1.2 gpa 7 mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tentomruler

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Took the MCAT and did better than I had on my practice tests - a 7 (2B,1P,4V)

My GPA is 1.2 with a decent trend upwards (0.9 freshman year up to a 1.5 senior year)

I job shadowed an MD for two days and have a friend who has down syndrome so I'm pretty much set with my ECs.

I have just applied to Washington U and Harvard as my top choices.

I also applied to John Hopkins as a back-up choice.

My question is, do you think I should apply to another school as a back-up option (such as Yale), or do you think I can bank on getting into at least one of those 3 aforementioned schools?

Members don't see this ad.

You're that bored...? It's a Friday night, go out and have some fun.

Hi all,

My GPA is 1.2 with a decent trend upwards (0.9 freshman year up to a 1.5 senior year)

I job shadowed an MD for two days and have a friend who has down syndrome so I'm pretty much set with my ECs.

My question is, do you think I should apply to another school as a back-up option (such as Yale), or do you think I can bank on getting into at least one of those 3 aforementioned schools?

You are extremely non-traditional. This can only be to your advantage. You need something to set you apart from the pack and I believe your numbers do this very well. You might as well throw in Mayo and UCSF since you will be a shoe-in at both but it's up to you.

Members don't see this ad :)
You are extremely non-traditional. This can only be to your advantage. You need something to set you apart from the pack and I believe your numbers do this very well. You might as well throw in Mayo and UCSF since you will be a shoe-in at both but it's up to you.

I was thinking of applying to Mayo, but I really don't want to sell myself short.

Hi all,

Your stats are amazing. I think I should be shadowing you instead of MD's.

The fact that your Verbal score is higher than both of your sciences combined is extremely uncommon. This can only mean that you have superior critical thinking skills compared to other applicants. I recommend that you cut Yale just to save some money. Can you get your Down's syndrome friend to write you a LOR?

Have you ever considered a career in potions?

I see no problem. You'll probably even get a free ride

Members don't see this ad :)
2qwh6qh.jpg

I withdrew my interview from harvard, but I sent an xrated pic of me and my wife and they said that they have an ancient bylaw that states they have to give interviews to people that do that, and actually about 90% of schools do it that way. My stats were a little better, but you should be solid.

Danggggg if I had your stats I wouldn't even have to worry about getting in or not, the outcome's so predictable!!

Bro...Uwash accept errybody...

You have got to be kidding me.....

I've seen lots of bad trolls in my day.

This one beats them all.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

You missed the point. Not really a troll. More like a troll parody. Kinda meta...

Still. Thread is lame. 0/10. Lacks lulz.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Hi all,

You don't have a chance at ANY of those schools. I'd say do a post-bacc, get that GPA up, re-take the MCAT after studying a LOT, and apply broadly. Maybe even do an SMP. Good luck.

:laugh:

OP, very witty and great parody post.

I kind of thought this was a parody of a troll parody.

Status
Not open for further replies.