19 AA what are my chances??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KMarie4

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey so I just took my DAT today 1/5/17 and my scores were:

PAT: 24
QR: 16 (idk wtf happened I ran outta time)
RC:18
Bio: 19
GC: 20
OC: 23
TS: 20
AA: 19 :(

My gpa is a 3.84 currently I still have 2 more quarters left and I think my science is around 3.7ish not sure. But i just totally messed up on QR and I wanted to go to UW. I have clinical hours and I'm a registered dental assistant although I haven't had time to practice with school and I'm in a volunteering internship.. are my scores going to hurt me? Should I retake? Or should I just get a lot of extra curricular to make me stand out? Help.

Members don't see this ad.

Your scores are awesome, except for QR and reading could also go up a little higher. I am not sure about your chances since I haven't even applied myself, but if you feel like you could keep the rest of your scores consistent in a retake and raise math and reading I would go for a retake since your other scores show that you have good working knowledge in those subjects. Plus I heard some schools have a cut off of 17 for any section and your QR is below that threshold.

My gpa is a 3.84 currently I still have 2 more quarters left and I think my science is around 3.7ish not sure. But i just totally messed up on QR and I wanted to go to UW. I have clinical hours and I'm a registered dental assistant although I haven't had time to practice with school and I'm in a volunteering internship.. are my scores going to hurt me? Should I retake? Or should I just get a lot of extra curricular to make me stand out? Help.
If you are feeling unsure, call the schools that you are thinking about applying to and ask them if your scores are competitive and if any of them would keep you from getting in. Many of the admissions people that I have talked to are very nice and will generally try and help better understand your chances.

Congratulations! Very nice scores and you Destroyed the Orgo! Most schools don't put as much weight in the QR as the Science and Reading sections. I have reviewed the scores and gpa for UW and the average DAT scores AA and TS is around 20.4 and with low scores around 17, that does not mean because you received a 16 in QR you will not be considered. Your other scores more than make up for 1 low score. Make sure you have a VERY VERY strong personal statement. A strong personal statement can open the door to an interview.

As I have stated many times on this forum call the school directly and discuss your stats.

Just my 2 cents

Wishing you the best!

Nancy

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You definitely have a fair shot. Your GPA is very high and your AA is slightly below average for matriculated students. Don't count yourself out by any means.

my dat i took in 2016 summer:
PAT: 18
QR: 17 ( i also ran out of time)
RC:18 ( on DAT BOOTCAMP i always scored 20-21....idk what happended)
Bio: 20
GC: 21
OC: 20
AA: 19

my gpa from my undergraduate in biology was 3.42... since then i took physics 1 and 2 elsewhere and currently enrolled in a associate business management program (it was free) to fill the time until 2018 cycle open up. So my overall gpa is unknown but would be higher than 3.42. Im also currently involved with research at my university, hopefully i can get a publication and a presentation or two in by next year.

i've been wondering for a while if needed to re-take my DAT. i did speak with admission for one school of interest and was told I was fine however....I still wonder though....