1 month till test.. 13 CBTs to take..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

axp107

UCLA>> Italian Pryde
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well.. there's Kaplans FL 3- 9 and... AAMC CBT 5-10 to take

Can anyone suggest the most efficient way to go about taking these.. or if its even advisable to take all of these :laugh:

I'm thinking I should do Kaplan's FL until #5... then take the rest of the CBTs.. and if I have time, take rest of Kaplans..

Members don't see this ad.

Hi. U have a month to study, correct? So, my suggestion is take a practice test every 2 - 3 days - every 3 days at first and then every two days toward the end. This will allow you to practice using most, if not all, the exams, go over them entirely afterward and review science material content areas where you seem to miss the most questions. That's my 2 cents.....good luck to you, I'm sure you'll do great!

Can anyone suggest the most efficient way to go about taking these.. or if its even advisable to take all of these :laugh:

I'm thinking I should do Kaplan's FL until #5... then take the rest of the CBTs.. and if I have time, take rest of Kaplans..

God I am so stressed... I haven't taken any CBTs yet... and I've only done about 50 of all the EK 1001 problems! :scared: Any advice for me? Is it even possible to prepare in a month?

Members don't see this ad :)
God I am so stressed... I haven't taken any CBTs yet... and I've only done about 50 of all the EK 1001 problems! :scared: Any advice for me? Is it even possible to prepare in a month?

I studied for just a little over a month and I thought it was ok. Just study at a good pace, and that does NOT mean burning out by studying like 12 hours straight. I get my scores tomorrow, which might explain why I can't sleep, but I will let ya know how that worked out for me. Hopefully, for the both of us I guess, it worked out ok :)

if you"re running out of time and you have a certain weak section, take the CBTs piecemeal and do only the sections you want to (ie. just VR).

My advice is to work about six of them.

That is enough practice to be used to the MCAT style and have a practice range of scores to see where you are.

I would take AAMC 8,9,10 and then three of the Kaplans because many here say the actual MCAT has feelings of both recently.

Also, make sure you have the content down and are not just taking practice tests because you are supposed to.

Lastly, I would say think about the test and ways to eliminate answers quickly and get to the right answer. I am starting to realize that even though I do not really know the answer I can look at the answer choices and guess it down to 50% pretty easy. :luck:

I'm takin it on August 6th and am pretty much takin one every other day which means 11 maybe 12 tests..I've taken most of the "important" Kaplan ones..the last two weeks Im only doin AAMCs

Are these the computer based tests you are talking about?
https://services.aamc.org/Publicati...log.displayProductList&queryType=TC&chr_id=22

And do you have to sign up for a Kaplan class to get those other kaplan ones

For those that are not reccomending taking too many practice exams since it may "burn you out"..what do you suggest? I have three weeks left..have gone over all of the material..not sure what else I can do besides do practice problems

For those that are not reccomending taking too many practice exams since it may "burn you out"..what do you suggest? I have three weeks left..have gone over all of the material..not sure what else I can do besides do practice problems

It's up to you, but I'd think you'd be better served to take a reasonable amount of practice exams so you can further diagnose your weaknesses. One every couple of days, review the weak points; i.e. the topics you're getting wrong on these tests that are indicative of the need to learn more about the topic, do some practice problems on that topic from somewhere (might be EK's 1001 books, Kaplan's sectionals, TPR workbook, etc.) until you feel confident with that topic. Basically, eliminate as many weaknesses as you can so you're less likely to be exposed on the actual test. So if you think along these lines, taking 11 tests in 3 weeks might not be a great idea but maybe 4-5 tests over 2 weeks with review in between seems reasonable. Its entirely up to you and how you think you'll respond, you could do even more but I definitely don't suggest doing 11 tests in 3 weeks.. you run the very real risk of burning out mere days before D-Day.

Wow...im taking 1 every day up untill my real thing which is on aug 14! Ive taken 3 so far and think I have gotten better! But, tommorow I think I am going to switch it it up a bit!