***The Official Creighton University Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

I did not receive mine. Should I email them?
You could since you cant really pay your deposit online until you get it and set up your NEST account.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone! I created a Facebook group for people who have been accepted so far. It doesn't look like there's an official school Facebook page at this point (please correct me if I am wrong). I may delete it later if/when the school makes an official page, but for now it's a good way to get connected.

You can find it be searching "Creighton University School of Dentistry Class of 2024" on Facebook, otherwise here is the link: Log into Facebook | Facebook

Reactions: 1 user
Not sure, our class votes were just presented to the faculty. But ultimately, it's the Dean's final decision. He just wants to see our opinion on the topic. Probably will find out sometime after the holiday break
Did the dean make a decision over the break?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure, our class votes were just presented to the faculty. But ultimately, it's the Dean's final decision. He just wants to see our opinion on the topic. Probably will find out sometime after the holiday break
We are dying to know

I'm a Creighton Dental student so ask away! Love my experience here!
1) Is Creighton Pass fail/ or grade percent? I ask this because I hope to specialize and am curious about grades. 2 ) Compared to other schools how is Creighton with early clinical experience? 3)I know nothing about this school - What do you need day 1 for school? What do you wish you would have known? THanks in advance

Omg that is so great! What do you think they were impressed with your application without interview? Just curious! Thanks in advance:)
I know several people got accepted w/o interview as well. I guess my stats and essays stood out because my DAT is above the average and GPA is about the average of accepted students.

Omg that is so great! What do you think they were impressed with your application without interview? Just curious! Thanks in advance:)
Just found out that they only did pre-dec interview, and I applied in mid-Dec. That's why I didn't get an interview invite.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
1) Is Creighton Pass fail/ or grade percent? I ask this because I hope to specialize and am curious about grades. 2 ) Compared to other schools how is Creighton with early clinical experience? 3)I know nothing about this school - What do you need day 1 for school? What do you wish you would have known? THanks in advance
1. Not pass fail. There’s a special dental grading scale for your dental classes that has a little harder of a curve. Like 93-100 is an A.
2. creighton is known for its clinical experience. We do not have specialty programs so we get to do comprehensive treatment for our patient. At the beginning of your sophomore year you will start doing cleanings on patients
3. For day 1, come dressed in nice clothes, and that’s all. It’s just an orientation, so you’ll be doing a lot of sitting and listening to different speakers.
Also they decided on not doing scrubs at least in the near future. Dressing up is not bad at all though. Ties might be going though. They haven’t decided on that.

Hey!
I interviewed at February 14, and still nothing. My account did change to saying welcome, and they also uploaded my picture that we took there.
Is the portal thing changing good or bad?

Hey!
I interviewed at February 14, and still nothing. My account did change to saying welcome, and they also uploaded my picture that we took there.
This is the dental forum.

Hey!
When did you apply? I thought they only interivewed before Dec only. Would you mind sharing your stats?

When did you apply? I thought they only interivewed before Dec only. Would you mind sharing your stats?
He's a pre-pharmacy applicant. He simply posted in the wrong forum.

Last cycle, mine was “application complete” from the beginning (mid-June) til the end...well. “The end” is when class started—I never heard a word from them after I submitted my application.
My status is the same like you, I wonder if they ever send email of saying reject/ waitlist, so I called them today and they said the class is not quite full yet and they waiting for the deposit....

Does anyone know if they are sending out more acceptances ? Or is the class full ?
The person that commented before you stated he called today and that the class is not full. They will be sending out acceptances for the next few months based on previous threads.

I applied in November and I have not heard back? Any chances?

I was just waitlisted. Anyone know the chance of getting off waitlist this late?

Alternative list today w/o interview. And they said class is filled from Feb 9. What is my chance guys?

Does everyone who didn't get an acceptance get a chance to be on the alternate list? Do they ever flat out reject ant students?

Also got waitlisted! Seems as if everyone was sent to an alternative list?

I was put on the waitlist yesterday without an interview, but applied very late in the cycle (January). At least there is still hope!

Welp I did not receive a single email from them so...I think I am done :'(

I dont know how the wailist works, but they said the class is full in the email.

I dont know how the wailist works, but they said the class is full in the email.
When someone who is already accepted to CRE gets an acceptance elsewhere and drops their spot at CRE, then they will contact someone on the waitlist. I am pretty sure applicants can't hold multiple spots at different dental schools after some date in May so hopefully this will be when spots start opening for waitlisted individuals.

I was in school at MWU CDMI and had to drop out due to an my mother being ill, which is why I am reapplying now. Anyways, there were students who got overwhelmed in the first week of classes in August and dropped out. Admissions called people on the waitlist after classes had already started at this point so you can be contacted relatively late.

When someone who is already accepted to CRE gets an acceptance elsewhere and drops their spot at CRE, then they will contact someone on the waitlist. I am pretty sure applicants can't hold multiple spots at different dental schools after some date in May so hopefully this will be when spots start opening for waitlisted individuals.

I was in school at MWU CDMI and had to drop out due to an my mother being ill, which is why I am reapplying now. Anyways, there were students who got overwhelmed in the first week of classes in August and dropped out. Admissions called people on the waitlist after classes had already started at this point so you can be contacted relatively late.
That s tough. It s pretty late in May to have Financial aid, housing etc. Also, hmI heard ranked waitlist vs unranked waitlist are different. Like, ranked waitlist has more chance to get in and unranked waitlist is litterally reapplying.

That s tough. It s pretty late in May to have Financial aid, housing etc. Also, hmI heard ranked waitlist vs unranked waitlist are different. Like, ranked waitlist has more chance to get in and unranked waitlist is litterally reapplying.
When a spot opens up at CRE, the admissions committee will reevaluate all the applicants that they have put on the waitlist and then make a decision.

Quick question: Would sending an additional letter of rec help my chances of getting off the waitlist?
Or is there anything I can do to help my chances?

Last edited:
Quick question: Would sending an additional letter of rec help my chances of getting off the waitlist?
Or is there anything I can do to help my chances?
send a letter of intent i think they call it. also i sent a letter of rec from my boss (a dentist) that i didnt include in my application, which she wrote for me for the hpsp and i included it. that was really strong, guess it helped because they sent me an acceptance letter lol

send a letter of intent i think they call it. also i sent a letter of rec from my boss (a dentist) that i didnt include in my application, which she wrote for me for the hpsp and i included it. that was really strong, guess it helped because they sent me an acceptance letter lol
Dang congrats!! Was this recently this cycle?

Does anyone know if class attendance is mandatory and the lectures are recorded?

Is Creighton still accepting? Applied in November and have not heard anything

Is Creighton still accepting? Applied in November and have not heard anything
Based on the waitlist email from the previous thread, the class is full by now

Does anyone know if class attendance is mandatory and the lectures are recorded?
Class attendance is mandatory, but from what I've heard it's maybe not as strictly enforced during junior and senior years (could be wrong though). Some lectures are recorded, but not all. I think all of the freshman lectures are supposed to be recorded and an upperclassman told me that they're trying to make it so that all classes are recorded, but I wouldn't bank on it.

I just got invited to hop on the waitlist a couple days ago and woke up to acceptance today.

Reactions: 5 users