1 months until Ochem!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

P0W3RL1FT3R

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey SDN,

I'm planning on using Chads 2012 Organic Chemistry videos/outline/quizzes to prepare for the upcoming semester of Ochem. These are the College Chemestries, not Pre-Health/DAT.

I was just wondering what sections of Chads I should review without touching material I would see in Ochem2. I'm not sure if I should do exactly half of the videos due to the fact I'm not sure if they're in a particular order.

If it helps, the general topixs for first semester at my school are as followed..
Introductory organic chemistry: covalent bonding; organic nomenclature; sterochemistry; representative functional groups; molecules of biological importance such as alcohols, aldehydes, ketones, carboxylic acids, amines, carbohydrates.

Tips for studying are always helpful & thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

They are in pretty standard order and extremely helpful.

Awesome!
My universities site is being updated so I don't have access to the actual schedule of the class at the moment, just what I recall my professor saying will be covered. Hopefully viewing just the first 9 sections of Chads videos will be good!
Thanks for the reply

Hey SDN,

I'm planning on using Chads 2012 Organic Chemistry videos/outline/quizzes to prepare for the upcoming semester of Ochem. These are the College Chemestries, not Pre-Health/DAT.

I was just wondering what sections of Chads I should review without touching material I would see in Ochem2. I'm not sure if I should do exactly half of the videos due to the fact I'm not sure if they're in a particular order.

If it helps, the general topixs for first semester at my school are as followed..
Introductory organic chemistry: covalent bonding; organic nomenclature; sterochemistry; representative functional groups; molecules of biological importance such as alcohols, aldehydes, ketones, carboxylic acids, amines, carbohydrates.

hope you're planning to take English 101 too

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey SDN,

Personally I found the book Ochm as a 2nd language amazing resource. you can find it for a couple bucks on amazon. Got a 97 in ochm!

Reactions: 3 users
Make sure you learn to follow the electrons rather than just memorizing reactions... will make your year hella easier.

DAT Orgo will probably be nothing like the orgo you will see at your institution. I believe that DAT orgo is very basic. It just tests your general knowledge of various areas. In your actual orgo class, it'll go much more in depth with possibly more challenging questions and rxns. Make sure you pay attention during lab though because you'll be set for the 'Lab techniques and Spectroscopy' part of the exam. You basically cover all of this in lab multiple times, melting pt, extraction, crystallization, TLC, gas chromatography, distillation, IR, NMR, etc.

Just show up the first day and stay on top of it. There is no point to start studying before. Go outside and do something.

hope you're planning to take English 101 too

This is a forum, who cares? I wrote the op while taking a shower with my life proof. Now I'm simultaneously typing & shoveling cereal into my mouth. Deal wiff it boi

Just show up the first day and stay on top of it. There is no point to start studying before. Go outside and do something.

I'm done with work for the summer. I have plenty of spare time to study ahead and still have a social life :)

Personally I found the book Ochm as a 2nd language amazing resource. you can find it for a couple bucks on amazon. Got a 97 in ochm!

I was actually looking into that! Chad just breaks everything up so nicely I decided to stick with him since I only have a month.

Also, it's his college course category, not prehealth! Hopefully he goes into enough depth