University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Yaaas i wonder if they put us on a group panel honestly i think it would make me relaxed being in a team haha
Hahah yeah that would be nice :)

Members don't see this ad.

For those who already did the interview, was everything done within 30 minutes?

For those who already did the interview, was everything done within 30 minutes?

No, after your 30 minute interview, there’s going to be a 15 minute wrap up session with Dr Steven Chang some time after

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
No, after your 30 minute interview, there’s going to be a 15 minute wrap up session with Dr Steven Chang some time after
Is the session with Dr.Steven a group session with all interviewees or one-on-one?

For the interview, did you guys have to download Blackboard Collaborate or was the link provided sufficient?

Any one get receintly invited for interviews?

Interview #1:
AA: 22, TS: 22
OGPA: 3.83, SGPA: 3.76
out-of-state resident (NY), but in 7-year BS/DDS program at UDM
Submit AADSAS app in first week of it opening for submission
took DAT August 16th, got it verified Sept 4th
Received invite for interview on Aug 28th
Planning to interview virtually mid-October

I have my interview on Saturday. Are the interviews with two interviewers or one?

Members don't see this ad :)
For the optional student panel, should I suit up like its an interview or business casual??

How did the interview go for yall?
It was really easy! The people interviewing me wanted a really casual interview. I prepared this past month for the interview and I think my answers sounded rehearsed so they just told be to relax and be myself. Overall I think it was great!

For the optional student panel, should I suit up like its an interview or business casual??
I just wore a dress shirt and sweater but you don‘t need your camera on, only the current students kept their camera on.

just got done with the interview, the faculty are very conversational and welcoming! you guys will do great :)

same! just finished the interview. none of the questions were difficult; they just want to learn more about you!

Just got an interview invite!
interview #4
AA:19 TS:19
Bio/chem/ochem/PAT/RC/QR
19/19/20/23/21/18

OGPA: 3.5
SGPA: 3.43

minority: Yes (Hispanic)
OOS : Florida

Took DAT July 16, had everything submitted and verified July 31

Reactions: 2 users
Interview #5
School: UDM
Notification date: 10/20/2020
Method of notification: Email
Residency: SC
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/29
Application complete date: 7/23
Undergraduate GPA (overall, science): 3.9,3.9

DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/20/19/18/16 RC

Interview #1
Notification date: 10/23/2020
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 09/11
Application complete date: still waiting for my official DAT scores to be verified. I took the test on Oct. 16th.
Undergraduate GPA (overall, science): 3.45; post bacc GPA 3.9

DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/18/18/24/ no

Two dates available for interview, Nov. 14th or Dec. 5th

Last edited:
Interview #4
Notification date: 10/28/2020
Residency: NY
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/23
Application complete date: 07/23
Undergraduate GPA: 2.84, 2.77 (Grad:3.9)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/21/18 none

Interview #6
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 09/10
Application complete date: 07/15
Undergraduate GPA: 3.3, 3.2
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/22/23 none

Did anyone who received an interview get an email last week saying to send in DAT scores or letters of rec? And to disregard it if everything was sent in?

Did anyone who received an interview get an email last week saying to send in DAT scores or letters of rec? And to disregard it if everything was sent in?
I got that email last week and received my interview invite today.

Interview #1
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/24
Application complete date: 09/29
Undergraduate GPA: 3.28, 3.14science post-bac: 4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/18/20/16QR

Interview #1
AADSAS mail-out date: 10/16
Application complete date: 10/12
Undergraduate GPA: 3.34c 3.25s
post-bac: 4.0
Master: 3.15 currently
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/20/19/ 16QR

Last edited:
Anyone know how many people they’re interviewing? And what is the chance of being accepted after interview?

Anyone know how many people they’re interviewing? And what is the chance of being accepted after interview?
They interview a total of 600-800 by December 15th, and send out about 200 acceptances. So on the interview day they interview about 60 people out a time. I asked Dr. Chang how adcom committees decide, and he said that they make a meeting and decide who to accept, reject, and waitlist.
Hope this helps :)

Reactions: 1 users
They interview a total of 600-800 by December 15th, and send out about 200 acceptances. So on the interview day they interview about 60 people out a time. I asked Dr. Chang how adcom committees decide, and he said that they make a meeting and decide who to accept, reject, and waitlist.
Hope this helps :)
Thank you so much! The closest date they had was December 5th for interview when I choose it this morning. Do you know if that’s too close to be accepted on the 15th or is there still a chance for acceptance then?

Thank you so much! The closest date they had was December 5th for interview when I choose it this morning. Do you know if that’s too close to be accepted on the 15th or is there still a chance for acceptance then?
As long as you are before that date your chances of getting in is good :)

Does anyone know if we hurt our chances for acceptance if we choose to interview Jan 23 over Dec 5th? I only have a day or two to prepare for dec 5th and I much prefer a January date.

Does anyone know if we hurt our chances for acceptance if we choose to interview Jan 23 over Dec 5th? I only have a day or two to prepare for dec 5th and I much prefer a January date.
I would keep in mind that December 5 is still before all schools send out their acceptances. The January 23 would be after the acceptance date and be based on a rolling basis. It’s your choice but I would go with December 5.

Is the December 5th full? should I register for the 23 or wait to see if a spot opens?

email says: We will NOT reschedule your interview unless you have a valid reason (i.e., death in family, illness - we will require documentation). You were given a choice of dates, so it is your responsibility to ensure that you are available on the date you choose. But only 1 date is available lol

Reactions: 1 users
email says: We will NOT reschedule your interview unless you have a valid reason (i.e., death in family, illness - we will require documentation). You were given a choice of dates, so it is your responsibility to ensure that you are available on the date you choose. But only 1 date is available lol

I think when they say "Reschedule" they meant if you have already scheduled a date, then want to change it, you won't be able to unless you have one of those reasons. But if you haven't scheduled anything, and there's only that one day left, they will give you other options (but probably will be in Jan, 2021).

I would agree, the type of questions they asked deserved more time in order to fully answer it. It wasn't the 90 seconds they promised in the email

What happens if u did poorly on interview and u have ok stats like a 19 AA and 3.02 gpa with a 3.8 post bacc gpa? Is it WL or what?

actual interview

maybe you are overthinking it and did better than you thought. Only people that know the answer to that is the adcoms for that school. I don't think a bad interview would destroy your chances unless you said something really alarming and seemed uninterested

maybe you are overthinking it and did better than you thought. Only people that know the answer to that is the adcoms for that school. I don't think a bad interview would destroy your chances unless you said something really alarming and seemed uninterested
Does the adcoms make a decision just only on the interview or what?

Does the adcoms make a decision just only on the interview or what?

Nah, its always the "the full package", LORs, grades, DAT, personal statement, ECs, and etc along the interview