♪ ♫ Every Day I'm Shufflin' WW Sign-Ups ♫ ♪

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Disney Music?

• Yes

• Yes

• Nutmeg

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilt

puppy snuggler extraordinaire
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

930751de3d3f7a49b4a94e439c0014f4.jpg

Role-light, itemish, most likely no conversions or third parties, and the concept is being thrown into some sort of coherency (ha) with a couple beers tonight.

Preferably 15-20ish players, likely to start this weekend.

10PM/6AM EST deadlines, and where you sign up doesn't really matter.

------------------------------------- ♫ -------------------------------------​

ROSTER

This Ship Will Carry Our Bodies Safe to Shore

You Let Me Complicate You

Nicknamed it the Porridge

Swayback, and Ripchord and Parachute Face

etc (if needed)...

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an exam next Thursday so I probably shouldn’t, which means of course I will.

ROSTER

6. Jilary

etc (if needed)...

What does voting Nutmeg do?

Reactions: 1 user
ROSTER

6. Jilary
8. AM

etc (if needed)...

1. Dubz
2. @PippyPony
3. @SummerTheLynx
4. @Mad Jack You just gonna vote in the pole and not sign up? :p

6. Jilary
8. AM

Members don't see this ad :)
We'll see how this goes with my work schedule, probably won't be able to check in much during the day anymore

1. Dubz
2. @PippyPony
3. @SummerTheLynx

6. Jilary
7. Allie
8. AM

NewThis Ship Will Carry Our Bodies Safe to Shore
1. Dubz
2. Sporty
3. @SummerTheLynx

5. @PippyPony
6. Jilary
7. Allie
8. AM

Moved Pippy's ping because as much as I HATE Little Talks (wrote a full orchestra arrangement for it in high school and hated every second of it), it's the only song I know.... and also I gotta like make the vet WW wolf team as complete as possible up there. I also really like the number 2.

Since no one is gonna blame me for making excuses before the game starts (I'm looking at LIS), I'm on rotations now, which means I'll be gone... a whole lot more than I was during the last game. However, I am SO PUMPED. Let's DO THIS

@DVMDream so she can lynch me within the first three posts for tradition's sake.

Edit: jk I see she already saw this thread

Since no one is gonna blame me for making excuses before the game starts (I'm looking at LIS), I'm on rotations now, which means I'll be gone... a whole lot more than I was during the last game. However, I am SO PUMPED. Let's DO THIS

@DVMDream so she can lynch me within the first three posts for tradition's sake.

Edit: jk I see she already saw this thread

Not joining this one. I'll still lynch you though just because I can. ;)

Also, being on rotations is a lie I see that c/o 2021 under your name....they aren't in rotations yet. ;) :p

Not joining this one. I'll still lynch you though just because I can. ;)

Also, being on rotations is a lie I see that c/o 2021 under your name....they aren't in rotations yet. ;) :p
You better.

And see, that's why Illinois is better than any other vet school. We get a quarter of rotations both first and second years. :p

1. Dubz
2. Sporty
3. @SummerTheLynx
4. @PippyPony

6. Jilary
7. Allie
8. AM

11. genny

(though i prefer my music without lyrics)

1. Dubz
2. Sporty
3. SummerTheLynx
4. Mad Jack

5. PippyPony
6. Jilary
7. Allie
8. AM

9. Snowy

Moved Pippy's ping because as much as I HATE Little Talks (wrote a full orchestra arrangement for it in high school and hated every second of it), it's the only song I know.... and also I gotta like make the vet WW wolf team as complete as possible up there. I also really like the number 2.
Expand your knowledge! ;)

Reactions: 1 users
1. Dubz
2. Sporty
3. SummerTheLynx
4. Mad Jack

5. PippyPony
6. Jilary
7. Allie
8. AM

9. Snowy

Snipping genny of the list, are we? ;)

I'm not convinced that rotations that early really helps. But I could be wrong.
Half of it is technical skill/scheduled rotations like surgical skills (sterile technique, suturing, gowning, dehorning, castration, etc) and small animal physical exam and stuff, and the other half are random rotations where we basically shadow different areas of the teaching hospital. I suppose mileage varies for everyone based on their 4th years and faculty, but I personally feel that I've learned a lot already, and we're just finishing up week 3 of 8. Sitting in on case rounds in internal medicine is really interesting this week, even if I don't necessarily understand everything... and my assigned fourth year this week has been super fantastic on quizzing me on basic things, encouraging me to start thinking like a clinician, and letting me practice my PCV/TPs and blood draws and charting. They don't treat 1st and 2nd year rotations like they do senior rotations-- because I agree... it would be pointless, then. But the idea is kind of to just get our feet wet and help us see different areas of practice we haven't seen before we have to decide on a track.

I worked at a small animal clinic for quite some time prior to coming here, but being thrown into a full-fledged teaching hospital is an entirely different experience, and I'm so grateful that I have the chance early on. It gives me a better idea of what to expect as a 4th year, and it sticks me in things I wouldn't necessary choose for myself. I'm glad I have the opportunity to change my feelings about cattle NOW, rather than getting to 3rd/4th year and realizing it then.

Sorry for the wall of text; I just honestly can't speak enough good about the way U of I goes about their academics.
Expand your knowledge! ;)

The best part is that I even have a few Regina songs on my ipod haha. Whoops

Half of it is technical skill/scheduled rotations like surgical skills (sterile technique, suturing, gowning, dehorning, castration, etc) and small animal physical exam and stuff, and the other half are random rotations where we basically shadow different areas of the teaching hospital. I suppose mileage varies for everyone based on their 4th years and faculty, but I personally feel that I've learned a lot already, and we're just finishing up week 3 of 8. Sitting in on case rounds in internal medicine is really interesting this week, even if I don't necessarily understand everything... and my assigned fourth year this week has been super fantastic on quizzing me on basic things, encouraging me to start thinking like a clinician, and letting me practice my PCV/TPs and blood draws and charting. They don't treat 1st and 2nd year rotations like they do senior rotations-- because I agree... it would be pointless, then. But the idea is kind of to just get our feet wet and help us see different areas of practice we haven't seen before we have to decide on a track.

I worked at a small animal clinic for quite some time prior to coming here, but being thrown into a full-fledged teaching hospital is an entirely different experience, and I'm so grateful that I have the chance early on. It gives me a better idea of what to expect as a 4th year, and it sticks me in things I wouldn't necessary choose for myself. I'm glad I have the opportunity to change my feelings about cattle NOW, rather than getting to 3rd/4th year and realizing it then.

Sorry for the wall of text; I just honestly can't speak enough good about the way U of I goes about their academics.

Yeah, that is all cool. The schools I went to taught the technical stuff and surgical skills as part of an actual class. And I am sure it is interesting sitting in on rounds and things as a first/second year. I am sure second year you can probably start applying things a little bit better. Probably the biggest benefit is what you are saying... the exposure to that type of setting. I don't know how big Illinois is, but I know during fourth year if they also attempted to cram in some first/second year students too it would have been miserable space wise and I can't guarantee I wouldn't have strangled someone simply from a claustrophobic panic attack. Hopefully Illinois has very large rounds rooms.

NewThis Ship Will Carry Our Bodies Safe to Shore
1. Dubz
2. Sporty
3. @SummerTheLynx

5. @PippyPony
6. Jilary
7. Allie
8. AM

You're lucky you're my pup :p

Reactions: 2 users
1. Dubz
2. Sporty
3. SummerTheLynx
4. Mad Jack - needs confirmation

5. PippyPony
6. Jilary
7. Allie
8. AM

9. Snowy

1. Dubz
2. Sporty
3. SummerTheLynx

5. PippyPony
6. Jilary
7. Allie
8. AM

9. Snowy
11. genny

My work schedule is changing drastically this week and I know I won't have time to play. :( If there is a spectator chat can I join?

This was fated, one of Pory's nicknames is Porridge.

1. Dubz
2. Sporty
3. SummerTheLynx

5. PippyPony
6. Jilary
7. Allie
8. AM

9. Snowy
10. FS
11. genny

Reactions: 2 users
I could consider playing this game but with two tests next week + being an emotional wreck right now I probably would not be as active a player as I really should be :thinking:

1. Dubz
2. Sporty
3. SummerTheLynx

5. PippyPony
6. Jilary
7. Allie
8. AM

9. Snowy
10. FS
11. genny
12. Crayola

Thanks for the mention, @Animal Midwife

I think @rabbott1971 might be the other "noob" who wants to play. I've always thought he was pretty darn funny and therefore fun to play with, even when he's pulling weird noob stuff.

I am totally bummed @DVMDream isn't playing. Is @LetItSnow? I'll miss making them crazy with my "logic" their logic.

And let me say while there is zero chance that I am not a wolf: my work schedule has really ramped up this week, and I don't know how quiet/not quiet I'll be as a result. My hours could be weird.

Last edited:
I could consider playing this game but with two tests next week + being an emotional wreck right now I probably would not be as active a player as I really should be :thinking:
But it's been soooo long!

if it really is a **** time for a lot of players I'm not heartbroken to not run this. I just came up with something silly. :)

1. Dubz
2. Sporty
3. SummerTheLynx

5. PippyPony
6. Jilary
7. Allie
8. AM

9. Snowy
10. FS
11. genny
12. Crayola

13. Paws

Sent from my Moto E (4) using SDN mobile

Thanks for the mention, @Animal Midwife

I think @rabbott1971 might be the other "noob" who wants to play. I've always thought he was pretty darn funny and therefore fun to play with, even when he's pulling weird noob stuff.

I am totally bummed @DVMDream isn't playing. Is @LetItSnow? I'll miss making them crazy with my "logic" their logic.

And let me say while there is zero chance that I am not a wolf: my work schedule has really ramped up this week, and I don't know how quiet/not quiet I'll be as a result. My hours could be weird.

Soooo... you're a wolf?

Yeah, that is all cool. The schools I went to taught the technical stuff and surgical skills as part of an actual class. And I am sure it is interesting sitting in on rounds and things as a first/second year. I am sure second year you can probably start applying things a little bit better. Probably the biggest benefit is what you are saying... the exposure to that type of setting. I don't know how big Illinois is, but I know during fourth year if they also attempted to cram in some first/second year students too it would have been miserable space wise and I can't guarantee I wouldn't have strangled someone simply from a claustrophobic panic attack. Hopefully Illinois has very large rounds rooms.
Unfortunately, most of the rounds rooms are pretty small, but it's not completely awful. There's 8 4th years and 4 1st years on my rotation right now, and the faculty and residents/interns that pop in and out. When everyone is in there, it's a little hard to move around, it's manageable. :)

1. Dubz
2. Sporty
3. SummerTheLynx

5. PippyPony
6. Jilary
7. Allie
8. AM

9. Snowy