This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blueberry4104

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
What about the reproductive history/access to charts and blood pressure?
They are joking. You are fine. They should probably be having actual staff doing vitals, history, etc. but they seem to be utilizing your ilk for the purposes of budget reduction and if they are still in operation then they are within their rights to use you and you can totally do those things.

Unless they are lying to the state and J Co. about what their volunteers do come inspection time. Then you should sue them for the emotional trauma of knowing you are committing an unethical and invasive medical procedure that goes against all of your dreams and wishes as a budding doctor.

Reactions: 1 user
I see nothing wrong with a premed taking vitals. Theyre no less qualified to do so than an MS1 in a clinic.

If you’re “trained and supervised” like an MA, only not paid, I think it’s fine. This is why I don’t like free clinics though, they do try to push the bounds of what you can/should do. But this sounds okay as long as you feel competent and comfortable.

What you are doing with training and supervision is fine and within the rules that the clinic has made for volunteers. Feel free to include your activities in your description of the activity.

Fingersticks are a blood test but one that some people do on themselves and/or their child on a very routine basis. It does not require any "board certification" and training takes just a few minutes.

Reactions: 1 users
As long as it's super basic things that you were trained to do, it's fine. If you were on a mission trip doing these things, then yes I would most certainly omit them.