This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medschoolwoo

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am not very experienced, but I think many people will agree with some clinical and non clinical volunteering you will be a great candidate for MD programs. Are you applying to both?

3.8 gpa, 3.6 sgpa, 515 mcat, ORM female, 80 hours of DO shadowing, research and clinical and teaching experience, florida resident
From what I’ve seen as well, I think you’re more than competitive for any DO school. Really just depends on your preference of where to live one day. Congrats on a great score and good GPA.

Members don't see this ad :)
3.8 gpa, 3.6 sgpa, 515 mcat, ORM female, 80 hours of DO shadowing, research and clinical and teaching experience, florida resident
None, unless you've been shut out 2x app cycles, or you're really, really into the Osteopathic philosophy.

IF the latter, I have a high regard for:
PCOM
CCOM
AZCOM
Touro-CA
KCU
both Westerns
MUCOM
VCOM
KCOM
CUSOM
DMU
TCOM

Reactions: 1 user
None, unless you've been shut out 2x app cycles, or you're really, really into the Osteopathic philosophy.

IF the latter, I have a high regard for:
PCOM
CCOM
AZCOM
Touro-CA
KCU
both Westerns
MUCOM
VCOM
KCOM
CUSOM
DMU
TCOM

What about:

UNECOM
UIWCOM
ARCOM
NYITCOM

None. Go MD and don’t look back. The osteopathic philosophy is code for fewer career opportunities.

Just go MD, it will make life easier. But if you really want to go to a DO school apply to PCOM, DMU, KCU, CCOM, TCOM.

Reactions: 1 user