ASDOH Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I was just curious has anyone heard back from secondaries yet? I sent mine in about a week ago and haven't heard anything, though I know it can take a few weeks for everything to process... I just wanted to see how everyone else is doing and get a feel for what's going on :giggle:

Good luck with your applications all!

Hello Everyone!

I was just curious has anyone heard back from secondaries yet? I sent mine in about a week ago and haven't heard anything, though I know it can take a few weeks for everything to process... I just wanted to see how everyone else is doing and get a feel for what's going on :giggle:

Good luck with your applications all!
Happy 4th of July!

I received the secondary application and fee email from ASDOH the same day my AADSAS application got verified (June 18th). I submitted June 16th just for reference. If your application has been verified, you should be hearing from them soon. Good luck everybody!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Happy 4th of July!

I received the secondary application and fee email from ASDOH the same day my AADSAS application got verified (June 18th). I submitted June 16th just for reference. If your application has been verified, you should be hearing from them soon. Good luck everybody!

I too submitted on July 16th, verified on the 19th and I sent in my secondary that day as well. I’ve paid the fee and on the ASDOH website it says my application is complete. I have not heard anything since then.

Reactions: 1 users
Really curious if ADSOH will be doing in person interviews. Anyone have up-to-date info on this?

Interview #5
School:
ASDOH
Notification date: 8/24/2020
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Florida
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/16
Application complete date: 6/16
GPA (overall, science): 3.72, 3.68
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/23/21/30/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/21/2020
Method of Interview: Virtual

Reactions: 2 users
Just got interview #3 from ATSU-ASDOH! So beyond excited!!!

Interview #2
School: ASDOH
Notification date: 8/24/2020
Residency: Utah
Application complete date: 6/23
GPA (overall, science): 3.42, 3.22
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/21/23/BIO (16)
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/21/2020

I still don't hear anything from them. Does it mean I'm getting rejected?...

I still don't hear anything from them. Does it mean I'm getting rejected?...
This is what happened to me with UK... people are saying they got interviews from there but I’ve yet to hear anything - but that’s okay! You got this, keep ya chin up!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks y'all!!!
They could have just not gotten to your application yet... they could invite you next week, month or who knows maybe next year..

Is anyone's status on AADSAS "None"?

For those of you who received interviews, I was wondering how you were planning on setting up your intro videos? Were you going to state your name and dive into one of the prompts they suggested or were you going to give a little background info first? Thanks!

For those of you who received interviews, I was wondering how you were planning on setting up your intro videos? Were you going to state your name and dive into one of the prompts they suggested or were you going to give a little background info first? Thanks!
It’s only a minute long as most, so I would state name and jump straight into whichever question you choose

I
I think I’m going to say my name, where I’m from and then do one of the questions!

Interview #5
School:
ASDOH
Notification date: 9/1/2020
Residency: Missouri
Application complete date: 6/28
GPA (overall, science): 3.88, 3.66
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/20/21/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/2/2020

Do you guys know when will the next batch of interview invitation will be sent out?

For those that had their interview already, did you have time to eat a snack or drink something in between the time slots?

Hi :) does anyone know how many (percents or numbers or anything) of the interviewees ASDOH admits?

Just received an Interview Invitation! :soexcited:

Interview #2
School:
ASDOH
Notification date: 10/6/2020
Residency: Colorado
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/18
Application complete date: 7/6
Undergraduate GPA (overall, science): 3.15, 3.10
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/21/23/30/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 11/6/2020

For those of you who have already interviewed how did it go? Was it stressful? Looking at the information they sent I'm starting to freak out a little bit to be honest haha

Reactions: 3 users
Just received an Interview Invitation! :soexcited:

Interview #2
School:
ASDOH
Notification date: 10/6/2020
Residency: Colorado
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/18
Application complete date: 7/6
Undergraduate GPA (overall, science): 3.15, 3.10
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/21/23/30/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 11/6/2020

For those of you who have already interviewed how did it go? Was it stressful? Looking at the information they sent I'm starting to freak out a little bit to be honest haha
Hey! Congrats on your interview!! It wasn’t very stressful at all. I had a nice time and the interviewers were kind and knowledgeable. We actually signed something that told us we couldn’t talk about it in specifics, so I’m just going to tell you it was a pleasant time and to not worry! :) Thanks for understanding! I wish you the best!

Hey! Congrats on your interview!! It wasn’t very stressful at all. I had a nice time and the interviewers were kind and knowledgeable. We actually signed something that told us we couldn’t talk about it in specifics, so I’m just going to tell you it was a pleasant time and to not worry! :) Thanks for understanding! I wish you the best!

Hey! Thank you for your support!! I just love the community we have here on SDN, its been really helpful in so many ways!

No worries at all about the specifics, I figured with all these interviews none of us should be talking about it anyway. I just needed a little help settling my anxiety so thank you again for all of the reasurance! ;)

Good luck to us all! :happy:

Reactions: 3 users
Interview #4: ASDOH
Notified 10/6
Applied 6/16
WI residency

Got a rejection today. Probably cause of my 14 in QR..

Last edited:
  • Care
  • Sad
Got a rejection today. Probably cause of my 14 in QR..
Very Sorry about your rejection. Can you pls share your stats? I also applied to this school, I have 16 on PAT, just wondering...

Very Sorry about your rejection. Can you pls share your stats? I also applied to this school, I have 16 on PAT, just wondering...
Overall GPA: 3.78
Science GPA: 3.76
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.55
DAT score (include AA and all sections): PAT: 20 QR: 14 RC: 18 BIO: 23 GC: 26 OC: 20 TS: 22 AA: 20
State of Residence: North Dakota

Major: Kinesiology
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: 109 hrs - General dentistry 16 hrs - Oral Surgery 8 hrs - Ortho
Volunteering Experience: 30 hrs - pediatric therapy, 32hrs - Hospital ER, 16 hrs - special olympics/youth basketball camps
Employment: 1008 hrs - orderly in hospital, 1640 hrs (current job) - Patient Care Technician at dermatology clinic (was pursuing medical school until October which is why I have a lot of patient contact hours)
Research: 2016 hrs - USDA Human Nutrition Research Center
Other Extracurriculars: College basketball and track and field - freshman year, couple of clubs
LOR type and strength: Dentist, Professor, Professor/advisor, Research supervisor.... should be good
MISC: Graduated Magna Cum Laude

Overall GPA: 3.78
Science GPA: 3.76
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.55
DAT score (include AA and all sections): PAT: 20 QR: 14 RC: 18 BIO: 23 GC: 26 OC: 20 TS: 22 AA: 20
State of Residence: North Dakota

Major: Kinesiology
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: 109 hrs - General dentistry 16 hrs - Oral Surgery 8 hrs - Ortho
Volunteering Experience: 30 hrs - pediatric therapy, 32hrs - Hospital ER, 16 hrs - special olympics/youth basketball camps
Employment: 1008 hrs - orderly in hospital, 1640 hrs (current job) - Patient Care Technician at dermatology clinic (was pursuing medical school until October which is why I have a lot of patient contact hours)
Research: 2016 hrs - USDA Human Nutrition Research Center
Other Extracurriculars: College basketball and track and field - freshman year, couple of clubs
LOR type and strength: Dentist, Professor, Professor/advisor, Research supervisor.... should be good
MISC: Graduated Magna Cum Laude
That was a good GPA and reasonable DAT stats, I am surprised that they sent you a rejection. It makes me wonder about my situation, I have a 16 on PAT and 22 AA & 23 TS.

hi! on AADSAS does anyone elses status still say "None"?

hi! on AADSAS does anyone elses status still say "None"?

Yep, mine still says "None" as well o_O Debating if I should contact them about it and just inquire if its a normal occurrence or just wait it out and see...

Yep, mine still says "None" as well o_O Debating if I should contact them about it and just inquire if its a normal occurrence or just wait it out and see...
I got a rejection and mine has said “none“ this whole time

I got a rejection and mine has said “none“ this whole time

Oh shoot I'm sorry to hear about that! I haven't gotten any emails or physical mail regarding a rejection quite yet, so I'm just hoping they're still hanging on to my application and reviewing it. Fingers crossed!

Oh shoot I'm sorry to hear about that! I haven't gotten any emails or physical mail regarding a rejection quite yet, so I'm just hoping they're still hanging on to my application and reviewing it. Fingers crossed!

I interviewed in September and mine has never changed from “none”. I don’t think they use AADSAS for status changes

Reactions: 4 users
I interviewed in September and mine has never changed from “none”. I don’t think they use AADSAS for status changes

Yes! I think you are right! I am interviewing on the 6th and my AADSAS status still says 'none'. From what I understand the AADSAS statuses don't mean anything until after schools send out acceptances, which then they are required to update it. But before acceptances are sent out schools are not required to change the status updates on AADSAS.

I also have a quick question, does ASDOH do open or closed file interviews?

I am interviewing in two weeks! Anyone have advice? Will it be closed file or open file? I am so nervous!!

Hey all, I've got a question for those who have interviewed before!
When you got the email with all the instructions and admissions presentations, did you have more than two videos?
It talks about a power point and multiple videos but in my attached files i only see two: the financial aid pres and the ICSP presentation. Should there be more than that?

Thanks!

Does anyone know if ASDOH ATSU is sending any more pre-december interviews?

Does anyone know if ASDOH ATSU is sending any more pre-december interviews?
No they’re booked in November. I just got one yesterday and the only dates were December 7,11,14

I am interviewing in two weeks! Anyone have advice? Will it be closed file or open file? I am so nervous!!

Hi there!
Congrats on the interview! I know this may seem like a generic answer, but just be yourself. The interviewers are just seeing if the person on paper is the person they’ll be receiving into the program.

Additionally, it is open file!

Prayer gone up for you!

YOU GOT THIS!

Has anyone heard back from ASDOH recently?? I still haven’t heard anything and submitted in august status still says none