138 free Step 1 questions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mastmastdonan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://www.usmle.org/pdfs/step-1/2013content_step1.pdf

Hadn't heard about these before. Anyone done them before? I think I'll do them later tonight.

Just scroll down in the PDF to page 24

EDIT: These are probably same as Free 150 so don't look if you plan on taking that test at the testing center

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
yup... it's the same one that I've always assumed it was... just checked it out with my previous 2010 copy that I downloaded last year....

Unless there's another free questions out there..

oh these are the free 150? I was planning on taking that at the testing center in a week or two. Ok good to know, thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Worth the money to take this at prometric? I would really like to "experience" the testing center I'm going to be taking it at, but $75 is kind of balls

is this the same one you take at the prometric center (if you choose to do the practice run thing)? Or do they give you a different sample test?

is this the same one you take at the prometric center (if you choose to do the practice run thing)? Or do they give you a different sample test?

I've heard that its the same thing... you just get better acclimated with the actual exam setting... it's worth it to some people.

you can download software from here http://www.usmle.org/practice-materials/ (doesn't work on Macs though) - helpful because it allows you to see the same interface/software that will be used on test day and gives you access to those audio/video clips the PDFs don't include!

Yeah it doesn't hurt to download the software and go through it. You can also look through the tutorial so that you can just skip it on test day and add 15 minutes to your break time. I didn't know about those media clips where you can move the stethoscope until I did that haha.

Anyone feel like the Free 138 was way easier than any of the NBMEs or UWorld? The only conversion of % correct to 3-digit score I could find was pretty outdated