1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

0-6 Program for a BA grad

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by AtomicLuv, Mar 25, 2007.

1. AtomicLuv

AtomicLuv Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    hello all.

Another question.
    does it make any sense to apply to 0-6 programs once you have already graduated with a BA in Biology? Do these programs even accept people with BA's or college experience?

I ask because I am very nervous I won't get accepted anywhere the first time around, and because I really want to stay within 4-5 hrs of NYC (my home), and there really aren't that many private pharmacy schools that freely accept transfers.

what do you all think?

thanks! :idea:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. AtomicLuv

AtomicLuv Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    and may I just add that I made such a huge mistake by not applying to a 0-6 program out of hs because I had 1320 SAT, a 3.9 average and was #17 in a class of over 700 students, and now I am just another "average" transfer candidate...anyone else in this boat? :(

4. abt04

abt04 member
    2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    i was in that boat earlier. i was gonna apply to a 0-6 program at my second year of college cuz i didnt have any science classes under my belt, but they said that once you even have college credit after highschool (not including credit you got from a CC while in highschool), and you wouldnt qualify.

but to be really sure you should just ask the school directly.

5. Dr.Biassi

2+ Year Member

Post Doc
    Most of them don't accept transfer students. I talk to a couple of them that accept transfers student, they said they will be accepting 2 to 5 students because not many students drop out of the program. And those seats are highly competitive.
    I think you should have applied to the 6 years program if you knew from the beginning that you wanted to be a pharmacist. In NY we don't have that many 4 years program but albany and Buffalo. The rest is 6 years and they accept few transfers.

6. AtomicLuv

AtomicLuv Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I had no idea what I wanted to do straight out of hs! :eek:

7. omnione

omnione SDN Pharmoderator
    Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Transfers are rare in 0+6 schools. I did get an interview at Drake, which is a 0+6 school. However, even that school admits that they only take 10-20 transfers a year.

If staying close to home is your priority and you have the money, it's better to try than not to try at all even if your chances are very slim.