1st year equipment

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

catzeye523

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll be starting my 1st year at ICO, and I know that I'll have to buy some equipment. The optometrist that I shadowed also went to ICO and graduated about 5 years ago. She said she can sell me the equipment she used when she was in optometry school. What kind of equipment is that? Does it get outdated? I'm clueless with this stuff, so any kind of info about this will be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

catzeye523 said:
I'll be starting my 1st year at ICO, and I know that I'll have to buy some equipment. The optometrist that I shadowed also went to ICO and graduated about 5 years ago. She said she can sell me the equipment she used when she was in optometry school. What kind of equipment is that? Does it get outdated? I'm clueless with this stuff, so any kind of info about this will be greatly appreciated!
you will have to buy following equipments:
lens kit
diagnostic kit (D.O and Ret)
near point card, PD ruler, occluder, color testing book (ish....), stereo , etc
lens clock
That is what i can think of so far

catzeye523 said:

If you've got the chance to buy the stuff "gently used" TAKE IT ! Nothing can really get out of date. You'll probably save a few THOUSAND dollars. (always good)