Mar 25, 2021
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Hi guys! I'm currently a third year in college and planning to attend medical school after a 1 year gap year. I'm extremely interested in public health, so naturally I'm looking into obtaining my MPH. Do you guys have a list of the best 1 Year MPH programs for students straight out of undergraduate? I've tried to look but I haven't been able to find any resources for it.

sGPA: 3.6
cGPA: 3.75
MCAT: 92%

Thanks!

Sep 15, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Most MPH programs that are 1 year require students to already have a higher degree (MD or JD) or significant (5+ years) experience in public health. So you'd likely only be eligible for 2 year programs.

If you're set on medical school I'd recommend either a masters of science/special masters program (MS/SMP) or getting some clinical/research experience during your gap year. It will be a lot easier to get your MPH after you become a doctor, and the MPH does not help much with medical school admissions.

About the Ads

Pwny

pew pew pew!
10+ Year Member
Mar 30, 2009
I applied this cycle and targeted 1 year programs for the same reasons. Here are some off the top of my head:

1. JHU Full-Time MPH
2. Harvard MPH (45 credits)
3. Columbia Accelerated MPH
4. Yale Advanced Professional MPH
5. UC Davis Generalist MPH
6. Northwestern Full-Time MPH
7. Dartmouth MPH

I suggest doing some digging on the school websites. Duration of program can vary depending on the track you choose too. And like one of the commenters above, some of these programs do require "x" years of post-bacc/public health experience!

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.