• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

apricotattack

10+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2007
Western US
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Just wondering if any of you guys took your very first (post-diagnostic) practice MCAT today? How'd you do, what'd you think?​

MeCord3

10+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I was surprised at my PS score. Disappointed in verbal and came out avg for me in BS. 11/8/9. That passage about soil cations was pretty tough:cool:

How'd you do?

Agreed, the soil cation passage is tricky. I'm going to be reviewing that with my class on Tuesday, and I always get quite a few questions from there. But don't dwell on the difficulty of the passages/questions. The important issue is are you more comfortable with the format and content than you were when you first started?

killinsound

10+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I think i missed all but 2 questions on that soil cation one hahaha but managed a 14 on PS...

break down was 14/10/14 ugh, i would rather take a 12/12/12... i cant stand Kaplan's verbal questions.

About the Ads

booji

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2005
Status (Visible)
The Kaplan software crashed three or four times for me, and I had a major problem getting through the exam. I hope Kaplan gets the software fixed soon. They were doing a major overhaul on the syllabus early this morning. I guess it has worked out well for all of you guys; but I would like to know if someone else has experiences the same problems.

killinsound

10+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
The Kaplan software crashed three or four times for me, and I had a major problem getting through the exam. I hope Kaplan gets the software fixed soon. They were doing a major overhaul on the syllabus early this morning. I guess it has worked out well for all of you guys; but I would like to know if someone else has experiences the same problems.

i've taken 6 Kaplan FL's and none of them have crashed on me.

AggieSean

Coffee is for closers
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 14, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I went from a 27 (BS 8, VR 8, PS 11) on my diagnostic without having studied to a 34 (BS 12, VR 11, PS 11) on my first full length. And holy crap, what was up with that soil cation passage? I've heard Kaplan's PS is pretty tough compared to the real thing though.

apricotattack

10+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2007
Western US
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I'm glad I'm not the only one thrown off by the soil cations... A few of the duller verbal passages got me, too, and predictably I missed a lot in the subjects I haven't covered yet. But, I am happy with my score for where I am (25). Obviously, I do NOT want that on test day, but I'm a non-science major and haven't gone through all my review notes yet. Just hoping to go up, bit by bit, and peak on May 16!!!

SFMAV

10+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I'm right behind you. I have a 24 after the first diagnostic full length (PS10/V7/BS7) I was upset at first as I was hoping for a bigger score increase but you're right, this is an okay place for right now. At least it's easier to keep up my motivation to study. Just keep plugging away, right. Well, maybe not this week for me as I have four tests and a paper to right. At least most of my classes are related to the science tested on the MCAT...

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.