19S mcat retake in september late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If your total score is 19, you need to focus on everything. Unless you had a stroke during the test or hadn't slept in 36hrs, you should wait and take the test next year.

Going up just a couple points is hard enough. You need to go up at LEAST 10 pts. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad.

To be honest, in my 4 years on the adcom, I have only rarely seen someone's MCAT with a 10 point disparity. Even for applicants with otherwise high GPAs.

To be honest, in my 4 years on the adcom, I have only rarely seen someone's MCAT with a 10 point disparity. Even for applicants with otherwise high GPAs.

That's a good thing. Honestly, if you were to practically ever see a 10 pt disparity between someone's scores, it would be a terribly damaging mark to the credibility of the MCAT and, more specifically, to its reliability. Even if sick, the OP would have to be basically guessing on every single question to end up at a 19. It really makes no sense.

Members don't see this ad :)
take it later, apply next cycle.

I hate to say it, but I am with Freigeist. Med school acceptance is a numbers game, and most schools might not even look at the rest of your application when they see the MCAT score. I would retake it. Don't ever give up hope though. If you really want to be a doctor, you will someday.

Wait until next year to retake it. Sorry, but it's true. I firmly believe you CAN pull up to 30+, but realize that it's going to take more than a month of work, even if you were sick when you took it.

That's a good thing. Honestly, if you were to practically ever see a 10 pt disparity between someone's scores, it would be a terribly damaging mark to the credibility of the MCAT and, more specifically, to its reliability. Even if sick, the OP would have to be basically guessing on every single question to end up at a 19. It really makes no sense.

There's a few people in the 30+ tips thread that have jumped 7+ points between tests...

I think the fact that these jumps can occur indicates the need for a new test, hence the 2015 remake.

A 19 is unbelievable. Seems like a troll, especially since his practice tests were in the upper 20s...but if not. Then don't retake this cycle. Take time off and study from now until January and take it then. And if you don't get a "good enough" score then retake it in May so you can still apply on time. Good luck

If you score a 19, getting 29+ won't be hard because you just need to relearn the science. Once that is down solid, 29+ will be easy