1 year MPH programs.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LatinGuitarrist

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys, do you know of any 1 year MPH programs? If so, more or less, what are the pre-reqs/gpa to get in..

Ed

Members don't see this ad.

UNTHSC doesn't have a one-year MPH program per se but I know a girl who did hers in two summer semesters, 1 fall sem and 1 spring. http://www.hsc.unt.edu

Members don't see this ad :)
Hopkins is 11months. It is very intense, but one of the best!

I'm in the part-time program but some of my TAs were in the full-time program. It is amazing if you're up for the challenge!

Guys, do you know of any 1 year MPH programs? If so, more or less, what are the pre-reqs/gpa to get in..

Ed

does anyone know if the GWU or BU programs can be completed in one year?

can any of the programs under SOPHAS be completed in one year?

does anyone know if the GWU or BU programs can be completed in one year?

can any of the programs under SOPHAS be completed in one year?

I was able to finish GW's MPH program in 1.5 years, where the final 'half year' was dedicated to a summer internship which was a part of the graduation requirement when I went there (I'm not sure if this requirement has changed). I started during a Winter semester (mid-January start date) and took a full class load all the way through, that is: first Winter semester, two Summer semesters, Fall semester, the following Winter semester, and finally a summer internship.
I think the vast majority of the MPH programs @ GW could be completed in about a year, but this also depends on what your concentration is (i.e. epidemiology, biostats, global health etc.), and whether or not you're able to be a full-time student. There are also a few classes (like the 'Biological Basis of Health' course) that you can even place out of depending on your science background, thus making your pursuit of the degree even shorter.
I hope this helps you a bit, but you should also visit the GW School of Public Health website, as it has a pretty good breakdown of how most programs are structured (not to mention that a few things may have changed since I graduated!).
And if I could just add another $0.02 to this post, I have to say that I absolutely LOVED going to GW--DC is a wonderful city, and Foggy Bottom is literally situated in the middle of all things health related--you can walk to the World Health Organizaiton, hop on the metro and go to the NIH, find a nice NGO to work/volunteer for on the weekends...in short, the possibilities are endless!
Hope you're able to find what you're looking for, & best of luck to you!