12 Leads!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NeuroPA

PA-C
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am a current PA student training in New England and I had some questions for the emergency folks out there. I am extremely fascinated with EKGs and wanted some advice on mastery of the subject. As a PA, I understand that growth within a specific subject area is obtained through experience and personal study. But I would like some recommendations on additional courses and books for advanced understanding.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Groove’s suggestion is an excellent place to start; however, once you’re done with that, I would strongly recommend reading Stephen Smith’s ECG blog, and literally just read all of his posts. Just doing that has made me light years better at reading ECGs compared to colleagues and most cardiologists. The guy is a wizard as is his protege Pendell Meyers.

The first two ekg books I ever read we’re Dublin and the only ekg book you’ll need. The latter one was much more helpful in actually understanding the ekg. The former one was only useful in being able to read an EKG.