UoP School of Dentistry Class of 2024* Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck everyone!

Link to last years thread: *** The Official UoP School of Dentistry Class of 2023* Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Link to interview prep: University of the Pacific Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

*PS: Remember that it's a 3 year program, and that's why it's C/O 2024 and not 2025 ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey there to all applying to UoP. Are the majority of you IS? I'm OOS & just hope to get a chance as I'm super excited about the chance of going to this university.!

Hey everyone! Does anyone here know if UofP considers the fact that someone has done really well in a masters program to make up for a lower gpa in undergrad?

Members don't see this ad :)
How soon does the confirmation email come from UoP after submitting the app and paying the fee?
I received an email 6 days ago on June 19th 6:22pm ET (I submitted AADSAS on June 16th 12:03am ET and submitted supplemental fee June 8th, with AADSAS verifying my app on June 17th 7:18am ET) saying they are "processing my application to verify all documents have been received from AADSAS" and I still haven't got any updates from them.

For those who have gotten a confirmation email does your status page on AADSAS still say "none"?

For those who have gotten a confirmation email does your status page on AADSAS still say "none"?

What kind of confirmation email?

Are you talking about:
" The Office of Admissions will now begin processing your application to verify all documents have been received from AADSAS and admissions requirements have been fulfilled. Once the processing is complete, you will receive an e-mail with your updated status. " ?

Hey everyone! Does anyone here know if UofP considers the fact that someone has done really well in a masters program to make up for a lower gpa in undergrad?
Unfortunately for the few schools that I have asked this specific question on, I have been told no it does not...
Who knows how much truth there is to this but I guess we shall see..

Has anyone's status page changed from "None" even though you received an email from them confirming the application?

Has anyone's status page changed from "None" even though you received an email from them confirming the application?
That might just be how they leave it but I’m not sure... I got the confirmation email and mine says “none” as well

Members don't see this ad :)
I had a 1-on-1 with Mr. Stan Constantino, assistant dean of admissions. He told me that they look most closely at your last 2 years of academic endeavors, whether that be undergrad or graduate work. I didn't take my first year of college super seriously, so while I wasn't asking him about masters work specifically, what he told me sounds like it applies to your situation! As such, I'd say "yes".

Does UoP change the status page on AADSAS from "None"? I received a completion email a while ago but no change on the status page

how long does it take to receive the email?
I submitted supplemental on June 8th
Submitted AADSAS on June 16th
"File in Process" email on June 19th
"File under review" email + AADSAS update to "Recieved/Under Review" on July 8th

I submitted supplemental on June 8th
Submitted AADSAS on June 16th
"File in Process" email on June 19th
"File under review" email + AADSAS update to "Recieved/Under Review" on July 8th
did you just use the link they provided on the UoP home page on their AADSAS?

Some say wait for an email from them and some say just pay it using the link they provided. What do you reccomend?
Pay it right away using the link. The payment is tied to your AADSAS ID so it will be attached to your AADSAS application.
It will allow them to start reviewing your apps earlier.

They said they will not discriminate against students who were affected by COVID, does this include reviewing their apps too even without the DAT?

I received an email saying that my application is under review by the "Executive Admissions Committee"

Does "executive admissions committee" mean anything or is just a normal review thing

So I wanted to know like i did not do so well in my undergrad, got a very low gpa but then i just did a biomedical science masters and my Gpa was 3.7+ and on my DAT i got AA 20. I also have a lot of shadowing and dental assisting experience. With this information would anyone be able to tell me my chances of getting into dental schools?

Hey guys, good luck with this year of applying! I’m a D1 student at UOP so if you have questions you can message me. I’m not an expert but I can give you my opinion. Just so you know, UOP was one of the last schools to reach out to me for interviews and for acceptances. When I got the call from the dean of admissions telling me that I was accepted, He told me he was sorry for the late notice because it was a call in the afternoon when most of my calls were in the morning and right before noon. He also said I was the first call he made. I’m not sure why but they just take their time so relax and it will come. I interviewed at 9 schools and made it into 5 of them while being waitlisted at the other 4.
My stats for applying were:
I had tons of hours of shadowing and worked as a dental assistant for a year. I had 3 years of research and a 3.85 gpa (3.7 science).
I got a 21 AA and 21 TS and a 26 PA on the DAT.
My dad is an alumni of UOP and so were 2 of my uncles.
I definitely didn’t have the highest stats of my class (my DAT was lower than the average) but they look at many things other than that!

Reach out to me if you have questions

Hey guys, good luck with this year of applying! I’m a D1 student at UOP so if you have questions you can message me. I’m not an expert but I can give you my opinion. Just so you know, UOP was one of the last schools to reach out to me for interviews and for acceptances. When I got the call from the dean of admissions telling me that I was accepted, He told me he was sorry for the late notice because it was a call in the afternoon when most of my calls were in the morning and right before noon. He also said I was the first call he made. I’m not sure why but they just take their time so relax and it will come. I interviewed at 9 schools and made it into 5 of them while being waitlisted at the other 4.
My stats for applying were:
I had tons of hours of shadowing and worked as a dental assistant for a year. I had 3 years of research and a 3.85 gpa (3.7 science).
I got a 21 AA and 21 TS and a 26 PA on the DAT.
My dad is an alumni of UOP and so were 2 of my uncles.
I definitely didn’t have the highest stats of my class (my DAT was lower than the average) but they look at many things other than that!

Reach out to me if you have questions
Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to applicants! One thing I am curious about is the difficulty level of the first year. Do you feel like it’s manageable to stay in the top half or top 25% of your class if you want to leave options open for specializing? I’m applying for the HPSP so it would be a few years before I look down that path and I very well might go general, but I don’t want to close any doors just for an extra year of practice. I appreciate any advice you have to give!

Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to applicants! One thing I am curious about is the difficulty level of the first year. Do you feel like it’s manageable to stay in the top half or top 25% of your class if you want to leave options open for specializing? I’m applying for the HPSP so it would be a few years before I look down that path and I very well might go general, but I don’t want to close any doors just for an extra year of practice. I appreciate any advice you have to give!
No problem. Yeah so that’s tough and it’s hard to gauge that this year. COVID has really thrown things off. All the classes are online except for when we are in the sim lab for 4 hours on Wednesday and another 4 on Thursday. (I know this sucks with covid and maybe it might be frustrating but you should know that no other school has done better in this situation than UOP. We all got portable hand pieces and sim lab kits to work at home. It’s not perfect but it’s way better than I’ve heard from other students at other schools.) I hope things calm down soon and hopefully way before you guys start. Typically, with a good amount of work, you can place in the top half. On past tests during the first quarter, in past years the class average ranged from 70-85% so if you just get higher than average, you should be fine. But since classes have been online this entire time and you now have more time to study, the averages from our class has been around 88-90%. So wayyyy higher. I want to do OMFS so I am also trying to stay on top. I have scored higher than average on every test but again there isn’t much room to excel cause every one is so close. People are struggling more on the practicals in the sim lab more than past years. We just had a practical and like half the class failed it. (It’s pretty easy to fail and everyone fails at least one practical at some point.) so it hard to answer this. I still think if you want to specialize then you definitely can but you need to put the work in.

Now, let me make you guys feel better. So we got last years stats. 3 students applied and matched for OMFS. I’ve talk to the dean of success and he said that UOP has a 90-95% acceptance rate into OMFS which is really good. Now something even better. Orthodontics. Usually for this specialty you have to be in the top 10% to make it in. Last year we had 11 students apply and get accepted into Orthodontic residency! That is like unheard of! So if you want to specialize. Work hard and you should be fine. UOP is a good school and does carry some weight when applying for specialties. Hopefully that answers your questions. With UOP being an accelerated program, you need to put in more work than at other programs. But honestly it’s not that bad. You do have to work and study, but it’s still bearable.

No problem. Yeah so that’s tough and it’s hard to gauge that this year. COVID has really thrown things off. All the classes are online except for when we are in the sim lab for 4 hours on Wednesday and another 4 on Thursday. (I know this sucks with covid and maybe it might be frustrating but you should know that no other school has done better in this situation than UOP. We all got portable hand pieces and sim lab kits to work at home. It’s not perfect but it’s way better than I’ve heard from other students at other schools.) I hope things calm down soon and hopefully way before you guys start. Typically, with a good amount of work, you can place in the top half. On past tests during the first quarter, in past years the class average ranged from 70-85% so if you just get higher than average, you should be fine. But since classes have been online this entire time and you now have more time to study, the averages from our class has been around 88-90%. So wayyyy higher. I want to do OMFS so I am also trying to stay on top. I have scored higher than average on every test but again there isn’t much room to excel cause every one is so close. People are struggling more on the practicals in the sim lab more than past years. We just had a practical and like half the class failed it. (It’s pretty easy to fail and everyone fails at least one practical at some point.) so it hard to answer this. I still think if you want to specialize then you definitely can but you need to put the work in.

Now, let me make you guys feel better. So we got last years stats. 3 students applied and matched for OMFS. I’ve talk to the dean of success and he said that UOP has a 90-95% acceptance rate into OMFS which is really good. Now something even better. Orthodontics. Usually for this specialty you have to be in the top 10% to make it in. Last year we had 11 students apply and get accepted into Orthodontic residency! That is like unheard of! So if you want to specialize. Work hard and you should be fine. UOP is a good school and does carry some weight when applying for specialties. Hopefully that answers your questions. With UOP being an accelerated program, you need to put in more work than at other programs. But honestly it’s not that bad. You do have to work and study, but it’s still bearable.
That’s great to hear! If it’s a good program I definitely think it’s more than worth it to get it done in 3 years

Has anyone heard anything about interviews lately?

According to an IG story from @dugoni_admissions, they were looking for alumni that would be interested in participating in interviews starting October. And if I remember correctly, Stan said in an IG live that they would start reviewing apps in September.

According to an IG story from @dugoni_admissions, they were looking for alumni that would be interested in participating in interviews starting October. And if I remember correctly, Stan said in an IG live that they would start reviewing apps in September.
I guess the review has started cause I received an email saying that. Last year they sent out invites on Sep 4th so knowing that they started everything 2 weeks later I have no hope to hear from them till the 3rd week of Sep :(

I spoke to admissions today and they said it’s too early for interviews, but we should be expecting some action soon.

Reactions: 2 users
Any update from UoP?

Someone in the FB Dental Admissions Bootcamp group just got an invite today. Submitted July 4th. Stats: AA 20 TS 20 PAT 20 GPA 3.5 sGPA 3.3.

Someone in the FB Dental Admissions Bootcamp group just got an invite today. Submitted July 4th. Stats: AA 20 TS 20 PAT 20 GPA 3.5 sGPA 3.3.
hmm, I am kinda suspicious about that. UoP average is 22 AA 22 TS 3.7 and I am not saying its impossible but its kinda wired one person with those stats
be the first and only person who got an interview. Thank you by the way for sharing this with us!

Reactions: 1 users
There has been quite a few interview invitations sent out. They just started this week so there should be more coming soon. and this year's class had a gpa average of 3.6 and science of 3.49 so its definitely possible to get an interview with those low stats. Especially if you got connections.

I received an interview on Monday, 3.8 GPA and 21 AA

hmm, I am kinda suspicious about that. UoP average is 22 AA 22 TS 3.7 and I am not saying its impossible but its kinda wired one person with those stats
be the first and only person who got an interview. Thank you by the way for sharing this with us!

It's not weird at all. I know plenty of people with similar stats that received early interviews in past years. It's not all about the numbers.

It's not weird at all. I know plenty of people with similar stats that received early interviews in past years. It's not all about the numbers.

SDN where sharing information is like a game of telephone. Take this for what it's worth:
  1. definitely not "weird" at all.
  2. first-year class stats are 3.6 overall and 3.5 science.
  3. the "low stats" comment about someone from the Dental Admissions Bootcamp group who got an invite with AA 20 TS 20 PAT 20 GPA 3.5 sGPA 3.3 -- these stats are NOT "low." kinda insulting.
  4. "it's definitely possible to get an interview with those low stats. Especially if you got connections." -- "connections" has nothing to do with it.
  5. Good luck newbies

xx - UOP D3

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
SDN where sharing information is like a game of telephone. Take this for what it's worth:
  1. definitely not "weird" at all.
  2. first-year class stats are 3.6 overall and 3.5 science.
  3. the "low stats" comment about someone from the Dental Admissions Bootcamp group who got an invite with AA 20 TS 20 PAT 20 GPA 3.5 sGPA 3.3 -- these stats are NOT "low." kinda insulting.
  4. "it's definitely possible to get an interview with those low stats. Especially if you got connections." -- "connections" has nothing to do with it.
  5. Good luck newbies

xx - UOP D3
It was wired because only one person said he got an interview and I know there is many CA residents and OOS among us on SDN and no one did say anything about getting an interview (until later today). Also traditionally schools would first send interviews to those with God stats like 26 30 score on each section (Im not one of them btw :D ). Good luck to those who got an interview! and hopefully the rest of us hear back soon.
Do you know by any chance if UoP sends interviews for IS first or not (Im OOS)?
I also got an email which was saying my application is under active review, Does that mean they have already reviewed it? Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
It was wired because only one person said he got an interview and I know there is many CA residents and OOS among us on SDN and no one did say anything about getting an interview (until later today). Also traditionally schools would first send interviews to those with God stats like 26 30 score on each section (Im not one of them btw :D ). Good luck to those who got an interview! and hopefully the rest of us hear back soon.
Do you know by any chance if UoP sends interviews for IS first or not (Im OOS)?
I also got an email which was saying my application is under active review, Does that mean they have already reviewed it? Thank you in advance!

what are your stats? what state you from?