This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black_Mamba

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am a current applicant, but here are my thoughts....

1.5 years of research seems pretty low to me. You want as much research as possible and more recent experience is probably better. Quality of research also matters, and by quality I mean how much influence you had on decisions and experiments (rather than acting as essentially a tech). I would focus on continuing to get research experience. The rest of your application sounds like it could be great if written well.

Are you continuing your research through to June/July? The extra 6 months would help, I would continue to do research as long as possible to get research hours as high as possible. Applying next cycle may make you a fringe candidate simply because of research, but if you keep doing research and score well on your MCAT a 2020 matriculation seems very likely.

yes research at any respectable academic setting will "count" sotospeak. Any university in the UK certainly qualifies.

515+ MCAT score and you will have a pretty competitive app overall. 520+ and u will have a very competitive app. You are probably fine on research experience at 1.5 years.

Any other advice on how to make sure I will get into a program at my first try?

Crush the MCAT. The other questions can only be adequately answered after your score is in.

non-trad, female, minority, disadvantaged background, older (29) USAF flight medic

If you highlight and frame these aspects well in your application, I'd imagine several programs would jump at the chance to interview you.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.