1 month left!! what do you guys think?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

splashpea

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

So I'm taking the MCAT April 16th, and as of today there is exactly 1 month left! I'm taking the classroom course with Kaplan and so far my scores on the practice tests have been:

Diag: 22
FL 1: 25
FL 2: 25
Fl 6: 26
FL 7: 23 (eep)
FL 8: 28
FL 9: 26

As you guys can see, my scores have kind of hit a plateau around the mid to high 20's range...so i decided to stop taking FL's and focus more on the content...

I have one month left..do you think it's reasonable to get a score of 33?

I'm using EK 101 passages for the verbal, and then I am going to do all of the section tests that Kaplan has to offer...In addition, I will also complete all of the full lengths that Kaplan offers (I think there are a total of 19 or something) I"m not crazy, just dedicated :)

Luckily, I have no exams in my classes until AFTER the MCAT which is a huge relief too!!

Do you think that a 33 is possible with one month left??

Members don't see this ad.

good luck dude...i'm in the same boat as you
we april -16'ers can do it!

Getting away from the full-lengths for a little bit was a big help for me. So, I think you'll definitely see a big improvement if u focus on content for a little while and then go back to full-lengths (I'm an April 7er, so I am right there with you). We can do it ! we're almost there!

From what I know as a former Kaplan student the Kaplan FL's are slightly more difficult than the actual test, so your score on the actual MCAT could be higher than your FL's if you study very hard the next month.

Members don't see this ad :)
someone needs to start a thread just for us april 16ers and what we do everyday and junk

Hey all,

So I'm taking the MCAT April 16th, and as of today there is exactly 1 month left! I'm taking the classroom course with Kaplan and so far my scores on the practice tests have been:

Diag: 22
FL 1: 25
FL 2: 25
Fl 6: 26
FL 7: 23 (eep)
FL 8: 28
FL 9: 26

As you guys can see, my scores have kind of hit a plateau around the mid to high 20's range...so i decided to stop taking FL's and focus more on the content...

I have one month left..do you think it's reasonable to get a score of 33?

I'm using EK 101 passages for the verbal, and then I am going to do all of the section tests that Kaplan has to offer...In addition, I will also complete all of the full lengths that Kaplan offers (I think there are a total of 19 or something) I"m not crazy, just dedicated :)

Luckily, I have no exams in my classes until AFTER the MCAT which is a huge relief too!!

Do you think that a 33 is possible with one month left??

Definitely possible!! I think that's a good plan to back off the FL's for awhile and bone up on content. I predict a smashing score on your first one back.

Is everyone doing the old full lengths from Kaplan because thats what I have but it takes up a lot of time that the real test wont really take up, but I guess the practice is good. Anyways Im an april 12ther and im in the mid twenties range trying to get in the 30s club are you guys doing a FL a day? Is it overkill or should it be one day practice one day correct. I want to score good but also stay sane LOL but also if thats whats gotta be done then so be it.

How are your guy's schedules going as far as the last month especially how often are you are doing full lengths ? And if there are any 30+ score people feel free to lay on the advice LOL.:D

Is everyone doing the old full lengths from Kaplan because thats what I have but it takes up a lot of time that the real test wont really take up, but I guess the practice is good. Anyways Im an april 12ther and im in the mid twenties range trying to get in the 30s club are you guys doing a FL a day? Is it overkill or should it be one day practice one day correct. I want to score good but also stay sane LOL but also if thats whats gotta be done then so be it.

How are your guy's schedules going as far as the last month especially how often are you are doing full lengths ? And if there are any 30+ score people feel free to lay on the advice LOL.:D

They are probably referring to the new Kaplan CBT test format for the FL 1-12.:)