10th batch. No Interviews, but no rejections either.. Still early or should I expect the worst?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bear_Down

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So my mail out date was 08/28 (10th batch), I applied to 20 schools, and submitted all of my supplemental apps. I have only heard back from Midwestern-AZ with a waitlist for interview email(seemed automated). I have not yet heard from all the other schools, not even rejection emails.
Should I start to call the schools to check on my status or is it still too early based on my late submission?

Thanks! I'd really appreciate the advise.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

So my mail out date was 08/28 (10th batch), I applied to 20 schools, and submitted all of my supplemental apps. I have only heard back from Midwestern-AZ with a waitlist for interview email(seemed automated). I have not yet heard from all the other schools, not even rejection emails.
Should I start to call the schools to check on my status or is it still too early based on my late submission?

Thanks! I'd really appreciate the advise.

Not going to lie, at this point I'm pretty sure we're past the halfway point in terms of fraction of total interviews given out. That being said, there's still a decent chance hearing back for post-dec interviews.

it depends on whether schools want to give you a chance or not.. no one can say because we don't know your application and we don't know what each school's looking for.
I don't think the batch number has as great of an impact as the overall quality of the applicant.

There's someone with average stats that got 10 interviews already. He must have a great overall application that many schools liked.
While someone with a 25 DAT posted recently that he only has 3 post-dec interviews so far.

Even though it seems like a crapshoot, it's really not because we're not really playing the stats game here. If you have a good application, just find a way to make time pass...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the responses!

So do most schools send out rejection emails right after reviewing/denying your application? Because I still haven't received a single rejection email from any school, thats why I'm a little confused...

i applied to 21 schools.. so far i got 1 interview (10/05), 2 rejections, 2 deferred, 16 no response.

from my personal experience, i got an interview at a school that finishes all of their interviews pre-dec. maybe it has something to do with why it's my first and only interview so far.
also, i think most schools don't send rejections right away.
two schools that rejected me happen to be the schools that accept almost all of the interviewed applicants.
not sure if that plays a part in the rejection but something i keep thinking about.

a lot of it is just guessing and worrying as you can see... just gotta find a way to vent the stress until we get at least one acceptance

Last edited:
What are your stats? Most schools don't send or update rejection/waitlist info until after Dec 1st. To not have anything by now after applying to 20 schools is probably not the best news. Is there something on your app that might stand out as a red flag?

I was also in the 10th batch.
Try not to worry until you have to (which is easier said than done). But lots of schools send post December interviews sometimes into march and April. You applied to a good number of schools which is beneficial. I don't know your stats but I hope you hear from more schools soon!:thumbup:

My stats are pretty low.. oGPA 3.2 sGPA 3.15 DAT: (AA/TS/PAT/RC) 19/20/23/17

So do you guys think I should call the schools or will I seem impatient?

My stats are pretty low.. oGPA 3.2 sGPA 3.15 DAT: (AA/TS/PAT/RC) 19/20/23/17

So do you guys think I should call the schools or will I seem impatient?
Your stats aren't bad. I contacted one of the schools I applied to and received an invite from that school a week later.
Coincidence? I have no idea. But it can't hurt.

Your stats aren't bad. I contacted one of the schools I applied to and received an invite from that school a week later.
Coincidence? I have no idea. But it can't hurt.
Hi! What exactly did you ask them when you called?

I had my application sent out around the same time last year, ended up with 3 interviews, and 3 acceptances. Interviews were: 1 in Dec, and 2 in Feb. Had a 20 DAT and 3.5 uGPA and 3.8 grad GPA.