University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck everyone!

Link to last years thread: **** The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Link to interview prep: University of Detroit Mercy School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi, has anyone received an email update about submitting the supplemental fee/pic??

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, has anyone received an email update about submitting the supplemental fee/pic??
I mailed my fee and photo on June 16 and received an email on June 22 that they had received them.

Members don't see this ad :)
I mailed my fee and photo on June 16 and received an email on June 22 that they had received them.

Did you have to take a new 2x2 passport photo? I'm trying to print an existing photo but I can't find anywhere to print it that size unless I take a new one (walgreens, walmart, cvs). Any ideas?

Did you have to take a new 2x2 passport photo? I'm trying to print an existing photo but I can't find anywhere to print it that size unless I take a new one (walgreens, walmart, cvs). Any ideas?

I printed a 2x3 photo at Walgreens and then just cut it. It was a lot cheaper than taking a passport photo

I used an app on my phone to get the correct size and just took a photo at home, then printed it on photo paper. I didn’t actually retake a new passport picture. There are several apps that you can use for a “passport” picture

Hi everyone, is Detroit mercy in a safe area? I'm not too familiar with detroit so I wanted to get some insight. Thanks!

Hi everyone, is Detroit mercy in a safe area? I'm not too familiar with detroit so I wanted to get some insight. Thanks!
I would say the streets near UDM need some reconstruction bc of all their cracks in the roads.

I used an app on my phone to get the correct size and just took a photo at home, then printed it on photo paper. I didn’t actually retake a new passport picture. There are several apps that you can use for a “passport” picture
Hi, what app did you use if you don't mind me asking!

Lol. No, it is not. By far the scariest location for a school. I could have the secret service with me and would not feel safe.

Did anyone send their picture and got confirmation email that it is delivered? I have sent mine along with money order and it is arrived but didnt get confirmation email yet

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven’t received any update either. I mailed it on July 3rd

Hi, what app did you use if you don't mind me asking!
965B2C33-FD60-4AED-A710-1158F75A5005.jpeg
It’s called Passport Photo - ID Photo.

Just got an email from them stating that my money order and picture have been received by the admissions office.

I just received an interview invite. Selected September 19th as my interview date. Just have to do the "pre interview" questions. Anybody know what this is like? I have read that it's essentially supplemental questions but in video format

Interview #1
School: UDM
Notification date: 8/5/2020
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/28
Application complete date: 7/21
Undergraduate GPA (overall, science): 3.16, 3.23
Post-Bacc GPA (overall): 3.96
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/24/28/23/none
Dates available: 9/12, 9/19, 10/10

Last edited:
Is there any penalty for choosing a later interview date? I already have plane tickets to visit my grandpa who is ill but my mom is going crazy about how important it is to do the first interview date possible so I can get in early

Is there any penalty for choosing a later interview date? I already have plane tickets to visit my grandpa who is ill but my mom is going crazy about how important it is to do the first interview date possible so I can get in early

I saw the comment from FB that as long as your interview date is before november-ish, they are all equivalently the same since the first decision can be made only after the mid-December. But not sure if this is true tho

Just got an interview invite! Thanks Alhamidullah!
Interview #1
School:
UDM
Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/14
Application complete date: TBD
Undergraduate GPA: 2.79
Current Cumulative GPA(combined undergraduate/post bacc) (overall, science, BBCP): 3.02, 3.08, 3.03
Post-Bacc GPA (overall): 3.79(47 credit hours total)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/20/18/16/yes RC 16
Method of interview: Virtual

Last edited:
Just got an interview
Interview #1
Notification date: 8/5/20
Residency: Michigan
AADSAS mail out date: July 13
Application complete date: I still haven’t sent my picture or supplemental fee
Undergrad GPA: 3.01
Masters GPA: 3.8
DAT: 21AA/ 20 TS/ 19 QR/ 24 RC/ 17 PAT
Date: 09/19, 09/12, or 10/10

Interview #1
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/28
Application complete date: 7/21
Undergraduate GPA (overall, science): 3.16, 3.23
Post-Bacc GPA (overall): 3.96
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/24/28/23/none
Hi, are you a Canadian resident?

Interview #1
Residency: Canadian
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/8
Application complete date: 6/17
Undergraduate GPA (overall, science): 3.73, 3.71
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/20/21/none

Reactions: 3 users
I scheduled my interview date for September 19 at 11:30 am

Did those who got interviews also get an email confirming that UDM had received their payment and photo in the mail?

Received an invitation to an interview today

will you let me know what type of questions they ask?
You have the slightest chance of getting the same questions as someone else. It also wouldn’t be a wise decision for another person to give you the questions as they are competing with you for a spot. Just be yourself, it’s not something you can really prepare yourself for.

You have the slightest chance of getting the same questions as someone else. It also wouldn’t be a wise decision for another person to give you the questions as they are competing with you for a spot. Just be yourself, it’s not something you can really prepare yourself for.
I agree!

Does the initial wave of interview invites (yesterday) comprise of the majority of interview invites? I'm now feeling a little discouraged haha

Does the initial wave of interview invites (yesterday) comprise of the majority of interview invites? I'm now feeling a little discouraged haha
When did you submit your application and did you receive an email yet confirming they received your supplemental?

Also, no, they will send out many other interviews possibly next month.

Do you guys know how many applicants they will invite for interview out of 1500 applicants?

Do you guys know how many applicants they will invite for interview out of 1500 applicants?
From what I know in previous cycles, they had 7 interview sessions compromised of 100 students each. This year, I'm not sure if they're going to be interviewing less, or more.

If I pick the October 10th date do you guys think it makes me look bad picking the last date?