UoP School of Dentistry Class of 2024* Interview/Acceptance Thread

Interviewed with Pacific today. They take a lot of pride in their school and it was a really positive experience. It moved up a ton on my list of schools that I'd like to attend!

From outside of California. GPA 3.98/3.98 and 28 DAT.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #2
School:
UOP
Notification date: 10/6/2020
Method of notification: Phone
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 9/4
Application complete date: 9/22
GPA (science, overall): 3.67 overall; 3.62 science
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/21/18/ no
Interview date: October 28th

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Interview #2
School:
UOP
Notification date: 10/6/2020
Method of notification: Phone
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 9/4
Application complete date: 9/22
GPA (science, overall): 3.67 overall; 3.62 science
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/21/18/ no
Interview date: October 28th
can I ask what number they called you from?

For method of interview notification, Does anyone know if UOP leaves a voice mail if you don't answer the phone?

For method of interview notification, Does anyone know if UOP leaves a voice mail if you don't answer the phone?
Not sure if they leave a voicemail, but they do send a follow-up email. Their number is also from SF (415 area code)

Not sure if they leave a voicemail, but they do send a follow-up email. Their number is also from SF (415 area code)
Thank you for the info! I frequently get missed calls and I live in SF with area code 415. i was scared that they might have called me and moved on to the next applicant.

Thank you for the info! I frequently get missed calls and I live in SF with area code 415. i was scared that they might have called me and moved on to the next applicant.

They'll at the very least send you an email for sure. When I missed mine they sent an email and a voicemail but given how busy their office becomes Im sure they don't always leave the message.

Just received an invite this afternoon! The person I talked to on the phone said that December 7th (the date I was invited for) was the last Pre December interview day.

Reactions: 4 users
Interview #9
School: University of the Pacific
Notification date: 11/13/20
Method of notification: Phone call
Residency: IS (California)
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/13/20
Application complete date: 8/27/20
GPA (overall, science): 3.81, 3.77
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26 / 25 / 20 / 30 / none
Dates available OR your interview date: 11/25
Method of Interview: video

Members don't see this ad :)
I almost got a heart attack bc I got an email from UoP, but it was simply a thanksgiving email honestly thought it was like rejection or something lololol

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Couple quick updates on UOP than can be confusing as I went through this process last year:

- YES, UOP IS STILL CONDUCTING INTERVIEWS (they continue into April) so don't lose hope if you haven't heard anything back yet.

- UOP has rolling admissions meaning they will still be accepting people up until 144 people confirm their deposits (they don't accept 144 students right away in December.)
- UOP also accepts people to their waitlist even though their 144 seats are not filled yet.

- UOP also has an alternate list - TYPICALLY 4 PEOPLE - WHICH IS DIFFERENT FROM THE WAITLIST. (alternate list has priority)
- Think of the alternate list like the next 4 bench players ready to suit up if a starter goes down with an injury.
- The alternate list is to fill the 144 roster spots if any accepted student withdraws, or accepts a different school's offer. So if someone is accepted from the alternate list, another student will be offered an alternate spot from the waitlist.

-If you have any specific questions, DM me!

GOOD LUCK, BE PERSISTENT

Reactions: 5 users
Uop puts a huge emphasis on DAT (22 average i believe) while it doesn't hava a really high gpa average.
22 is average, so do you happen to know the lowest they have accepted is mainly my question. Thank you!

22 is average, so do you happen to know the lowest they have accepted is mainly my question. Thank you!
According to ADEA Dental School Explorer:
5th percentile science GPA: 2.89
5th percentile total GPA: 3.07

Their average is 3.43 and 3.51.

19 is also their 5th percentile PAT and TS scores, while 20 is their 5th percentile AA score.

According to ADEA Dental School Explorer:
5th percentile science GPA: 2.89
5th percentile total GPA: 3.07

Their average is 3.43 and 3.51.

19 is also their 5th percentile PAT and TS scores, while 20 is their 5th percentile AA score.
Thank you so much!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Couple quick updates on UOP than can be confusing as I went through this process last year:

- YES, UOP IS STILL CONDUCTING INTERVIEWS (they continue into April) so don't lose hope if you haven't heard anything back yet.

- UOP has rolling admissions meaning they will still be accepting people up until 144 people confirm their deposits (they don't accept 144 students right away in December.)
- UOP also accepts people to their waitlist even though their 144 seats are not filled yet.

- UOP also has an alternate list - TYPICALLY 4 PEOPLE - WHICH IS DIFFERENT FROM THE WAITLIST. (alternate list has priority)
- Think of the alternate list like the next 4 bench players ready to suit up if a starter goes down with an injury.
- The alternate list is to fill the 144 roster spots if any accepted student withdraws, or accepts a different school's offer. So if someone is accepted from the alternate list, another student will be offered an alternate spot from the waitlist.

-If you have any specific questions, DM me!

GOOD LUCK, BE PERSISTENT

i'd be careful about reading into processes from last year, as i've been told it's changed. i heard of a waitlist (still pending decisions), alternate list (for spots that open up), and a standby alternate list (they go to school with D1s for two weeks to fill in IF someone drops). the new, young attractive admissions dean is pretty dynamic and making changes. it's pretty exciting. the process isn't done yet, we have until April.

Have any International or Canadian students received an interview yet? I'm surprised that this thread doesn't have as many posts, I wonder how many people they've interviewed so far ):

According to Dental Admissions Bootcamp on FB, UOP has already started calling people today. I remember on UOP’s official IG, they also said that today they would send out acceptances. So make sure your phones are on!

Got my acceptance call today!

Reactions: 5 users
Did anyone accepted so far receive the acceptance email? I got the phone call yesterday but haven’t gotten an email yet

i'd be careful about reading into processes from last year, as i've been told it's changed. i heard of a waitlist (still pending decisions), alternate list (for spots that open up), and a standby alternate list (they go to school with D1s for two weeks to fill in IF someone drops). the new, young attractive admissions dean is pretty dynamic and making changes. it's pretty exciting. the process isn't done yet, we have until April.
I’m just here to agree with you that yes, Mr. Constantino is quite the upbeat & attractive gentleman who is making big strides

I would also like to know. Got the call on Monday.

Stats:
DAT: 21 AA/22TS/22PAT
GPA: 3.58 oGPA/ 3.55 sGPA
there is an FB group! I found it. search "UOP DUGONI DDS CLASS OF 2024"

Here is the FB group guys!! Huge congrats on ur acceptances

Here is the FB group guys!! Huge congrats on ur acceptances
this is a FB group created by dental students :p

i called the admissions office and they said the official facebook group with admissions/matriculation info will be given when we pay our first deposit

this is a FB group created by dental students :p

i called the admissions office and they said the official facebook group with admissions/matriculation info will be given when we pay our first deposit
Just a heads up that it’s also good to have a separate FB group WITHOUT administration (for obvious reasons) - so it’s still worth it to join the student-made group

Can anyone share me their interview experience with Uop?

Declined my offer about 4 days ago. Good luck everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Congrats to everyone who got accepted! How many people are current students in the fb group?? Just want to have an idea of how many spots are left :unsure:

Congrats to everyone who got accepted! How many people are current students in the fb group?? Just want to have an idea of how many spots are left :unsure:
There are 64 people in the group at the moment. This includes current students so there should still be many more spots left. Hang on tight!

Reactions: 3 users