1st Kaplan Practice Test, anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

apricotattack

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if any of you guys took your very first (post-diagnostic) practice MCAT today? How'd you do, what'd you think?​

Members don't see this ad.

I was surprised at my PS score. Disappointed in verbal and came out avg for me in BS. 11/8/9. That passage about soil cations was pretty tough:cool:

How'd you do?

I was surprised at my PS score. Disappointed in verbal and came out avg for me in BS. 11/8/9. That passage about soil cations was pretty tough:cool:

How'd you do?

Agreed, the soil cation passage is tricky. I'm going to be reviewing that with my class on Tuesday, and I always get quite a few questions from there. But don't dwell on the difficulty of the passages/questions. The important issue is are you more comfortable with the format and content than you were when you first started?

I think i missed all but 2 questions on that soil cation one hahaha but managed a 14 on PS...

break down was 14/10/14 ugh, i would rather take a 12/12/12... i cant stand Kaplan's verbal questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
The Kaplan software crashed three or four times for me, and I had a major problem getting through the exam. I hope Kaplan gets the software fixed soon. They were doing a major overhaul on the syllabus early this morning. I guess it has worked out well for all of you guys; but I would like to know if someone else has experiences the same problems.

The Kaplan software crashed three or four times for me, and I had a major problem getting through the exam. I hope Kaplan gets the software fixed soon. They were doing a major overhaul on the syllabus early this morning. I guess it has worked out well for all of you guys; but I would like to know if someone else has experiences the same problems.

i've taken 6 Kaplan FL's and none of them have crashed on me.

i've taken 6 Kaplan FL's and none of them have crashed on me.

There doing a system maintenance (sp? > who cares its late) on March 7th I believe because they have gotten a lot of complaints. No problems here for me though.

I went from a 27 (BS 8, VR 8, PS 11) on my diagnostic without having studied to a 34 (BS 12, VR 11, PS 11) on my first full length. And holy crap, what was up with that soil cation passage? I've heard Kaplan's PS is pretty tough compared to the real thing though.

I'm glad I'm not the only one thrown off by the soil cations... A few of the duller verbal passages got me, too, and predictably I missed a lot in the subjects I haven't covered yet. But, I am happy with my score for where I am (25). Obviously, I do NOT want that on test day, but I'm a non-science major and haven't gone through all my review notes yet. Just hoping to go up, bit by bit, and peak on May 16!!!

I'm right behind you. I have a 24 after the first diagnostic full length (PS10/V7/BS7) I was upset at first as I was hoping for a bigger score increase but you're right, this is an okay place for right now. At least it's easier to keep up my motivation to study. Just keep plugging away, right. Well, maybe not this week for me as I have four tests and a paper to right. At least most of my classes are related to the science tested on the MCAT...