UoP School of Dentistry Class of 2024* Interview/Acceptance Thread

Turned down a spot today. Hard to justify the tuition. Hope somebody gets it who really wants it. Stan was incredible and one of my favorite people I've met at any school.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Turned down a spot today. Hard to justify the tuition. Hope somebody gets it who really wants it. Stan was incredible and one of my favorite people I've met at any school.

SAME SAME. I STAN WITH STAN. SF is just so darn expensive. Where ya headed? i'm debating between the two UCs

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got an optional questionnaire today, did anyone else get one?

Reactions: 1 users
Hmm i didn't
In the thread that I posted ^^ a few applicants who didn't recieve the email posted that they were still offered post december interviews

In the thread that I posted ^^ a few applicants who didn't recieve the email posted that they were still offered post december interviews
It seemed like those applicants received the email but just didn't fill out the questionnaire? Not completely sure though- that's just how I interpreted it !

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It seemed like those applicants received the email but just didn't fill out the questionnaire? Not completely sure though- that's just how I interpreted it !
So it doesn’t really matter if you fill it out or not?

How long are you guys making your responses to the questionnaire?

So it doesn’t really matter if you fill it out or not?
Some people said they received an interview without filling out the questionnaire from the email from that thread so Id say its totally up to you!

Also JW if theres anyone who hasnt received that email?

aah yes you're right! Def didn't read that correctly lol

Is your guy's AADSAS down at the moment?

Hi, did anyone else get an email saying that they are on the alternative list for UOP?

Got an interview invite today! And didn’t receive any type of questionnaire to fill out at all 🤷🏻‍♀️

Got an interview invite today! And didn’t receive any type of questionnaire to fill out at all 🤷🏻‍♀️
Congrats! Did you get a call or email? What are your stats and are you instate?

Congrats! Did you get a call or email? What are your stats and are you instate?
Call first, then voicemail, and then they sent me an email!
Cum GPA: 3.2
DAT AA: 25 TS: 25 PAT: 30
Out of state! I think my case is a very good example of how they look at DAT more than GPA LOL

Reactions: 2 users
Out of state! I think my case is a very good example of how they look at DAT more than GPA LOL
Could you also state when your application was verified?

hmm so you're saying it's just DAT and nothing else stands out in your application? when i interviewed they stressed wanting well-rounded students, good luck with your interview.

hmm so you're saying it's just DAT and nothing else stands out in your application? when i interviewed they stressed wanting well-rounded students, good luck with your interview.
Well, definitely not that, but I guess I'm just acknowledging that my GPA is low.. As for the rest of my application, I would say it's pretty well-rounded actually - lotssss of leadership/community service, hobbies, strong rec letters, diverse studies in undergrad (bio + spanish + educ minor) etc. I would also say that I was pretty confident in my ps in terms of expressing my personality and journey to dentistry, but it wasn't ornate or super eloquent. The only weaknesses I would say are my GPA and shadowing hours (103) but I was hoping schools realized that I had only had one year to prep for dentistry after deciding to pursue it before I applied, and especially when Covid happened in March! Hope that explains my situation a bit better!

Does anyone know how likely it is to receive an acceptance once you receive an interview? Or I guess the percentage of interviewees that are offered acceptances?

Also, can anyone give me tips on the interview? I'd appreciate it!!

Would it be smart to send a letter of intent to the admissions office before an interview?

Would it be smart to send a letter of intent to the admissions office before an interview?
No, part of the interview is getting to know the school better. You can make a more informed decision after, making the LOI more valid.

No, part of the interview is getting to know the school better. You can make a more informed decision after, making the LOI more valid.
What about letter of interest? From their generic emails, I feel the vibe about they do not want to receive any status update emails, etc..

What about letter of interest? From their generic emails, I feel the vibe about they do not want to receive any status update emails, etc.
What about letter of interest? From their generic emails, I feel the vibe about they do not want to receive any status update emails, etc..
At this point in time, (personally) I think it is okay to send one.

I received an invite yesterday for 2/22 (earliest date they said). I didn’t fill out the questionnaire.

same! would you mind sharing ur stats? congrats!!
Thanks!! You’ll hear back soon

Cum GPA: 3.93
AA: 20 TS: 21 PAT: 22
Side note I also had a 17 on QR and a 18 for reading lol the second half got me

out of state applicant

• Love
recently received the call for an interview!! super relieved and excited. for the experiential essay prompts, anyone have an estimate on how long they're expecting? since it's no time or word limit?

recently received the call for an interview!! super relieved and excited. for the experiential essay prompts, anyone have an estimate on how long they're expecting? since it's no time or word limit?
Congrats!!! will you pls share your stats?

So I wrote a pretty long essay, and then when I inputted it into the text box, it turned out that there actually was a 2500 character limit haha

Also asking again haha.. any tips on how the interview is? Mine is set for 2/8!