***The Official Creighton University Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
No one's made this so here ya go!

Link to last year's thread: ***The Official Creighton University Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Link to interview prep: Creighton University School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone hear anything since the application complete email?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an invitation for interview today!

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone on here applying through the IDEP program?

I received the application complete email July 28th. AADSAS still says Recieved/ Application Complete. My stats are AA:19 TS:18 GPA: 3.7 sciGPA: 3.5. I'm from Kansas. Thanks!! I'm excited!

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know how long interview day is at Creighton? Is it just an hour tour and a half hour interview? Or should I expect to be there for the majority of the day like other dental schools? Thanks in advance!

Does anyone know how long interview day is at Creighton? Is it just an hour tour and a half hour interview? Or should I expect to be there for the majority of the day like other dental schools? Thanks in advance!
40ish min tour, 10 min interview. You interview in the order that you arrive, so if you arrive first you'll be done in about an hour. If you arrive last, expect about 2 hours.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
40ish min tour, 10 min interview. You interview in the order that you arrive, so if you arrive first you'll be done in about an hour. If you arrive last, expect about 2 hours.
Do you know how often they send out invitations and how many they send out in total?

Do you know how often they send out invitations and how many they send out in total?
Nope, but you don't need an interview to be accepted on Dec 1st so don't stress if you don't receive one

So does Creighton gives gpa emphasis on without +/- or with +/-? By the end of the winter semester my overall will be 3.0 and science 3.03 assuming all As without+/- and overall 2.93 and 2.95 science with +/-.

Does that mean the tours are individual??

Does that mean the tours are individual??
Nope, last year they wanted everyone to be there at 8am so we could tour as a group of 6-8 people. They have you sign in when you first get there and Dr. Norton uses that sheet to interview everyone in the order that you arrived

Nope, last year they wanted everyone to be there at 8am so we could tour as a group of 6-8 people. They have you sign in when you first get there and Dr. Norton uses that sheet to interview everyone in the order that you arrived

If I don’t hear anything at this point, should I reach out with a letter of intent? Creighton is the school I am most interested in attending, and I did not hear anything from them last cycle at all.

If I don’t hear anything at this point, should I reach out with a letter of intent? Creighton is the school I am most interested in attending, and I did not hear anything from them last cycle at all.
I don't think they've sent interviews out yet.

I wouldn't do that until after Dec 1st because otherwise it comes off as insecure imo

I don't think they've sent interviews out yet.

I wouldn't do that until after Dec 1st because otherwise it comes off as insecure imo

Thanks for both of your advice!! I was expecting them to send out interviews early- to mid-August. And so I thought I might have missed the first round of interview invitations or something.

I received my interview invitation on August 20th and I am interviewing late September. This will be the first school that I have interviewd at and I am very excited because Creighton is the school I am most interested in. Does anyone know how many applicants they interview?

I received my interview invitation on August 20th and I am interviewing late September. This will be the first school that I have interviewd at and I am very excited because Creighton is the school I am most interested in. Does anyone know how many applicants they interview?

Do you mind sharing your stats?

I got an interview here tomorrow. How's the interview?

When did you apply?

My interview at Creighton was great! So laid back. Dr. Norton is a really nice guy and made us all feel completely comfortable (there were 4 of us). We interviewed in the order we arrived and then toured the beautiful new school. I was there a total of 4 hours. They said Dr. Norton interviews around 600 people through November. I specifically asked about the, "you don't have to interview to be accepted" thing and from what I could gather, that only applies to students they already have a relationship with...like, if you did undergrad at Creighton Univ. or have spoken with Dr. Norton in some other capacity. I don't think they would just accept someone they don't know at all based on stats without an interview.

My interview at Creighton was great! So laid back. Dr. Norton is a really nice guy and made us all feel completely comfortable (there were 4 of us). We interviewed in the order we arrived and then toured the beautiful new school. I was there a total of 4 hours. They said Dr. Norton interviews around 600 people through November. I specifically asked about the, "you don't have to interview to be accepted" thing and from what I could gather, that only applies to students they already have a relationship with...like, if you did undergrad at Creighton Univ. or have spoken with Dr. Norton in some other capacity. I don't think they would just accept someone they don't know at all based on stats without an interview.
4 hours? Dang did they add in presentations this year

Anyone get an invite to interview for the IDEP program in Idaho yet?

they accepted me without an interview and i never been to creighton or heard of Dr. Norton lol

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone’s status been under review and then turned after 2 months or so to application complete again? Trying to figure out if the change has any significance lol

Last cycle, mine was “application complete” from the beginning (mid-June) til the end...well. “The end” is when class started—I never heard a word from them after I submitted my application.