• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

Lecithin5

5+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2015
Never really saw this until recently at a surgical center. Anyone ever use it for surgical anesthetic blocks? Obviously not ideal as compared to ropi, but from a purely onset and dense/efficacious standpoint, how would you rank the following (let's say, for a single shot supraclavicular): 20cc of 0.75% bupi vs. 20 cc of 0.75% ropi vs. a combo of 10cc 0.5% bupi plus 10cc of 2% lido?

Skip2myLou

10+ Year Member
Aug 10, 2004
Status (Visible)
I've never used 0.75% for anything besides retrobulbars/peribulbars . I guess 10 ml of 0.75% is not terribly high total amount of bupivicaine but I'd rather use 20 ml 0.5% ropi/bupi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user

ZzzPlz

10+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2010
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
For time of onset I'd rather mix in some 2% lido rather than higher concentration bupi. We have a busy hand surgeon at our surgery center and I'll do supraclav or axillary blocks when we get in room and are hooking up monitors and the patient is ready for a MAC by the time the drapes go up

About the Ads
D

deleted162650

I didn't think 0.75 bupi was still commercially available except for the heavy spinal kit vials. There were a few OB deaths from epidural use of 0.75%. Even though total dose may be the same, a little squirt intravascular with the super concentrated stuff = :dead:.

Lecithin5

5+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2015
I didn't think 0.75 bupi was still commercially available except for the heavy spinal kit vials. There were a few OB deaths from epidural use of 0.75%. Even though total dose may be the same, a little squirt intravascular with the super concentrated stuff = :dead:.
Interestingly, the medical supply company that the asc uses readily sells 20 cc vials of 0.75 bupi, but not ropi of the same concentration. I was surprised by that

About the Ads
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.