM

Wilson Memorial
Naval hospital pensacola
NUMC
Good Samaritan
Ellis Hospital, NY
St. Johns
St. Johns
Eisenhower army medical
Somerset med center
Christiana care
Long beach med center
Jamaica hospital
St. petersburg gen hosp
NUMC
St. Johns
Plainview, NY
Brookhaven memorial
Wilson memorial
Stony Brook
Inst for fam health, NY
Jamaica hospital, NY
Good Samaritan, NY
Clarion hospital
Emory University
Ellis Hospital
Lutheran med center
Einstein/ beth israel
Ellis hospital
Plainview hospital
RIVERSIDE REGIONAL
university at buffalo
Christ hospital
Long beach
Plainview
brookhaven
mclaren-greater lansing
long beach
Plainview
Brookhaven
Lutheran med center
Ellis hospital
Wilson memorial
Peconic bay med center
Geisinger
Ellis Hospital
Lutheral Med center
Jamaica , NY
St. John episcopal
St. John episcopal

FM/NMM Combined

Southhampton

Medicine-peds combined

Univ at buffalo

psych/early childhood

Drexel

99% matched

how come so few Nslij for IM? Have they stopped taking DOs?

how come so few Nslij for IM? Have they stopped taking DOs?

by so few you mean zero? the one match i see is at a satellite hospital not the main NS-LIJ teaching hospital.

As NYC IM programs have gotten more competitive it has heightened the competition at neighboring programs (monte, LIJ, downstate). That coupled with the absurdly high compensation ($64k + subsidized housing) and "chill" atmosphere at NS-LIJ makes it a very attractive program for US MDs who want to stay near NYC. As a consequence they have pushed out DOs.

Last edited by a moderator:
there was 1

prior to this year most of the nycomers matching to manhasset was done through prematch.

Last edited:
by so few you mean zero? the one match i see is at a satellite hospital not the main NS-LIJ teaching hospital.

As NYC IM programs have gotten more competitive it has heightened the competition at neighboring programs (monte, LIJ, downstate). That coupled with the absurdly high compensation ($64k + subsidized housing) and "chill" atmosphere at NS-LIJ makes it a very attractive program for US MDs who want to stay near NYC. As a consequence they have pushed out DOs.

Almost every IM on that list was an allopathic in NYC. Also as you can tell, not many people wanted IM this year, very specialty heavy

That's the most asinine reasoning I've ever seen. Seriously, why do you even post here? You're not even a DO, you just look for any possible opportunity to bash DOs. I'll echo what others have said in the past: you make no valuable contributions here and should stop posting. It baffles me that you haven't been warned/banned for trolling.

OP: I'm in favor of the following theory: the number of people going to a particular regional program varies on a yearly basis and this may be a down year for a multitude of factors for both applicants and the program.

Because controversy is good for website traffic, page views, advertising revenues. He's a pathological, but very useful, douchebag.

Oh I'm sorry guys. Thought you all actually wanted to hear an opinion from someone who interviewed there and is very familiar with the region. Didn't realize you all only valued nonspecific regurgitations of the most PC "advice" SDN has to offer like this gem:

OP: I'm in favor of the following theory: the number of people going to a particular regional program varies on a yearly basis and this may be a down year for a multitude of factors for both applicants and the program.

I don't think this post is bashing anything at all. In fact, it makes a lot of sense. I hear the same general idea about IM programs in CA, that your chances of getting into a better program / matching at all are going to be a lot higher if you're not opposed to moving out of state.

0/10, jimmies aint even rustled

PHILADELPHIA COLLEGE OF OSTEOPATHIC MEDICINE 2013 MATCH LIST – GEORGIA CAMPUS

Anesthesiology (1)
NSUCOM/Larkin Community Hospital

Emergency Medicine (4)
Columbia Hospital/St. Lucie Medical Center
UMDNJSOM/South Jersey Healthcare
University South Florida COM
York Hospital

Family Medicine (14)
AnMed Health (2)
Floyd Medical Center
Lewis Gale Community Hospital Martin Army Community Hospital NSUCOM/Floyd Medical Center NSUCOM/Largo Medical Center NSUCOM/The Medical Center Pensacola Naval Hospital
South Jersey Healthcare
St. Joseph's Hospital
University of Tennessee COM VCOM/Spartanburg Reg Health Sys (2)
General Surgery (2)
DMC Osteo Division - Sinai Grace Portsmouth Naval Hospital

Internal Medicine (23)
Beaumont Health System
Bethesda Naval Hospital
Camden Clark Medical Center EVVCOM/Blue Ridge Healthcare Greenville Hosp Sys/University of SC LECOM/Sacred Heart Health System (2)
LSU SOM-New Orleans
Norton Community Hospital NSUCOM/Largo Medical Center NSUCOM/North Broward Hospital Dist Oklahoma State University Medical Center
PCOM/Philadelphia Consortium Portsmouth Naval Hospital
South Pointe Hospital St Vincent Hospital
St. James Hospital & Health
University Florida COM
University New Mexico SOM
University of Minnesota Medical School
University of Tennessee Grad SOM UP-KYCOM
NewHanover Reg Med Ctr
Wellington Regional Medical Center

Internship (8)
Delaware County/Crozer-Keystone Mancester Memorial Hospital NSUCOM/Largo Medical Center St. John's Episcopal (2)
Tripler Army Medical Center VCOM/Bluefield Regional Medical Center Manatee Memorial Hospital

Neurology (2)
University Illinois COM University South Florida COM
NMS - OGME1 (1)
Michigan St. U/Col of Osteo Med. EW Sparrow Hosp

Obstetrics-Gynecology (5)
Portsmouth Naval Hospital (2)
Sinai Hospital
Vidant Medical Center/East Carolina Univ Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center

Orthopedic Surgery (1)
South Pointe Hospital

Pathology (2)
University of Alabama Medical Center Virginia Commonwealth Univ Health Sys