1 week left

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neutropeniaboy

Blasted ENT Attending
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, folks, I have one week left of my my medical student career. That's it. The radiology rotation ends, and then it's party time until I graduate. Oh, how I will sleep. Oh, how I will eat. Oh, how I will start losing SO much money...

Anyone else finishing up now?

Members don't see this ad.

...I'm finishing my second year next week!

Can't wait to be done with the lecture halls. I'll have a week of spring break, then my first rotation starts on April 1, at which point I'll officially be an MS III.

Congrats to neutropeniaboy on being done early... hope you'll find a nice beach somewhere to kill a few months before graduation.

How in the world can you be officially done at the end of March? Amazing. I'm freaking jealous.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm done at the end of March. Officially, even. :wink: I know you can't stock up on sleep, but I'm sure as hell going to try! (God knows I'm going to miss it for the next 5 years/rest of my life.)

You guys are soooo lucky! I have to do a month of anesthesia yet...should be pretty fun, but it's still going to require getting out of bed in the morning. Good luck next Thursday to those of you who are matching...

6 days til match. 46 days til the last day of anesthesia. Doing radioholiday right now...

Not that I'm counting or anything...
Kristi
OB2B

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Peustow:
•How in the world can you be officially done at the end of March? Amazing. I'm freaking jealous.•••••Well, I matched early and didn't take any time off to interview or study for the boards.

I just went to the wrong med school when it comes to 4th year. Although rotations are much easier now, we got no time off for interviews (we were told to schedule them during our 2 weeks of vacation and on weekends :mad: ). No one I knew took off any time for boards and early matchers get "no love". Oh well, that's the way it goes.

6 days til match and still too many to count for graduation.

Forgive the ignorance of an MS-I, but how do you early match and when do you find out if you got it? I'm interested b/c my wife will be graduating from law school and looking for a job at the same time I will be matching. It would be really nice if I could tell her ahead of time and let her focus her applications to a particular city...

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Hercules:
•Forgive the ignorance of an MS-I, but how do you early match and when do you find out if you got it? I'm interested b/c my wife will be graduating from law school and looking for a job at the same time I will be matching. It would be really nice if I could tell her ahead of time and let her focus her applications to a particular city...•••••There is an early match only for a handful of specialties. If you're in the military, you match early. If you're a civilian and applying for a residency in otolaryngology, ophthalmology, neurology, neurosurgery, or urology, you match early. Everyone else is matched in March.