This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ms.WorryWart

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello guys: so my situation is this.

My senior year (this year) I have been taking a very light load of classes because I was practically done with my degree.

So fall 2016, I took cell biology and ecology and had my research go for a graded credit.

I got an A in cell bio but a B in ecology which I thought looked awful since I wasn't even taking a full course of classes, but there wasn't much I could do after the fact.

This semester I took 3 science courses. One of them I had to drop because it was incredibly hard that I was bound to make a C. I never dropped a course in my life so this was my first drop. So now I am down to 2 classes that I am taking. One of them I am afraid I might get a B+ in which again reiterates my fear of it looking really bad because I am only taking 2 classes!

Do you think this will significantly hurt my chances in med school.

I am also taking the June 30th MCAT and will not have my scores out until August 1st. I will be submitting my app for verification around June 20th so it could get verified before my scores come out and I can then quickly send to med schools. So med schools will have my application + MCAT in august to review.

Do you think that combined with my ****ty senior semester is going to hurt my chances. Thanks guys.

Just focus on your MCAT. :) I would not worry much.

Status
Not open for further replies.